From Africa to America, Moroccan teen...

From Africa to America, Moroccan teens get taste of life at G-D...

There are 5 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 3, 2009, titled From Africa to America, Moroccan teens get taste of life at G-D.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

From left, Moroccan exchange students, Khalid Chraibi, 18, Hehdi Beqqali, 18, Mehdi Talout, 19, Oussama Chafil, 18, Abir Fakir, 18, and Sophia Zizi, 18, stand outside Groton-Dunstable Regional High School, where they are experiencing American life for two weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

local guy

Dracut, MA

#1 Nov 3, 2009
{The students said they are here to brush up on their English skills because they don't speak it as often as other languages.]

great , this country needs more resourses taken from our kids , when they leave , can they take obamas welfare stealing aunt with them
Vsd

Lowell, MA

#2 Nov 3, 2009
I think its a great thing to have them come here and really see what the average everyday Americans life is like. Many of our so-called celebrities these days give us Americans a bad example of what it's like to be an American. So yes I think it's refreshing for them to actually see what the average American lifestyle is like. Let them and the rest of the world know that we are just hard working people that only want the best for us and our families. Just like any other family in the world. I hope they go back with a better understanding of what America and the people are all about.
citizen

Lowell, MA

#3 Nov 3, 2009
Vsd wrote:
I think its a great thing to have them come here and really see what the average everyday Americans life is like. Many of our so-called celebrities these days give us Americans a bad example of what it's like to be an American. So yes I think it's refreshing for them to actually see what the average American lifestyle is like. Let them and the rest of the world know that we are just hard working people that only want the best for us and our families. Just like any other family in the world. I hope they go back with a better understanding of what America and the people are all about.
I agree, good post.
Another Concerned Citizen

Carlisle, MA

#4 Nov 3, 2009
Agreed, excellent post. It's refreshing to read something positive here.
Dr Mo

Effretikon, Switzerland

#7 Nov 4, 2009
local guy wrote:
{The students said they are here to brush up on their English skills because they don't speak it as often as other languages.]
great , this country needs more resourses taken from our kids , when they leave , can they take obamas welfare stealing aunt with them
How embarassing that you are "local" and can't even make a logical argument. You "one issue guys" are blindly obssessed and would turn a story about kittens into an anti-Obama, anti-black tirade. This kind of mental illness will die out soon enough; these marvelous young people engaging in respectful cultural exchange will outshine your generation and help to make America nad the world a better place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casablanca, Morocco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
muslim man seeking marriage (Dec '08) Jul '15 mohamed 177
What is happenings in Casablanca in the mosque Jul '15 eend 1
Jesus/Yeshua is the only way to eternal life an... Apr '15 Donna Lee 3
News Seoul cinema takes on Arab and Indian flavors (May '13) Mar '15 GRACE FROM COLUMB... 3
News Moroccoa s transgender dancer courts acceptance (Dec '14) Dec '14 sarahomo 1
News Is Morocco really ready for a mega mall? (Dec '11) May '14 mansg 9
News Case shows hurdles in fighting Morocco corruption (Mar '14) Mar '14 peter 1
More from around the web