Osceola instructor's friends find charges hard to believe

Full story: The Orlando Sentinel

Neighbors, colleagues and friends on Saturday rallied around the Kissimmee karate teacher arrested a day earlier on charges he molested a teenage student.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,096
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kagisurfer

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 21, 2006
 
I don't know wether the charges of molestation are true. I hope they're not.

I do know that Bradley Knight is a megalomaniac. He thinks that by dominiating his students both physically and mentally that he is showing that he is a great instructor and powerful personality.

It's a shame really, he's not a bad martial artist would have much more to offer if he didn't try to run his karate school like a military boot-camp all the time.

Dicipline is necessary in a karate school. Beating a student with a Shinai for making an error in judgement is not the way to teach.

Oss
Danielle Todd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 21, 2006
 
Bradley is a great teacher. As one of his former students, I loved his classes. Yes, they were strict but it instills discipline and confidence in you that can help you in life outside the dojo. I donít know if the accusations are true or not, but after knowing his family and him personally I have a very hard time believing it. It is just not in his character.
birdgirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 23, 2006
 
It's quite obvious that Mr. Thomet and Kagisurfer never quite got the message of karate. As a student for the last year, and a previous student under another sensei, there is nothing wrong or harsh concerning the method that Mr. Knight instills in his class. The problem is that most people haven't figured out the difference between pride and respect. Their pride gets in the way of humbling themselves to learn. Name calling on this page only validates exactly what I am speaking of here. Invalidating someone else's viewpoint is a blatant showing of how little self respect, dignity and how much low self esteem one has. Wow. I am so not impressed. Unless this whole mess is proven via DNA, the man who teaches my class has nothing buy my utmost respect as he should as my sensei.
birdgirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 26, 2006
 
Hmm. You appear to have much anger. Frankly, since I do not know you, I actually have no comments on what your personal problem is, however, if we are speaking of Education per se, I was a high school teacher for 4 years, so I am very much in tune as to what education implies. Discipline is a matter of cultural background. By your wording, I am not sure whether you are making a statement or question. Education does not stop at adulthood. Ignorant student? When one realizes that they are perpetually ignorant througout life, life then becomes a challenge to realize the importance of education. However, I must say, I am not sure what the purpose of your statement is, whether your are speaking of my sensei or some other sensei. One of the precepts in Shotokan is that it will take your entire life to learn karate, that there is no limit. That is true, as well as pretty much anything else in life. In true karate, there is a measure of discipline. If you did not learn this as a student, then you suffered a great loss.
birdgirl
Jacques Thomet wrote:
<quoted text> So what did you call Education & discipline. for Adults not children.Adults should be educaded for educating her own children then we can talk about Sensei,means only Master or teacher etc.........Ignorant Student! The rest is only well talk & emotional excuses!
Danielle Todd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 28, 2006
 
Jacques Thomet wrote:
<quoted text> I you finish to be emotionally & give compliments for nothing ! When you talk nice you have success in this childish country. That is not Martial arts but just crap... sweet heart. uwwwwwwwww.stupid.
Finish emotionally? I am more mature then you have proven to be. Martial Arts helps with self confidents, maybe if you actually experianced martial arts you would have more depth to your opinion.
ronin

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 29, 2006
 
Hey Jacques Thomet .... ever post on Bullshido.com ?

Go for it!
TKD

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 30, 2006
 
What a moron:

Obesity is rising at an alarming rate throughout Europe. It forms a pan-European epidemic that presents a major barrier to the prevention of chronic
non-communicable diseases. At least 135 million EU citizens are affected and perhaps another 70 million in those countries seeking to join. In many countries now significantly more than half the adult population is overweight and up to 30% of adults are clinically obese. The prevalence among children is rising significantly with as many as one in four affected in some regions.

www.iotf.org/media/euobesity.pdf

LMAO what an idiot you are
Danielle Todd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 3, 2006
 
Jacques Thomet wrote:
<quoted text> He suppose YES ,but the way how you doing it here in USA it give nothing too sweet.Martial arts have nothing to do with the sweet way.May be you need way king up sweet heart. witch pre-school of martial arts do you do ?? anyway !
1st off where are you from... your english is horrible. Martial arts isnt sweet its hard work... I dont know. Have you actually been in martial arts?
Lliona

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 5, 2006
 
I know the man. My kids attend the school and he is not guilty. As for his teaching methods, I dont know all that much about martial arts but when you help two children the way he has helped mine you deserve some respect. This man has done alot for two children whose own crackhead father can't even call them. They have a self-confidence and respect that was never there.
KLR

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 6, 2006
 
Lliona wrote:
I know the man. My kids attend the school and he is not guilty. As for his teaching methods, I dont know all that much about martial arts but when you help two children the way he has helped mine you deserve some respect. This man has done alot for two children whose own crackhead father can't even call them. They have a self-confidence and respect that was never there.
I am in complete agreement with you Lliona. My son also attends and has for several years. I hardly think that it is fair for anyone that doesn't know him, to pass judgement on him. This country is based on the belief of "innocent until proven guilty." My family and I will stand behind him 100%.
KLR

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Sep 6, 2006
 
Jacques Thomet wrote:
<quoted text> Children copy her own parents do you understand & that make not martial arts to be good. Dont hurt my children,my children doesn't need be hurt...etc.. that is pure crap/ that have nothing to do with martial arts,Americans make martial arts to be like(SHIT).
It would be so much easier to respond to your thoughts if I could understand them. I can't be open minded about what you're trying to say if I can't understand you.
KLR

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 7, 2006
 
Jacques Thomet wrote:
<quoted text> In Europe if you following your own Sensei coming from Japanese way that is like boot camp training.We call good because you listen + obey ,so you can learn a lot &come strong we call that education.Yes Sir. Here is like trash.
Then why do you live here?
an Insider

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Sep 7, 2006
 
I hate to break it to you students and former students that are faithfully heralding his inocence, but, not only is he guilty, he's done it before.

But don't take my word for it. It will all come out at trial. You will see.

Meglomaniac is a perfect description of Mr. Knight. And like every power drunk punk, he thought himself above reproach. It will all come around. Be sure of it.
an Insider

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 7, 2006
 
Danielle Todd wrote:
Bradley is a great teacher. As one of his former students, I loved his classes. Yes, they were strict but it instills discipline and confidence in you that can help you in life outside the dojo. I donít know if the accusations are true or not, but after knowing his family and him personally I have a very hard time believing it. It is just not in his character.
Is this "Hanabi"?
an Insider

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Sep 7, 2006
 
birdgirl wrote:
It's quite obvious that Mr. Thomet and Kagisurfer never quite got the message of karate. As a student for the last year, and a previous student under another sensei, there is nothing wrong or harsh concerning the method that Mr. Knight instills in his class. The problem is that most people haven't figured out the difference between pride and respect. Their pride gets in the way of humbling themselves to learn. Name calling on this page only validates exactly what I am speaking of here. Invalidating someone else's viewpoint is a blatant showing of how little self respect, dignity and how much low self esteem one has. Wow. I am so not impressed. Unless this whole mess is proven via DNA, the man who teaches my class has nothing buy my utmost respect as he should as my sensei.
Um, sorry BadGirl, but you really haven't been there long enough or have known him long enough to be able to speak with authority on the matter of his character. While I understand your faith it is not something that is based on who he really is. It's based on the persona that he invented, along with his little world, where he reigns supreme. It's not healthy and most students that spend time in the environment fall victim to his influence. I did for a long time and it seems you have too.

It's time to realize that in that dojo you are made to feel that the qualities that you have and desire for yourself are unattainable without him. It's a cult mentality.

But do as you like. Either way, now that the hounds have his scent all will come to light. And trust me there is more.
lola

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Sep 7, 2006
 
Lliona wrote:
I know the man. My kids attend the school and he is not guilty. As for his teaching methods, I dont know all that much about martial arts but when you help two children the way he has helped mine you deserve some respect. This man has done alot for two children whose own crackhead father can't even call them. They have a self-confidence and respect that was never there.
I'm sorry to inform you that Mr. Bradley Knight Sensei, whatever you want to call him has had other sexual affairs
KLR

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Sep 7, 2006
 
an Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, sorry BadGirl, but you really haven't been there long enough or have known him long enough to be able to speak with authority on the matter of his character. While I understand your faith it is not something that is based on who he really is. It's based on the persona that he invented, along with his little world, where he reigns supreme. It's not healthy and most students that spend time in the environment fall victim to his influence. I did for a long time and it seems you have too.
It's time to realize that in that dojo you are made to feel that the qualities that you have and desire for yourself are unattainable without him. It's a cult mentality.
But do as you like. Either way, now that the hounds have his scent all will come to light. And trust me there is more.
Insider - I suppose that you are entitled to your opinion based on your experiences with him. And as such, so am I. I'm not a student but my son is and not only has karate become important in his life, but Mr. Knight and his family as well. I suppose that each person on this planet takes away a little something different than the other person in our experiences. For you, it doesn't sound like you benefited at all. But for my son, it has changed his life.

From what you are saying, you are making it seem as if he needs to prove that he is innocent where in reality and under the rights of the constitution, the prosecution must prove him guilty. I truly believe that this will be a case of he said/she said, which can be scary in itself.

As for him doing this before, I have to question that as well. Why hasn't anyone else come forward then? Because I know both parties to this accusation, I believe I can make a sensible decision about whether or not to believe it.

Maybe your opinions are based on being told to do 1 too many push ups.
lola

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Sep 7, 2006
 
I agree so much with insider this will all come to the surface. Obviously I'm not the only person who knows a lot to be said about our sensei. I really hope that they nail his ass. Having affairs was bad enough, but seducing a child 20 yrs. younger is so fucking sick. I hope this dog gets what he deserves. As for his wife she is aware of his infidelity but like everything else he also runs her like a student
lola

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Sep 7, 2006
 
no one has come forward because alot of people will get hurt
lola

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Sep 7, 2006
 
I really want to see him prove himself innocent that he is not, even his young students are aware of what goes on behind the curtains at the dojo. His nick name is horneymaster

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,096
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Karate Discussions

Search the Karate Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
They know kung fu (Sep '09) Mar 22 sadfsdf 10
Female Karate Blackbelt Foils Burglary (Jun '08) Mar '14 Rick Moss 7
Golden girl Sorcha scoops world titles (Nov '10) Mar '14 Uncle Tom 6
Kyle Richards gets into a playful tussle with h... Dec '13 dmw 1
AT WORK: Atomic Boxing is the place for Fusion ... (Jun '09) Nov '13 John 11
Karate instructor chops his way into Ripley's book (Sep '13) Sep '13 kev 1
Sapulpa Karate Instructor Arrested For Alleged ... (May '10) Jul '13 chace 261
•••
•••
•••