Ultimate fighting involves kids as yo...

Ultimate fighting involves kids as young as 6

There are 15 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 27, 2008, titled Ultimate fighting involves kids as young as 6. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Ultimate fighting was once the sole domain of burly men who beat each other bloody in anything-goes brawls on pay-per-view TV.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

RAH

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 27, 2008
"As a parent, I'd much rather have my kids here learning how to defend themselves and getting positive reinforcement than out on the streets."
How about move your kids to a safer neighborhood...

Since: Mar 08

United States

#2 Mar 29, 2008
shut up you idiot, there aren't that many options for safe neigborhoods for anybody these days.
local

Inman, SC

#3 Mar 30, 2008
This is a bad practice for many reasons. It is incredible how many parents lead their children right to activities that harm them. It is REALLY sad that parents are on the sidelines cheering on their children to be brutes, and it's sadder still that the pummelings cause unnecessary trauma to the children's bodies, and the adults don't even care. I guess as long as they get to see the fights...

It wouldn't surpise me if they even bet on these fights.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE ADULTS IN THIS COUNTRY ?

“Why do ya need to know that?”

Since: Feb 07

Leicester

#4 Mar 30, 2008
My other half watches the adult version of this. It makes me physically ill. I have no problem with children learning things like karate, but this may be just pushing it a little too far, JMO.
we need to know this

Charleston, SC

#5 Nov 18, 2008
hey i am fourteen and about to do this i think it helps everyone says fighting solves nothing but the only way to protect your kids today is tohome school them an never let them out i am in public high school and we get picked on and pressusred into fights alot and if you dont want your kid to get humiliated and get beat crap beat out of him you will teach him to fight
MOMMY

Saint Petersburg, FL

#6 Nov 18, 2008
RAH wrote:
"As a parent, I'd much rather have my kids here learning how to defend themselves and getting positive reinforcement than out on the streets."
How about move your kids to a safer neighborhood...
--

You did know parents are dumbs today in this country......ahahah!+ Ignorants too die.
MOMMY

Saint Petersburg, FL

#7 Nov 18, 2008
local wrote:
This is a bad practice for many reasons. It is incredible how many parents lead their children right to activities that harm them. It is REALLY sad that parents are on the sidelines cheering on their children to be brutes, and it's sadder still that the pummelings cause unnecessary trauma to the children's bodies, and the adults don't even care. I guess as long as they get to see the fights...
It wouldn't surpise me if they even bet on these fights.
WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE ADULTS IN THIS COUNTRY ?

Like usual nothing ....ahahah! Dumbs.
Ghost Dog

Waterloo, IA

#8 Nov 18, 2008
"we need to know this"?? You need to dedicate your time to studying your school lessons/work, hard to believe you are in high school!
MOMMY

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9 Nov 18, 2008
Ghost Dog wrote:
"we need to know this"?? You need to dedicate your time to studying your school lessons/work, hard to believe you are in high school!
----

Parents teach too her owns children how he can do what he want > so what did you expect ???!
A rebel doesn't following the society he beleive to what he want is good because nobody have the guts to tell him/he nothing..... B.S.People are so coward...! all the rest is ahahaha !

Since: Nov 08

The Mountains of WNC

#10 Nov 18, 2008
MOMMY wrote:
<quoted text>----
Parents teach too her owns children how he can do what he want > so what did you expect ???!
A rebel doesn't following the society he beleive to what he want is good because nobody have the guts to tell him/he nothing..... B.S.People are so coward...! all the rest is ahahaha !
What??
Ghost Dog

Waterloo, IA

#11 Nov 19, 2008
Typical redneck behavior!
Renegade

Arden, NC

#12 Nov 19, 2008
You've got to be kidding me! If this activity is done in a structured environment it can only help BUILD a childs self esteem. Do you know how it feels to make your own money, drive your own car, make your individual choices?? Then imagine how empowered you feel to know that you are involved in an activity that will keep you in good shape, teach you how to protect yourself and allow kids to develop a sense of being. To the detractors: keep in mind, I'm saying in a structured adult supervised environment.
Ghost Dog

Waterloo, IA

#13 Nov 19, 2008
Learning karate or judo is OK but "ultimate fighting" is sick.
TKD Sucks

Marion, OH

#14 Mar 9, 2010
MMA is a joke and no child should ever train in a sport that focuses on talking smack, lack of respect, crappy martial arts moves and drug use. Look closer at the MMA world and you will see it is not real martial arts. Authentic Martial Arts is not about winning some stupid contest nor is it about being tough as MMA promotes. MMA is the cause for the sudden increase in violence amongst teens...proven fact.
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Seffner, FL

#15 Mar 9, 2010
Dunnin wrote:
My other half watches the adult version of this. It makes me physically ill. I have no problem with children learning things like karate, but this may be just pushing it a little too far, JMO.
----No for adults you mistaked Sir!

But away the martial arts karate look like your picture.....ahahah!
Mommy,mommy he want Hurt me.....ahahahhaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Karate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News They know kung fu (Sep '09) Dec '16 Misha 16
Sorcha McCorry (Feb '15) Nov '16 Nen80 4
News Golden girl Sorcha scoops world titles (Nov '10) Nov '16 PBKumite 14
News Sapulpa Karate Instructor Arrested For Alleged ... (May '10) Nov '16 Alvin Boss 263
News Raiders Fan's Drunken Karate Exhibition Ends Wh... Sep '16 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
News Naked man does bizarre pole dance complete with... Sep '16 Parden Pard 12
News Scheer's life a fistful of memories (Nov '06) Aug '16 Ron Friesen 5
More from around the web