Wu Chu Chuan - the system
Posted in the Kung Fu Forum
#1 Nov 30, 2009
In the Wuzu system, students of all shapes/sizes are taught Qigong exercises and meditation for health then martial arts skill, but above all humanity is the main theme of the teachings.
Shaolin Wuzuquan is an infusion of five great systems (above) and each system I based on a distinct speciality.
a. The hand techniques of Yinyang Peihe (Yingyan White Crane).
b. The footwork techniques of Soo Heng Cheh (Monkey).
c. The dynamic power and body techniques of Lohan (The Immortal).
d. The precision techniques of Taizu (Zhao K'ang Yin).
e. The meditation and development of Chi of Tamo (Bodhidharma).
There are eight principles in the Wuzu system, of these there are four essential basic principles which all students must first learn to master before proceeding to the advanced principles.
It is essential in the application of Wuzu techniques that the four basic principles must be applied in unison so that the opponent can be effectively subdued.
A. The basic principles, Tun(swallow), Tou(spit), Fau(float), Cham(Sink)
1. Tun - Absorb, To assimilate an incoming force by receiving it.
2. Tou - Release, The ejection of concentrated force for striking the opponent.
3. Fau - Float, The lifting or unbalancing of opponent shifting his or her centre of gravity
4. Cham - Sink, To restrain or immobilize the opponents movements and techniques by the application of heavy hand techniques.
B. The advanced principles
1. Zhuan - Turn, Simultaneously turning the hand to block and attack
2. Xiang - Evade, Evading an attack to create emptiness an then counter attack.
3. Zheng - Disable, Disable an attack by attacking the limbs, eyes, body etc.
4. Qua - Emptiness, Nothingness - striking at pressure points to destroy
Add your comments below
|They know kung fu (Sep '09)||Sep '16||Johnsteven||15|
|Martial Arts expert from Gujarat in city (Feb '10)||Nov '14||paresh||4|
|Martial arts trio make provincial team (Apr '13)||Apr '13||Chris||1|
|question about kung fu tuition (Jan '13)||Jan '13||Matvei||1|
|WingTsun Martial Arts (Dec '12)||Dec '12||WingTsun||1|
|Learning Kung Fu (May '07)||Jun '12||yamuna||52|
|Total Martial Arts Premier Academy (Mar '12)||Mar '12||Anonymous||1|
Find what you want!
Search Kung Fu Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC