Australia takes legal action over Japan's whaling - Summary

May 27, 2010 Full story: Earth Times

Australia plans take Japan to the International Court of Justice to try to stop the country from whaling in the Southern Ocean, Foreign Affairs Minister Stephen Smith said Friday.

Full Story
Margaret Pippy

Calgary, Canada

#1 Jun 10, 2010
We have been given the greatest gift of the world and all its beauty. However, Man in his destructive ways has decided that he has the right to cut down, burn, pollute and kill all and any animal, mammal and bird - no matter what the consequences. As humans, we will be judged on our advocacy, kindness, compassion and stewartship to each other, wildlife and nature. So far we have failed miserably: in allowing these so-called humans to destroy the earth and only making half-hearted attempts to stop them. Asian countries in particular do not seem to have ANY feelings about animals. They skin animals alive just to name one atroscity. They say the meat is more tender. I cry when I think of the unimaginable pain that those lovely creatures go through. Whales are the most gentle creatures who do no harm to anything but man feels that it is necessary to have whale meat at whatever cost. Where are all the opposers who should be marching into the uncivilized/civilized countries in order to be heard? Where are all the silent and cowardly voices? Everything was placed here for a reason. Once the whales are gone, what will follow. We can stop this but only if people bad together and speak up. This is a pivotal point in history - do not let it go by without having your voice heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agadir, Morocco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lalla Meryem Cup (Mar '14) Mar '14 mrs chrey 1
Property: a Moroccan city's charms (Sep '13) Sep '13 miss mary 1
Saudi crown prince dies - report (Oct '11) Aug '13 Hans Dekker 2
massage agadir (Jul '12) Jul '13 Serias 2
Morocco house maid dies from burns (Mar '13) Mar '13 renate 1
Morocco Desert Tours (May '12) May '12 imodda 1
African Spirit (May '12) May '12 daza87 1

Agadir, Morocco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE