LMPD shooting takes young life

Full story: WHAS11

Around 8 o'clock this evening the WHAS11 newsroom learned that there was an officer involved shooting that claimed the life of a juvenile.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
skipper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 30, 2007
 
a burglary suspect who runs and points a weapon at the police deserves to be shot

no matter what his/her age.
Boogert

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 1, 2007
 
"L-M-P-D says he does have a lengthy criminal background."

It is difficult for me to feel badly regarding this tragedy. An up and coming criminal has experienced an early termination of his chosen career. Oh I'm confident of the outrage that this situation will generate, but I'm still grateful to the officers and pleased that neither suffered injuries. The anguish and emotional trauma the officer is sure to experience is regretful, but it should be noted that his responsibilities to the community were met. A dangerous criminal is neither dangerous nor a criminal any longer. The perpetrator is now "smarter" than he has been in awhile, but it is a shame that neither he nor anyone caring for him acted intelligently prior to this outcome. Now let's chime in with all the sentiment and bleeding heart driven passion that I know to be inevitable.
NeverForgotten

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 19, 2009
 
Learn the facts before you start ramblin this bullshit. Let me enlighten you, the "gun" that he supposedly had was a cell phone. Police spent 3 days in the woods where he was murdered looking for a weapon and one was never discovered. They searched the entire neighborhood and never found a weapon. Like I said, the facts change the story.

“ASPIE? yea thats me!”

Level 1

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 19, 2009
 
NeverForgotten wrote:
Learn the facts before you start ramblin this bullshit. Let me enlighten you, the "gun" that he supposedly had was a cell phone. Police spent 3 days in the woods where he was murdered looking for a weapon and one was never discovered. They searched the entire neighborhood and never found a weapon. Like I said, the facts change the story.
Yea I call bullshit... some hoodlum friend probably picked up the weapon. Crime = death in Louisville.. get a freaking job and stop robbing people is what I say

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 20, 2009
 
Act like a hoodlum get treated like a hoodlum.

“IRISH HELLION”

Since: Dec 08

NIRVANA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 20, 2009
 
Anytime you break in someones house, that is the risk you take. A homeowner can shoot a burglar too. I suspect he will get little sympathy from hard working people, few things in life worse than a thief. It isnt at all suprising that the police chased a burglar in the dark and saw something in his hand and shot him, they arent going to wait around and get shot to clarify it.
NeverForgotten

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 20, 2009
 
If you read the other post regarding this, you will learn that he wasn't breaking into a house nor burgarlizing it. It was a friend's grandmothers house. I can guarantee that none of you know half of what you claim to know regarding what happened. People log onto the internet, create a fake name that noone will recognize them by so they can talk all the shit they want to make them feel better about themselves and make others think highly of them when you are nothing but a coward.
RIP Little Brother!

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 20, 2009
 
NeverForgotten wrote:
If you read the other post regarding this, you will learn that he wasn't breaking into a house nor burgarlizing it. It was a friend's grandmothers house. I can guarantee that none of you know half of what you claim to know regarding what happened. People log onto the internet, create a fake name that noone will recognize them by so they can talk all the shit they want to make them feel better about themselves and make others think highly of them when you are nothing but a coward.
RIP Little Brother!
Are you calling yourself a coward cause you're doing the same thing you're accusing everyone else of.

“IRISH HELLION”

Since: Dec 08

NIRVANA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 20, 2009
 
NeverForgotten wrote:
If you read the other post regarding this, you will learn that he wasn't breaking into a house nor burgarlizing it. It was a friend's grandmothers house. I can guarantee that none of you know half of what you claim to know regarding what happened. People log onto the internet, create a fake name that noone will recognize them by so they can talk all the shit they want to make them feel better about themselves and make others think highly of them when you are nothing but a coward.
RIP Little Brother!
I dont see a post saying it was his friends grandmothers house. I dont have a fake name, i am a trauma r.n. but i can give you my name if that will make it all better, im not talking shit , it is true that if a person breaks into a house , that is a risk that they take, doesnt mean that i persoanlyy know he was innocent or guilty. I hardly think posting our opinions about about a posted story on a board designed to do just that makes any of us feel better about ourselves or to entice others to do so and im hardly a coward. If what you say is the truth then it is unfortunate but i dont recall seeing a article clearing his name so maybe you should find that article and post it for us all .
NeverForgotten

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 20, 2009
 
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fern-creek-ky...
Post #7 it is stated.
Now of course they are not going to go back to the media because why would they admit they are wrong? If they did that would be the right thing to do, but 80% of cops are crooked and think they can get away with anything because of a badge, and most of the time they do because they are government, who is going to stand up to them? Its not right and will never be fair.
RIP Little Brother!
NeverForgotten

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 20, 2009
 
triple6vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling yourself a coward cause you're doing the same thing you're accusing everyone else of.
I am not talking shit about a 16 yr old murdered. I am defending my best friends honor trying to get other people to understand that just because you heard something on the news doesnt make it true, just because it came from a police officers mouth doesnt make it true.
No one will ever know the truth 100% because the only person that does was wrongfully murdered that night.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 20, 2009
 
Yeah,so the cop just pulled up an shot the kid for no reason whatsoever....gimme a break !!
Never Forgotten

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 20, 2009
 
He shot him multiple times because he was running.
RIP Little Brother

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 20, 2009
 
I wanna know one thing..

Were you there ?

“ASPIE? yea thats me!”

Level 1

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 20, 2009
 
Never Forgotten wrote:
He shot him multiple times because he was running.
RIP Little Brother
sooooo dumb ass shouldn't have run... or should have run faster
Evan Harlow

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 3, 2013
 
Evan Harlow

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 3, 2013
 
by Thomas Hodgkins. Thomas Hodgkins killed Evan Harlow, the Straight A student. "Why was he killed? asked Michelle. "Why did they not shoot him in the leg? Why did they not use their little stun guns or whatever and try to save somebody's life instead of killing somebody? Seems like they are quick to shoot and then ask the questions." Evan Harlow's birthday is April 26th
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 23, 2013
 
http://www.wave3.com/story/20661783/police-ma... He got shot just for having a cell phone? That's f-d up.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 23, 2013
 
Who'd they kill ?
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 11, 2013
 
Wow... the way you anonymous Klaners attack a dead child is disgraceful. You make America look like an absolute embarrassment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mayor announces plan to transform west Louisvil... 2 hr LouisvilleKYreport 9
What is with stupid BLACK people (Sep '13) 5 hr curious 77
Theme park: breast feeding is up to women 5 hr curious 3
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr Prince Spacemonkey 26,175
Debate: Gay Marriage - Louisville, KY (Jul '10) 16 hr LouisvilleKYreport 279
mike bartley 22 hr sailaway 1
do you know jessica blair (Dec '09) Sat da guy 6
•••
•••
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••