Citizens in Shelbyville propose ordinance to ban gay discrimination

Nov 15, 2012 Full story: WHAS11

Some residents asked the city council on Thursday night to adopt a law that would prohibit job and housing discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

Full Story

“No Quarter!”

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Shelbyville, Ky.

#1 Nov 21, 2012
The fact that such an ordinance even needs to exist is a sad testiment to our loveless, close minded society.

I mean, what century is it anyway?
spartan

Louisville, KY

#2 Nov 21, 2012
Angel Diva wrote:
The fact that such an ordinance even needs to exist is a sad testiment to our loveless, close minded society.
I mean, what century is it anyway?
Explain something to me if you will girlfriend.How does timing change what's wrong,,,and make it not wrong anymore.Bottom line,I don't believe people should discriminate against any of their fellow man for any reason.However,I don't believe people should ever accept what is wrong as being right,,,simply because enough time has elapsed around it.

“No Quarter!”

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Shelbyville, Ky.

#3 Nov 21, 2012
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Explain something to me if you will girlfriend.How does timing change what's wrong,,,and make it not wrong anymore.Bottom line,I don't believe people should discriminate against any of their fellow man for any reason.However,I don't believe people should ever accept what is wrong as being right,,,simply because enough time has elapsed around it.
You may have misunderstood my point. My point is, what type of barbaric society do we live in that such steps are nesecery to protect the needs of a certain group. I agree, with the way things are, such an ordinance IS nesecery. My question is, WHY? Why are people so hateful, so discriminatory towards each other? What's the point? And why are so many that don't discriminate themselves, still able to look on and say, well, that's just the way it is? Really?
Our society is SO ridiculous. The nesecity for this ordinance is proof of that.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#5 Nov 21, 2012
Angel Diva wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have misunderstood my point. My point is, what type of barbaric society do we live in that such steps are nesecery to protect the needs of a certain group. I agree, with the way things are, such an ordinance IS nesecery. My question is, WHY? Why are people so hateful, so discriminatory towards each other? What's the point? And why are so many that don't discriminate themselves, still able to look on and say, well, that's just the way it is? Really?
Our society is SO ridiculous. The nesecity for this ordinance is proof of that.
Maybe I did misunderstand your point.Sorry about that.Either way,I appreciate and admire the way you presented your explanation.A very civilized response that was on point and not clouded with defensive emotion.That's exactly what people will respond positively to,,,whether they agree with you or not.A personality that's taylor made for the forum if you will.Back to the point though,I agree with you that discrimination is sad.However,if you'll read through some of these threads,you'll see that several people have a different mentality than you do.And some even mistake another's dislike for it as discrimination.And that's why ordinances were necessary since day one,are necessary in the present,and will be necessary til death do us part.Because there's no way around it,the majority of people on the planet are spiteful,hateful,and mean.And the only way that differences will be co-existed with peacefully on the planet,,,is if human behavior is legislated by Government.When a somewhat righteous person witnesses a another person doing something that he believes is wrong or unholy though,,,I don't consider it to be discrimination if he simply doesn't approve.Thanks for the reply kiddo.You gave me something to think about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
murderer Josh Young 13 hr Disgusted 2
Is the LMPD, Good or Bad ? (Jan '13) 20 hr chucky 68
Review: Speedi Hot Lunch Service LLC 21 hr Perry Winkle 1
dawn gee (Jan '13) 21 hr abelld 12
Mcconnell or grimes 21 hr Tony 33
is Ali a muslim? (Jan '14) 23 hr Roofus 14
Right-to-work: The right message for Kentucky's... 23 hr Ace McMollan 6
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]