$5.18 for 2 soft drinks in a rest. me...

$5.18 for 2 soft drinks in a rest. means I...

Posted in the Louisville Forum

Rational Responder

New Albany, IN

#1 Aug 4, 2014
will probably order water next time and flavor it. The restaurant in question is
Outback Steakhouse.

It seems the price of a glass of soda/iced tea (with refills) has recently gone up to $2.59.
On this evening's bill, we were charged $5.18 total for a glass of tea and a glass of Coke (with refills). Considering that Coke in 2-liter (67.6 fluid oz.) bottles is often sold in supermarkets on sale for $1.00 each, and that a person typically drinks much less than
a 2-liter (including any filled to-go cups), that's a hell of a mark-up! Of course part of the
additional cost is that the beverage is being served cold with the option of ice in a glass
and by a server. Now, I will be more inclined to order water. And I'll probably take my
own lemon slices or other flavoring, because the restaurant staff touch the lemon peels
with their fingers I'm pretty sure.
Mike Jones

Owensboro, KY

#2 Aug 11, 2014
Sorry waiters but I tip less when I see this on my bill. Charge me for water if u want a bigger tip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shay Godfather/Foxy Lady 8 min Tobenext 1
Jesus Christ is alive 15 min well 2
Jesus Saves (Jun '12) 20 min Messenger 66
Got Jesus? 29 min Messenger 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch 34 min Earl 220
Amber Foxy Lady 36 min Tellnexttime 1
Adam martinez (Dec '15) 57 min clean 37

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance