Choosing a Martial Art: Tae Kwon Do

Choosing a Martial Art: Tae Kwon Do

There are 10 comments on the WXMI story from Nov 17, 2009, titled Choosing a Martial Art: Tae Kwon Do. In it, WXMI reports that:

If you want to impress your friends with spinning back kicks or high flying kicks, consider Tae Kwon Do.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXMI.

Family Martial Arts

Saint Charles, MO

#1 Nov 20, 2009
Impressing people with fancy moves is a poor reason to train in Tae Kwon Do or any martial art. Students need to train with the goals of self improvement and increased physical fitness/ability, not because it makes them look "cool." Besides, flying kicks and spinning kicks are not beginning techniques, so newcomers should not expect to learn these types of moves any time soon.
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Seffner, FL

#2 Nov 20, 2009
Family Martial Arts wrote:
Impressing people with fancy moves is a poor reason to train in Tae Kwon Do or any martial art. Students need to train with the goals of self improvement and increased physical fitness/ability, not because it makes them look "cool." Besides, flying kicks and spinning kicks are not beginning techniques, so newcomers should not expect to learn these types of moves any time soon.
-

When read you stuff that again make me LOL , because what ever you can advertise for your taekwondo is just for kids...ahahahah!
Americans adults doesn't do that by concepts ahahahahh !Still cow boys since 1840. Look the constitution book.

And what's the heck is respect &discipline in this country?????????! when no body touch no body , please don't hurt me......mommy,mommy he want hurt me......ahahaha Hilarious.
Every martial arts are like that! is just gooffy cartoon.
TKD Sucks

Marion, OH

#3 Mar 8, 2010
Tae Kwon Do sucks as a martial art and I would never recommend anyone to ever sign up and learn it. Stick with the real deal and learn authentic Karate from a real Sensei that is not in some strip mall that over charges you for it.
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Seffner, FL

#4 Mar 9, 2010
TKD Sucks wrote:
Tae Kwon Do sucks as a martial art and I would never recommend anyone to ever sign up and learn it. Stick with the real deal and learn authentic Karate from a real Sensei that is not in some strip mall that over charges you for it.
One billion of CONGRATULATION.....Bravo! in USA oh yes!
Higher than you DAN

Hopewell, VA

#5 Mar 10, 2010
If you want to defend yourself and impress people, take up boxing....boxers pound for pound are tougher and can knock out any martial arts dude...
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Seffner, FL

#6 Mar 10, 2010
Higher than you DAN wrote:
If you want to defend yourself and impress people, take up boxing....boxers pound for pound are tougher and can knock out any martial arts dude...
--

Come on show me what you got......dude....ahahahahh!
With out belt.!!!!! Don't care belt is for kids!
Mommy he want hurt me.....ahahaahh! that is U.S.
If you are able to touch someone with out gloves very welcome!

Put your own email down and give me an appointment!
Higher than you DAN

Hopewell, VA

#7 Mar 11, 2010
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN wrote:
<quoted text>--
Come on show me what you got......dude....ahahahahh!
With out belt.!!!!! Don't care belt is for kids!
Mommy he want hurt me.....ahahaahh! that is U.S.
If you are able to touch someone with out gloves very welcome!
Put your own email down and give me an appointment!
No problem little clown ...Wanna be knocked out cold for 1 day or 3?:)
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Seffner, FL

#8 Mar 11, 2010
Higher than you DAN wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem little clown ...Wanna be knocked out cold for 1 day or 3?:)
---

Can you translate me what you say????? idiot.

Put your own email Idiot then we will see what you got?????ahaha!
Higher than you DAN

Hopewell, VA

#9 Mar 12, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Lesnar

Come get me old man...ha ha hahahahaha moron.
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Seffner, FL

#10 Mar 13, 2010
Higher than you DAN wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B rock_Lesnar
Come get me old man...ha ha hahahahaha moron.
You can say what ever you cross is topix.......ahahaha
But in fact you have no guts like so many others to put your onw e-mail for an appointment right????? ahahha!
And for being a moron I know that since I was born about yourself?????????? tell me what I don't know pleae idiot!
But away my own e-mail it is on this topix long ago!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Karate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Karate versus tae kwon do: The similarities and... Apr '17 Clark 1
News They know kung fu (Sep '09) Mar '17 kungfubeliever 17
Sorcha McCorry (Feb '15) Nov '16 Nen80 4
News Golden girl Sorcha scoops world titles (Nov '10) Nov '16 PBKumite 14
News Sapulpa Karate Instructor Arrested For Alleged ... (May '10) Nov '16 Alvin Boss 263
News Raiders Fan's Drunken Karate Exhibition Ends Wh... (Sep '16) Sep '16 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
News Naked man does bizarre pole dance complete with... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Parden Pard 13
More from around the web