door to door meat sales
Sam I Am

Brockwell, AR

#23 Nov 15, 2013
I didn't know you could sell you're meat door to door.
LYDIA DIEGO

Mount Vernon, IN

#24 Nov 28, 2013
Mr.Professioal, my husband and I bought meat fromthis guy out of the back of his ruck tell you the truth when I first met him the hairs on the back of my neck would stand straight and i also had a bad feeling about him and I have 4 dogs they idnt like.Any way my husband paid by check every time and it has alot of info on itsome how he found out his ss# and was trying to get credit cards in my husbanda name Thank God we found out...I really would like to learn more about your product could you give me a web adress or contact info...Thank you,Lydia
15 years in business

United States

#25 Feb 9, 2014
A Professional wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unethical because most jobbers selling meat out of a truck are ripping people off.
When they prey on those less fortunate it's stealing from those that have the least to lose.
Also, they are usually paying an inflated price for meat that can be bought at any grocery store for less. Lastly, I believe it's unethical to make the American taxpayer pay these sham prices. Food stamps are provided for by the government and since I am a taxpayer I am offended.
Professional YOU are a JOKE !!! There are very few people Ripping people off as you say . Maybe in your market you guys hire a bunch of criminals and it's all you have ever seen . Be more selective of who you hire as they represent us all . I do almost 0 sales in Foodstamps because I stay in nicer areas. But I don't turn down anybody no matter how they pay . Sounds like you think it's ok to steal from people as long as they can afford it . You have made a complete ass of yourself on here. And as for the prices me and my company offer great prices always cheaper than Most stores . Just because YOUR food is more expensive from stores does not mean ALL salesman charge as much as YOU do . Think about what you say before you post crap on the internet . Your thoughts and words where I like it or not affect everybody in our industry
15 years in business

United States

#26 Feb 9, 2014
very interested wrote:
Has anyone tried the frozen steaks/chicken/seafood from Great Steak Company. Or, has anyone ever worked or know someone that worked for them. My family has relocated to the Louisville area, and we have an opportunity to buy into the franchise. I was just wondering if you or anyone you know has any experience with this. Thank you so much for your time
. Very interested ... I have heard of The Great Steak Company and I live in Florida where I believe they don't even have stores . I've been selling meat for 15 years and have worked for a few different companies before I found a good 1 . If u have an investment opportunity with a company it WILL be Extremely rewarding IF you invest with the right company with the RIGHT people running things . People who KNOW how to run a business . My advice is to do your homework and make sure you SEE the money and see How they handle business and customer service when customer service is needed . Sounds to me like "Professional" just doesn't want u to invest as it would create more competition in sales for him lol ! The reality is is that there is a TON of money to be made in the food industry . Any Meat company CAN & WILL SUCCEED with a good product and good leadership . Hope this helps u and u make lots of $$$. Good luck .
15 years in business

United States

#28 Feb 9, 2014
If you buy from a company all you need to do is make sure they are permitted and approved to do business by the Department of Agriculture . You can see the food sitting right in front of you . If it looks good and they are a legitimate company chances are it is a good product . If you bought and were unsatisfied , contact the company and give them the chance to swap the food out for a fresh box . Chances are the company sells over 100,000 pounds of food on a daily basis . Unfortunately but Obviously when you deal in that much quantity you are gonna have a few customer service issues . Most companies will handle your issues in a timely manner , usually within a few days to a week depending how busy they are . Believe it or not they DO want you to be HAPPY and be a regular customer . If you are still unsatisfied then find a better company to do business with . Maybe the company you bought from was illegitimate and if so then it is your own fault for not checking . Coming on the internet bashing everyone in the Industry just because u had a bad experience is WRONG ! We have families to feed too and are humans just as you are . Think for a second ... If u buy a car or a truck and you are not happy with it ... Do you NEVER buy a car again ??? No u buy from another company until you find the product you personally like . Apparently u bought from whoever u bought from because u weren't happy with the supply you already had like whatever national chain store u bought usually bought from . Did u go online bashing those stores too ??? No you tried that new company . My point is don't blame everybody because YOU had a bad experience .
Little Johnny

London, KY

#31 Feb 10, 2014
I bought some truck meat last year, it was the worst meat I have ever tried to eat. My dogs wouldn't eat it, Really!
Little Johnny

London, KY

#32 Feb 10, 2014
He said he was from Danville, and drove a small red Chevy pickup with a white chest type freezer in the back.
up go pops

Smartt, TN

#34 Feb 10, 2014
who is selling his meat,
Rational Responder

New Albany, IN

#35 Feb 12, 2014
Scarecrow wrote:
I bought a box of the stuff from a pretty girl that came to my door a couple of years ago.
I paid about $125 for it and it was so bad the dogs got most of it.
I blame you for buying *so much* of it at once without knowing if it was spoliled and/or if you liked the taste of it.
Anony-Miss

Lexington, KY

#37 Feb 13, 2014
Why in the hell would anybody even consider buying meat from the back of a pick up truck in the first place??

#Disgusting
Staley

Lexington, KY

#38 Feb 13, 2014
I sell meat & beets door to door. My meat normally beats my beets in sales on colder days but my beets beat my meat on hotter days. When it's really hot my beets pound my meat in sales because I sell cool beets I guess. Not that I sell hot meat but my meat is pretty hot. If you're interested to meet & see some pretty hot meat with some cool beets then give me a shout. Don't expect to beat my meat or find cooler beets anywhere else in town.
Business proposition

Elizabethtown, KY

#39 Feb 14, 2014
Someone PLEASE turn this thread into an adult movie. A broke man decides to get a job as a 'door to door meat salesman'? Perfect!
seasoned

Norcross, GA

#40 Mar 5, 2014
I've been In the business for some years, and I've found it lucrative. South Carolina for about 15yrs and I've been In North Carolina for the last 2. All meatmen are not the same. Some are druggies. Some don't take care of there food.( If you don't take care of you you're not gonna take care of your food ). Quality and customer service depends on the company. I find the company i've been with for the last 9yrs is one of the best. a few bad apples can spoil a bunch.
A Professional

Louisville, KY

#41 Mar 6, 2014
Wow, it's been awhile.
If you are successful selling meat and have an established route why would you be working for someone?
It took me 2 years to figure out if someone will fill your freezer and provide a truck there must be enough money in it to cut out the middleman.
That middleman is your boss or the guy that owns the truck.
Once you are aware of where the stuff (product) comes from and you ensure you can also buy it BOLT!
You want to make more money?
Cut out as many middlemen as you can.
The Beef People

Louisville, KY

#42 Mar 7, 2014
The grocery store has meat. I just go get it myself. Cuts out the middle man. Hell with a smelly deep freeze plugged into a cigarette lighter in the back of a truck that also hauls cow manure. I wish they would leave me alone hustling at gas stations. I just wanna pump my gas bud, don't wanna buy your salmonella steaks.
brian aka quake

Roslindale, MA

#43 Mar 27, 2014
lol wrote:
What kind of moron would buy meat from a freezer in the back of someones pick up truck anyways??? Lmao! I laugh at these losers all the time.
well the only moron is you I have been a door to door meat man for 12 years and I have 600+ repeat customers that the love meat maybe you should try it out
Funny guy

Fort Myers, FL

#44 Apr 5, 2014
lol wrote:
What kind of moron would buy meat from a freezer in the back of someones pick up truck anyways??? Lmao! I laugh at these losers all the time.
not everyone can afford it.
Funny guy

Fort Myers, FL

#45 Apr 5, 2014
lol wrote:
not everyone can afford it
Funny guy

Fort Myers, FL

#46 Apr 5, 2014
LYDIA DIEGO wrote:
Mr.Professioal, my husband and I bought meat fromthis guy out of the back of his ruck tell you the truth when I first met him the hairs on the back of my neck would stand straight and i also had a bad feeling about him and I have 4 dogs they idnt like.Any way my husband paid by check every time and it has alot of info on itsome how he found out his ss# and was trying to get credit cards in my husbanda name Thank God we found out...I really would like BULL SHITto learn more about your product could you give me a web adress or contact info...Thank you,Lydia
give your pitbulls a bath
Funny guy

Fort Myers, FL

#47 Apr 5, 2014
A Professional wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unethical because most jobbers selling meat out of a truck are ripping people off.
When they prey on those less fortunate it's stealing from those that have the least to lose.
Also, they are usually paying an inflated price for meat that can be bought at any grocery store for less. Lastly, I believe it's unethical to make the American taxpayer pay these sham prices. Food stamps are provided for by the government and since I am a taxpayer I am offended.
another washout

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Does anyone have a Red Balls energy drink? (Feb '13) 1 hr Jesus 3
Carla Rushing, I want to hire you, please respond! (Aug '16) 1 hr Fluff 21
Looking for Brian Underwood (Aug '16) 3 hr Truth 2
Destinie N Jupin 8 hr Very true 7
Louisville's Toughest Street Gangs??? (Nov '15) 8 hr True true 72
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 10 hr Fleetwood 445
Gangs 12 hr Steven Deaks 2

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance