Taekwondo contemplates its future

Taekwondo contemplates its future

There are 3 comments on the Korea Herald story from Jul 3, 2009, titled Taekwondo contemplates its future. In it, Korea Herald reports that:

On May 23 a Brazilian heavyweight named Lyoto Machida destroyed previously undefeated American Rashad Evans in two lopsided rounds in the championship bout of the 92nd Ultimate Fighting Championships.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Korea Herald.

bell

United States

#1 Jul 11, 2009
wow. I don't care about the mma part of the article but the fact that someone out there wants to bring tae kwon do back to its original nature and build on it is exciting. until then I will keep on defending tae kwon do to those that think its soft
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Jul 11, 2009
bell wrote:
wow. I don't care about the mma part of the article but the fact that someone out there wants to bring tae kwon do back to its original nature and build on it is exciting. until then I will keep on defending tae kwon do to those that think its soft
----

USA of taekwondo make LOL the world for the soft martial arts . You have a long way to go ahahahah ! When you go to Europe or Korea for your taekwondo coming from USA ,the master there put you a beginner white belt because you are not able to touch someone. That is hillarious. In fact I haved the DVD home and he show you that, because USA people are no value in this sector!
Please here TKD is cartoon only. For kids christmas three gift.....ahahahahh !
Gareth

Cambridge, UK

#3 Aug 30, 2009
How old is this article exactly?

I saw several inaccuracies in how it portrays WTF taekwondo with how it describe it as a completely points based sport which makes me wonder if the person writing this article has even ever seen a WTF taekwondo sparring competition (I've only ever been to two and have seen a fair few knockouts.)

It doesn’t even stop there; this article is even wrong in how it describes the scoring system, hand techniques are allowed to the body and kicks to the head score two points, not one...

Honestly, can anyone say inaccurate and biased?

On another note, I wouldn’t mind at all if one federation of taekwondo became more traditional and the other remained as a sport, these decisions on the development of a martial art is what helps a martial art in general in the same way as natural selection helps a species grow and evolve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muay Thai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Halton Hills residents bask in Honour & Glory I... Aug 15 kickboxing 1
News Muay Thai offers benefits for the whole family (Aug '15) May '16 Martial-arts 2
Who has trained at Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts i... (Jan '07) Jul '15 suplex delux my f... 14
News Finalists prepare for Halton's Got Talent (Jun '15) Jun '15 Mary 1
News Muay Thai instructor is carrying on family prid... (Mar '08) Jun '15 big daddy 263
News Zambidis ready to rock in Cyprus (May '15) May '15 takis ptolemeos 1
Muay Thai Training Centre (Apr '06) Feb '15 azeez ullah 97
More from around the web