door to door meat sales
vinnie

Dayton, OH

#48 Apr 13, 2014
lol wrote:
What kind of moron would buy meat from a freezer in the back of someones pick up truck anyways??? Lmao! I laugh at these losers all the time.
. Been selling meat for 20 years like that. Make good money doing it and I never let people like you shit in my wallet. Lol bet I sold ur wife lmao
No more for me

Indianapolis, IN

#49 Apr 22, 2014
I have no idea what got into me, but I bought a few boxes of meat from a steak guy outside J-Mall. Looked good when he was showing the boxes. It wasn't. All the meat was thin, and cooked up yellowy/muddy looking. Made the meat barely edible by cutting it in strips and using tons of Mexican seasonings to make fajitas over and over again. Put the pork chops in crock pot with tons of carrots and onion to cover it up. I would never buy meat from a truck like that again. Total waste of about $125.
Funny guy

Fort Myers, FL

#51 Oct 5, 2014
Scarecrow wrote:
This moron posted the same thread on the Sheperdsville topix. I notice all the threads are time stamped about 3 hours ago. He must be trying to sell his crappy meat. I bought a box of the stuff from a pretty girl that came to my door a couple of years ago.
I paid about $125 for it and it was so bad the dogs got most of it.
Do a search on" ......how to cook a frozen steak"..... The answer might surprise you....
Funny guy

Fort Myers, FL

#52 Oct 5, 2014
No more for me wrote:
I have no idea what got into me, but I bought a few boxes of meat from a steak guy outside J-Mall. Looked good when he was showing the boxes. It wasn't. All the meat was thin, and cooked up yellowy/muddy looking. Made the meat barely edible by cutting it in strips and using tons of Mexican seasonings to make fajitas over and over again. Put the pork chops in crock pot with tons of carrots and onion to cover it up. I would never buy meat from a truck like that again. Total waste of about $125.
do a search......" How to cook a frozen steak"....... It may surprise you!
Funny guy

Fort Myers, FL

#53 Oct 5, 2014
lol wrote:
What kind of moron would buy meat from a freezer in the back of someones pick up truck anyways??? Lmao! I laugh at these losers all the time.
Not everyone can afford it
ginny_w

Mesa, AZ

#54 Oct 11, 2014
We were victims of the same door to door meat scam in Yuma AZ. They call themselves Ranch and Sea Delivery ( ranchandseadelivery.com ). You describe to a tee their high pressure tactics and crappy quality meat..
A Professional

Louisville, KY

#55 Oct 13, 2014
ginny_w wrote:
We were victims of the same door to door meat scam in Yuma AZ. They call themselves Ranch and Sea Delivery ( ranchandseadelivery.com ). You describe to a tee their high pressure tactics and crappy quality meat..
I can't believe this thread is still going.:-)
The main reason door to door meat sales work is because they are providing a service.
The quality has to be there or you will fail.
If you want to be successful never work for anyone because you are giving away your hard earned money. If they can employ you, give you a truck, and still make money then why not just do it yourself and keep all the money?
If you are unethical and sell garbage you will ruin your reputation.
If you sell quality items you can build a vast clientele and have a nice profit.
The downside is most meat sales people pay little or nothing in Federal or State taxes.
When you retire enjoy your $800 monthly SSI check.
Most don't have health insurance unless they are lucky enough to have a spouse who has an employer that will cover your family.
Funny guy

Fort Myers, FL

#56 Nov 1, 2014
The Beef People wrote:
The grocery store has meat. I just go get it myself. Cuts out the middle man. Hell with a smelly deep freeze plugged into a cigarette lighter in the back of a truck that also hauls cow manure. I wish they would leave me alone hustling at gas stations. I just wanna pump my gas bud, don't wanna buy your salmonella steaks.
Not everyone can afford it.Never judge a book by its cover though.Some people ..... Lol

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#57 Nov 2, 2014
Here in FL we have people selling some great seafood, out of pickup trucks and with signs...along the side of the roads.....
STFU

Mount Washington, KY

#58 Nov 2, 2014
A Professional wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unethical because most jobbers selling meat out of a truck are ripping people off.
When they prey on those less fortunate it's stealing from those that have the least to lose.
Also, they are usually paying an inflated price for meat that can be bought at any grocery store for less. Lastly, I believe it's unethical to make the American taxpayer pay these sham prices. Food stamps are provided for by the government and since I am a taxpayer I am offended.
Unethical because they are less fortunate....oh bull shit! You don't give a crap about anyone on food stamps...you're probably just mad that they are buying steaks and chops with their stamps while you're stuck with Ramen and Pork n Beans and Weenies.

If you're going to take a stand, do so, but at least be honest about it. You don't want to sell to food stamp recipients because you think it's unfair to you.

I find it laughable that a prick that hustles rank meat out of a dusty pickup can lift their head high enough to look down at anyone else.
William Hill

Louisville, KY

#59 Nov 5, 2014
vinnie wrote:
<quoted text>. Been selling meat for 20 years like that. Make good money doing it and I never let people like you shit in my wallet. Lol bet I sold ur wife lmao
Chances are you have wasted your life, possibly torn up your knees, have not paid any or very little in taxes, don't have health insurance unless you have a partner that is paying it, and if you became disabled tomorrow you would get $800 every month for the rest of your life. Once you do the math on your expenses,(your vehicle insurance + cost to operate it), state and local licenses that I bet you don't have, health department inspections, then let's not forget your time it takes to get to and from your route and the gas involved along with the depreciation of your truck.
My advise to you is go get a real job, get benefits like health insurance, pay into SSI so you have something when you retire.
Right now you are living short term, day to day. You need to look at the big picture.
A Professional

Louisville, KY

#60 Nov 5, 2014
STFU wrote:
<quoted text>
Unethical because they are less fortunate....oh bull shit! You don't give a crap about anyone on food stamps...you're probably just mad that they are buying steaks and chops with their stamps while you're stuck with Ramen and Pork n Beans and Weenies.
If you're going to take a stand, do so, but at least be honest about it. You don't want to sell to food stamp recipients because you think it's unfair to you.
I find it laughable that a prick that hustles rank meat out of a dusty pickup can lift their head high enough to look down at anyone else.
You may have missed my point. Most meat hustlers are getting over a 150% return on their investment. I find it to be unethical to take advantage of those that can least afford it. If you don't have any issues than by all means carry on. There is not one single item on your truck that can not be bought for less at Sam's Club, GFS, or Costco. Any of your customers who are Sam's Club members will run you off as the thief that you are once they realize that! Sam's doesn't offer that cheap grade of meat you are peddling so any comparisons have to be on an apples to apples basis.
da meat man

Elizabethtown, KY

#62 Nov 30, 2014
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>Beware people! This guy is a complete scammer!
well I sold meat for years I trained new guys all over its a legit gig perfectly legal now if a crook lands the job that's him not the game you BIG ASS HATER!!!!!!!!!
Honest Abe

Louisville, KY

#64 Dec 15, 2014
A Professional wrote:
<quoted text>
If you call getting a case of meat in Cincinnati for $75 and selling it for $375 a liget business then OK. Can you honestly say anything you sold cost less than what anyone could get it for at almost any grocery store? The main reason the meat game is a racket is because most meat sellers sell a lower grade piece of meat. Most of the meat sold is commercial grade and is tenderized. It has to be to make it edible. You can find this quality at any Save A Lot. Kroger, Meijer's, Sam's Club, Costco, they all sell USDA choice and prime grade meat.
The other way meat sales people screw you is on the price per pound. You misrepresent a 6 oz Rib Eye for 7-8 oz to your customers and they divide in their head. 16 x 8oz = 8 lbs when in reality you sell 5 or 6 lb boxes. It's illegal to sell meat without a USDA sticker on the box and a weight. Check the weight and do the math.
Times have changed and meat has gone through the roof. Hamburger that 10 years ago sold for $12 for 10 lbs. now cost $25 wholesale.
The only thing that has stayed pretty level is chicken. So unless you are running a meat route and selling chicken you have to be screwing your customers are getting a lot of money out of them. Bottom-line is if it's a low price it's either stolen or inedible.
Agreed!
Angel

Chester, MD

#65 Dec 22, 2014
Hello,I am a 4 year vet meat man currently in the Baltimore maryland area , have worked for two diff meat companies. I was trained by the number 1&2 of one the biggest door to door meat companies in the nation , broke almost all the records for first company becoming number 6 nationwide and destroyed all at second company out of pa. Became a protrainer in first year , then opened office for second company. Taught to hit the suburb and country. Good for 60-100 boxes a day atleast three times week while solo or training still hold record only meat man to drop 3 pallets first year in to individual residential homeowners ,best day 513 boxes with turn in sheet, build value , create urgency, and close and on to help the next customer. Am looking to travel to area not beat up ,local area now saturated with meat companies, willing toto train heavy hitters please reply here to get email and/or phone number truly looking for a company in a good area , that doesn't change the case price every week
A Professional

Louisville, KY

#66 Dec 23, 2014
Angel wrote:
Hello,I am a 4 year vet meat man currently in the Baltimore maryland area , have worked for two diff meat companies. I was trained by the number 1&2 of one the biggest door to door meat companies in the nation , broke almost all the records for first company becoming number 6 nationwide and destroyed all at second company out of pa. Became a protrainer in first year , then opened office for second company. Taught to hit the suburb and country. Good for 60-100 boxes a day atleast three times week while solo or training still hold record only meat man to drop 3 pallets first year in to individual residential homeowners ,best day 513 boxes with turn in sheet, build value , create urgency, and close and on to help the next customer. Am looking to travel to area not beat up ,local area now saturated with meat companies, willing toto train heavy hitters please reply here to get email and/or phone number truly looking for a company in a good area , that doesn't change the case price every week
If you are selling cases chances are you are ripping people off.
Beware of anyone selling retail cases of meat. Generally they are of poor quality and you get items in the case you don't want. Most have a 200%- 300% mark up. Go to any grocery store and buy choice meat. Don't get ripped off. This includes Schwan's with their high prices on everything other than pizza and that's because their parent company is Tombstone or some other nationally recognized pizza vender.
A Teacher

Louisville, KY

#68 Dec 24, 2014
A Professional wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are selling cases chances are you are ripping people off.
Beware of anyone selling retail cases of meat. Generally they are of poor quality and you get items in the case you don't want. Most have a 200%- 300% mark up. Go to any grocery store and buy choice meat. Don't get ripped off. This includes Schwan's with their high prices on everything other than pizza and that's because their parent company is Tombstone or some other nationally recognized pizza vender.
Sorry Schwan's is privately owned. They had a relationship with Red Barron years ago. Their pizza prices can be beat at most any grocery store. Digiorno pizza is as good as anything Schwan's sells. Jack's Pizza used to be a great "cheap" pizza.
The bottom-line is there is nothing that can not be purchased at any store that has as good or better quality for a lesser amount. Anyone who buys from a jobber/meat salesperson does so for the convenience.

Level 7

Location hidden

#69 Dec 24, 2014
Home Run is by far, the best frozen pizza i have ever had......
joeschmo

United States

#70 Dec 24, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Home Run is by far, the best frozen pizza i have ever had......
Post is about meat sales out of trucks, not best pizza in town. Stay on track dummy. Anyone on here supporting this truck meat crap is a shill. This kind of business is a complete joke seriously. Anyone who buys it is a degenerate worthless coward. There's a place on outer loop right before 3rd street and everyone that works there is a drug addict. Once they sell about two boxes, they're calling their drug dealer right away. I've seen it happen. Don't buy from these scumbags. They're lying to you so they can get a fix. This job ranks up there in the same category as prostitution.

Level 7

Location hidden

#71 Dec 25, 2014
joeschmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Post is about meat sales out of trucks, not best pizza in town. Stay on track dummy......
...GFY......Fun to be brave from your anonymous keyboard, eh?....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Finally!! 4 hr holly 11
Perry Shananaquet (Dec '10) 7 hr Faye 3
how to get out of paying child support 14 hr Fred 2
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 22 hr Alfred 4,125
Jack Harlow 23 hr MarkVest_ 1
Glenview Park Subdivision (Apr '12) Wed William 47
News Louisville off-duty officers told to disarm or ... (Dec '15) Wed Steven Deaks 45

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages