Presbyterians clear way for ordaining gays, lesbians

May 14, 2011 Full story: WisInfo 151

FRANKLIN, Ky. - Non-celibate gays and lesbians will become eligible for ordination in the Presbyterian Church following ratification of a constitutional amendment that reverses decades of official policy.

Full Story
Aida Lott

Jersey City, NJ

#102 Jun 29, 2011
scout wrote:
<quoted text>
you're SO ignorant.
helloooooooooooooooo.....?

Don't you even know your own mythology?

“Have no fear PappaSmurf's here”

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Louisville, KY, USA, Earth

#103 Jun 29, 2011
Aida Lott wrote:
<quoted text>helloooooooooooooooo.. ...?

Don't you even know your own mythology?
I have noticed a lot of people on Topix have no problem ignoring facts and will never let truth get in their way. They hide behind anonymity.
scout

San Francisco, CA

#104 Jun 29, 2011
Aida, are you talkin about your secular Satanistic reality?
Aida Lott

Jersey City, NJ

#105 Jun 29, 2011
scout wrote:
Aida, are you talkin about your secular Satanistic reality?
OH, puh-leez, Miss Thing. Get a grip.

I was talking about YOU. YOU called someone "ignorant" who corrected your stupid post, and I asked if you were familiar with your own mythology. How you can twist that around to be about my "secualr Satanistic (hahahahah) reality" is beyond desperate.
scout

San Francisco, CA

#106 Jun 29, 2011
Aida Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
OH, puh-leez, Miss Thing. Get a grip.
I was talking about YOU. YOU called someone "ignorant" who corrected your stupid post, and I asked if you were familiar with your own mythology. How you can twist that around to be about my "secualr Satanistic (hahahahah) reality" is beyond desperate.
Oh, you're confused. The reality of Christ does not contain your Satanic mythological label, as you will soon discover. You certainly agree that your religion of secularism is the path, but that path is one of death and destruction.
Aida Lott

Jersey City, NJ

#107 Jun 29, 2011
scout wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you're confused. The reality of Christ does not contain your Satanic mythological label, as you will soon discover. You certainly agree that your religion of secularism is the path, but that path is one of death and destruction.
hahahahahahah

Reallity?

Let me know when you decide to come back to it.

"... as I will soon discover...????"
Really? How?
John

Louisville, KY

#108 Jun 29, 2011
Scarecrow wrote:
Why do homosexuals always want to infiltrate Christian institutions ??? They want to be married to each other. Do they think we are going to love and respect them ???
Do you consider wearing your mother's panties gay?........I do, you sorry azz flamer!!

“Have no fear PappaSmurf's here”

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Louisville, KY, USA, Earth

#109 Jun 29, 2011
Aida Lott wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahahahah

Reallity?

Let me know when you decide to come back to it.

"... as I will soon discover...????"
Really? How?
Isn't it funny Aida Lott, it seems like Scout forgot about me 'cause he or she thinks you are the debil (as The Waterboy's momma calls it).

And before I get blasted for being insensitive I said he or she as in I don't know what Scout is and that has nothing to do with anything. People seem to jump on the littlest thing....
Aida Lott

Jersey City, NJ

#110 Jun 29, 2011
PappaSmurf wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny Aida Lott, it seems like Scout forgot about me 'cause he or she thinks you are the debil (as The Waterboy's momma calls it).
And before I get blasted for being insensitive I said he or she as in I don't know what Scout is and that has nothing to do with anything. People seem to jump on the littlest thing....
lol...... it's ok.... I can take it. I find all their "debil" talk quite amusing.
not understanding

Goodlettsville, TN

#111 Jun 30, 2011
adam was created first eve second.... woman was created from the man for the man...God took a rib from man... and for the comment pastors do it all the time.ITS not right at all for a pastor to be gay and preach the gospel if there its kinda like a oxy moron type of thing...dont u think?

“Have no fear PappaSmurf's here”

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Louisville, KY, USA, Earth

#112 Jun 30, 2011
not understanding wrote:
adam was created first eve second.... woman was created from the man for the man...God took a rib from man... and for the comment pastors do it all the time.ITS not right at all for a pastor to be gay and preach the gospel if there its kinda like a oxy moron type of thing...dont u think?
Ok first, Eve was not created second. She was created third.

Second, what does that have to do with a pastor being gay or not?
not understanding

Goodlettsville, TN

#113 Jun 30, 2011
i was commenting on a post... and how u get third man then woman? and if say the heavens and earth first im meaning humankind

“Have no fear PappaSmurf's here”

Level 1

Since: Jun 11

Louisville, KY, USA, Earth

#114 Jun 30, 2011
not understanding wrote:
i was commenting on a post... and how u get third man then woman? and if say the heavens and earth first im meaning humankind
Me too, Adam, Lilith, Eve. Third.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Level 2

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#115 Jun 30, 2011
not understanding wrote:
adam was created first eve second.... woman was created from the man for the man...God took a rib from man... and for the comment pastors do it all the time.ITS not right at all for a pastor to be gay and preach the gospel if there its kinda like a oxy moron type of thing...dont u think?
But everyone is a sinner, according to Christianity.

“Valley Of Death”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

The Kingdom of GOD Is At Hand

#116 Jun 30, 2011
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
But everyone is a sinner, according to Christianity.
Yes they are. But we don't live in perpetual sin. Once we are born again we are a new being in Christ and the temple of the Holy Spirit. The sin of the body is then the greatest. We can NOT continue to live in that sort of sin if we are One with Christ. It is impossible.

JDW21

“Alley Cat Blues”

Level 2

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#117 Jun 30, 2011
Judgment Day Watchman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are. But we don't live in perpetual sin. Once we are born again we are a new being in Christ and the temple of the Holy Spirit. The sin of the body is then the greatest. We can NOT continue to live in that sort of sin if we are One with Christ. It is impossible.
JDW21
How do you feel about divorced, remarried people who attend church. Aren't they living in perpetual sin, according to Jesus Christ?
Aida Lott

Jersey City, NJ

#118 Jun 30, 2011
Judgment Day Watchman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are. But we don't live in perpetual sin. Once we are born again we are a new being in Christ and the temple of the Holy Spirit. The sin of the body is then the greatest. We can NOT continue to live in that sort of sin if we are One with Christ. It is impossible.
JDW21
Is that right? Fascinating delusion..........

“Valley Of Death”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

The Kingdom of GOD Is At Hand

#119 Jun 30, 2011
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you feel about divorced, remarried people who attend church. Aren't they living in perpetual sin, according to Jesus Christ?
Doesn't matter how I feel. Only what God says in His Word, and even more important, what Jesus repeated.

If one divorces and remarries, it is adultery. The only exception given in the Bible is if ones spouse dies or fornication is an exclusion. Jesus even forbid divorce itself. So yes, that would be living in perpetual sin. I will tell you that as The Church has thrown out much of the Bible to accommodate sin, they have this also. So anyone that is condemning homosexuality as living in sin, and is divorced and remarried is a hypocrite.

There is a catch here though. We are not talking of homosexuality or gay marriage. We are talking about gay clergy. Celibacy means refraining from any sort of sexual activity, or even desire. That includes porn and such, not simply physical acts. Clergy is to be set aside from the congregation. They are to be as close to purity and sinlessness as mortal carnal man can come. That is why Paul says it is better to marry than to burn. Little play on words there.

JDW21
Aida Lott

Jersey City, NJ

#120 Jun 30, 2011
Judgment Day Watchman wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter how I feel. Only what God says in His Word, and even more important, what Jesus repeated.
If one divorces and remarries, it is adultery. The only exception given in the Bible is if ones spouse dies or fornication is an exclusion. Jesus even forbid divorce itself. So yes, that would be living in perpetual sin. I will tell you that as The Church has thrown out much of the Bible to accommodate sin, they have this also. So anyone that is condemning homosexuality as living in sin, and is divorced and remarried is a hypocrite.
There is a catch here though. We are not talking of homosexuality or gay marriage. We are talking about gay clergy. Celibacy means refraining from any sort of sexual activity, or even desire. That includes porn and such, not simply physical acts. Clergy is to be set aside from the congregation. They are to be as close to purity and sinlessness as mortal carnal man can come. That is why Paul says it is better to marry than to burn. Little play on words there.
JDW21
Oh puh-leez. How does one "refrain from desire?"

“Valley Of Death”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

The Kingdom of GOD Is At Hand

#121 Jun 30, 2011
Aida Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. How does one "refrain from desire?"
The ways of this world are NOT the ways of God. When we are born again, we are born of the Spirit, not of carnal man. It can't be explained anymore than the mind or make-up of God can be explained. But had you known my life before and after the SPirit came upon me, it would be difficult for you not to see. And it had nothing to do with any ritual of The Church or of me. There is nothing we can do to earn salvation. It is a gift of God that we might be saved.

JDW21

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cts russell halfway house barbara strahm on com... (May '11) 36 min former resident 119
Man charged after allegedly exposing himself to... (Jan '11) 3 hr dummies 32
Gotti, Massimo Carlucci is Josh Cowels DEAD RAT 5 hr IKAPROUD 4
anyone know how to contact the ky state militia? (Feb '13) 8 hr concerned citizen 52
Add a Word. Drop a Word........... (Sep '10) 14 hr Jarred 1,568
Why is Kentucky stuck in the nineteenth century? (Mar '12) 16 hr Jarred 97
Review: Randstad 23 hr Jarred 3
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots