Allied airstrikes helping rebels make gains in Libyan ground fight

Full story: TwinCities.com

Moammar Gadhafi's forces retreated from the strategic city of Ajdabiya on Saturday, running for dozens of miles back along the coast in the first significant advance for Libyan rebels since U.S. and European airstrikes began a week ago.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Mar 27, 2011
Thomas

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

Yeah Obama is supporting Al Quaida. The rebel leader has already stated that there are some Al Quaida in the ranks.

Way to go Obama.

“and boom goes the dynamite ”

Since: Mar 11

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

I like the picture. Those guys definitely look capable of building a peaceful, democratic society in Libya.

After all, their leader al-Hasidi has been free from U.S custody for over two years. I'm sure he's learned his lesson.

And his troops are battle hardened after years of fighting American soldiers in Iraq. They even have a large Al Qaeda element to assist. And with U.S planes providing air support for them, I bet they will win.

I mean... seriously. I knew we abandoned the War on Terror once Obama was elected.

I just didn't know that we had switched sides.
Jill

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

This makes me happy. Still, I'm waiting for President Bachmann in 2012.

“Keeping the Hive Alive!”

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

Obama consults the Arab League but he doesn't consult the United States Congress. That is an impeachable offense. Where is the outrage?
ballsacky

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

conserve your ammo dude. your gonna need it...................
Remington

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

Why America is even involved in Libyas civil war is beyond any commons sense or logical comprehension. Just watching those idiot rebels makes me want to avoid paying any taxes at all. They're short on ammo and arms so what do those dim witted idiots do, shoot their guns in the air wasting ammo knowing full well America is even more dim witted than they are and we'll supply them all the ammo they need to waste by shooting into the air at nothing or maybe a tin can on the ground, what a joke. I am coming to realize America is more the idiots than they are. Wow! What a low blow America, knowing full well we are even dumber than a bunch of haphazard ragtag team of mutton heads.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ajdabiya, Libya Discussions

Search the Ajdabiya, Libya Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NATO strikes Libyan capital after Gadhafi appears (May '11) Jul '11 johnwarner75 4
Libyan rebels caught in an uneasy lull (May '11) May '11 Huh 6
Libyan rebel guitarist rocks the front line (Apr '11) Apr '11 scout 2
4/2/2011 - Deadly Afghan protest...Gadhafi poun... (Apr '11) Apr '11 BAR BAHAR DJAU 2
More disciplined Libyan opposition force emerging (Apr '11) Apr '11 Bird 1
UN: High radiation outside Japan's exclusion zone (Mar '11) Mar '11 Bird 1
10 dead as Libyan rebels repulse deadly Gadhafi... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Dr Lecter 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••