pissed

United States

#1 Mar 19, 2012
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. We bought a van from there and within a week we had it in the shop for a repair and now we have to put a new transmission in it and we haven't even had it a month! We were told it had nothing wrong with it. When we told them the trouble we were having they just blew us off. Next time ill buy new. Lesson learned I guess
The jist of it

United States

#2 Mar 19, 2012
hahaha thats any used carlot, i knew not to buy from used carlots at 17, i cant believe people still do. When i ride by ''Joe's used car lot's'' i just look at them and laugh. My friends dad knew an owner of one and said he would stuff banana peel's in the steering column or something like that, as to give them a temporary cheap alignment, lololol. Burn in hell you dishonest bastards.
carla h

Louisville, KY

#3 Mar 20, 2014
needed a cheap reliable used car to get my son back and forth to work and school bought a 96 honda civic with 144,000 miles knock on wood it's been 8 months with no problems whatsoever took an excellent mechanic with me to check car out first this is the key to a used car purchase
toots

Louisville, KY

#4 Mar 20, 2014
carla h wrote:
needed a cheap reliable used car to get my son back and forth to work and school bought a 96 honda civic with 144,000 miles knock on wood it's been 8 months with no problems whatsoever took an excellent mechanic with me to check car out first this is the key to a used car purchase
Now just learn to use punctuation and you're all set!
DAWSON

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Mar 11, 2015
Bought a car for 1800 gave him 1500 NEXT DAY CAR WAS SMOKING STILL OWED HIM 600 HE SAID HE WOULD LOOK AT IT HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM SINCE HAVE NOT RETURNED ANY PHONE CALLS.V OICE MAIL IS FULL TOOK CAR AND PARKED IT ON THE LOT I GUESS I NEED A LAWYER. HAVE NOT GOT ANY TITLE OR ANYTHING ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS DO NOT BUY NOTHING BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES AL THE WAY AROUND
JoeSchmo

United States

#6 Mar 11, 2015
DAWSON wrote:
Bought a car for 1800 gave him 1500 NEXT DAY CAR WAS SMOKING STILL OWED HIM 600 HE SAID HE WOULD LOOK AT IT HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM SINCE HAVE NOT RETURNED ANY PHONE CALLS.V OICE MAIL IS FULL TOOK CAR AND PARKED IT ON THE LOT I GUESS I NEED A LAWYER. HAVE NOT GOT ANY TITLE OR ANYTHING ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS DO NOT BUY NOTHING BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES AL THE WAY AROUND
I'd find out where this owner lives and throw a brick through his car windshield. Then id piss in his gas tank.
MHD

Louisville, KY

#7 Sep 17, 2015
DAWSON wrote:
You do not get a title until the car is paid in full. Once you pay the balance, you will get a title. Does that make sense?
Spunky

Louisville, KY

#8 Sep 17, 2015
beware of Bishop Cars, they will call, call, & call, until you block, turn your ringer down, & promise promise, promise, & LIE about even having the car your interested in. I've been very sick on & off for the last few years, really sick, & now I'm ready to deal with those crazy people that should have a sign out that states: WE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE DOLLAR, BUT IT WON'T BE THE TRUTH!!! THEY HAVE LOTS OF HUNKS OF JUNK, BUT THEY WILL TELL YOU, "YES....WE HAVE THAT CAR, BUT THEY WON'T HAVE IT, & THE ONE THEY DO HAVE FOR YOU IS "JUNK"!!!!!!! SO BEWARE OF BISHOP MOTORS, NEED TO TAKE A LIE DETECTOR WITH YOU TO THEIR LOT.
Joe

Louisville, KY

#9 Aug 10, 2016
Don't even waste your time with this place. I've been to loads of used car lots in my time, but I have never been treated so poorly as I was at Manslick Motors. We test drove a car there, and ran it by a local auto parts store to have the codes read. While I was there, I also noticed suspension components literally hanging off the bottom of the car. When I showed the printed codes to the salesman and told him about the suspension, he tried to hit me and started yelling at me to get out. I warned a couple who had just pulled onto the lot about my experience on my way out. Guess they said something to him, because he started running toward our car, screaming and banging on our windows that he was gonna get us and that we had better keep our doors locked.

I called the police. You don't threaten people who are trying to buy something from you.

I should also note that there's hundreds of used car lots out there with an infinitely better selection of cars than this place, everything on the lot was grade A junk and not worth what was being asked for it.
TPS REPORTS

Toledo, OH

#10 Aug 10, 2016
The name alone, scares me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CARITAS to open recovery program for women 3 hr Lets_Improve_Safety 1
GOOOO Topix! 5 hr Anon 85
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 13 hr Doris Timpa Pazza 9,588
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 16 hr joe smith 2,990
wave 3 former derrick jones? (Aug '13) 16 hr just wondering 61
Nathan Niccum at Chrysler Lot Wed TonyBologna 7
anyone know anything bout c.t.s russell halfway... Wed JJ mcfly 2

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance