Demonstrations in Libya and Jordan put Tunisian model to the test

There are 2 comments on the Deutsche Welle story from Jan 17, 2011, titled Demonstrations in Libya and Jordan put Tunisian model to the test. In it, Deutsche Welle reports that:

The protests in Libya against corruption throw up the question whether the Tunisian crisis heralds the beginning of the end for autocratic Arab leaders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deutsche Welle.

Expat Libyan

Lima, Peru

#1 Jan 17, 2011
Well maybe now the Libyan people will stand up. I spent a lot of time there over the years and I will tell you some of the folks are very poor, but also proud. Now they need to take back their country.
Texan Oilfield Trash

Monahans, TX

#2 Jan 30, 2011
Went to Libya first in 1974. In and out since then. I have been looking for a change for years. Could be a wonderful country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Jabal Al Akhdar, Libya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Libya: Helping People Resume Normal Life (Jul '13) Jul '13 Vie 1
News Libya's former rebels demand 40 percent of seat... (Dec '11) Mar '12 DENG 4
News Gaddafi Vows to Hold On to Power, 'Die like Mar... (Feb '11) May '11 temeca 2
News Israel on high alert for Iranian warships' Suez... (Feb '11) Mar '11 Interesting 5
News Future unclear if Gadhafi leaves | The Columbus... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Ramafuchs 2
News Deadly clashes on Libya's day of protest (Feb '11) Feb '11 Blackout-proof pr... 1
News Libya protests leave 46 dead: Amnesty Internati... (Feb '11) Feb '11 sad goings on eve... 1
More from around the web