Suit: Louisville lounge denied access to blacks

Dec 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WDBO-AM Orlando

A restaurant emblazoned with the Maker's Mark name is accused in a lawsuit of civil-rights violations by allegedly refusing to allow a party for a black group.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of80
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“CANT WE ALL GET ALONG?”

Level 3

Since: May 07

Central coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I don't know why the blacks want to go in that establishment anyway.. From what i hear the waitresses are rude, the food and drinks are too expensive and nasty. ... There are other places black folks could've went instead of there..

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Mssons2plees wrote:
I don't know why the blacks want to go in that establishment anyway.. From what i hear the waitresses are rude, the food and drinks are too expensive and nasty.... There are other places black folks could've went instead of there..
totally agree. they couldn't find a lounge owned by our own people to patronize?
real bro

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77
Dec 23, 2012
 
Who wants to be around these pale devils anyway.
I can't stand the site or smell of them. And as for
That cesspool of filth ISRAHELL I see why the
World HATES those blg nose,gteedy, pig face
Serpents . Hitler was right.
real bro

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Let's cut off the WELFARE checks to ISRAHELL!!
They are using that money to commit great
Crimes againts the real BLACK JEWS. Forcing our
BLACK WOMAN to take INJECTIONS to stop them
From having babies , the samething they claimed
Hitler did to them, which i don't believe happend
At all. THAY ARE SUCH EVIL,DEMONIC,PARASITES.
Massa is Here

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79
Dec 23, 2012
 
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
totally agree. they couldn't find a lounge owned by our own people to patronize?
Good point. Y'all can always go to Waffle House.
Level 2

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It's not so much 'racism' if there is a pattern of behavior...ever think you bring it on yourselves? Naw, that would be an inconvenient truth.
Observation

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Dec 24, 2012
 
Lets not forget what just happened a few weeks ago at 5th and Market.

A college party, with mostly black attendees had a shooting just outside the building and a young lady was killed. Black on black gun violence is occurring at an alarming rate.

I for one can't blame anyone for refusing to book an event if the clientele appears to be uncivil. Just think of the ramifications to the business if something happens at their place.

And to those that don't understand, they obviously have never put their own $ at risk.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Dec 24, 2012
 
Observation wrote:
Lets not forget what just happened a few weeks ago at 5th and Market.
A college party, with mostly black attendees had a shooting just outside the building and a young lady was killed. Black on black gun violence is occurring at an alarming rate.
I for one can't blame anyone for refusing to book an event if the clientele appears to be uncivil. Just think of the ramifications to the business if something happens at their place.
And to those that don't understand, they obviously have never put their own $ at risk.


That's right... watch out for those Adam Lanza's, that white boy shooting Kindergarten children (great job... wyte on wyte crime, how typical)... or those Michael Carneal's, that white boy shooting that prayer circle of girls (again, how brave these wytes r! wyte on wyte crime is alarming!)... or those KuKluxKlan anonymous types... oh yeah! That's u, u stupid beotch! F u, u POS beotch! Get outta here, u Kluxin lowlife POS beotch. Nobody likes u
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Dec 24, 2012
 
real bro wrote:
Who wants to be around these pale devils anyway.
I can't stand the site or smell of them. And as for
That cesspool of filth ISRAHELL I see why the
World HATES those blg nose,gteedy, pig face
Serpents . Hitler was right.
Israel sux, but Im not down w/ the anti-semitism...

Israel sux b/c they're genocidal murderous barbaric bloodthirsty murderers. AmeriKKKa can't see what Israel's doing as wrong, since these pasty faces started genocidin the natives here too... RIP Rachel Corrie RIP 1 million dead in Iraq RIP 4 million dead Vietnamese RIP Sean Bell RIP MLK RIP Anne Braden
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Dec 24, 2012
 
Massa is Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Y'all can always go to Waffle House.
? I dont get which race ur tryin to make fun of here... seems to work both ways... actually, I dont remember any black folks at the last waffle house I was at... so yeah, I think u failed in ur attempt at racism here. Yall do realize that most of us working class folks, right? Like 90% of us... 90% of us have to work for somebody else in order to make a living... that means we have plenty of things in common, economics, which is the important part of life... if u think ur free in Amerika, try having no money, and see how free u r.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Dec 24, 2012
 
Get Bent wrote:
It's not so much 'racism' if there is a pattern of behavior...ever think you bring it on yourselves? Naw, that would be an inconvenient truth.
Adam Lanza... Michael Carneal... Jeffrey Dahmer... Charlie Manson... Rod Ferrell... Donald Harvey... all white men, and most of those listed, are from Kentucky. Think of the major mass shootings... what color were they? There was the Joker thing in Colorado... and Virginia Tech, that was a paleskinned man... what else? Tim McVeigh was white. Columbine was white. Most police and military who murder are white. Heck, most of AmeriKKKa is wyte... so just by random chance, wytes are going to be responsible, for good or ill.

Here's what KY has done in her past: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W5su2ws1f6c/TxyV00d... Look at how proud these wyte people are! And how unashamed! They dont care that they just collectively murdered two men! In these people's eyes, they dont even see two human beings: http://media.npr.org/assets/news/2010/08/06/l... And that man w/ the stupid hitler mustache... ugh! These whites are all dressed in their sunday's best, and these pictures were sent as postcards, to relatives all over the place, to brag about the murders going on in white AmeriKKKa... http://yeyeolade.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/... And look at how they stripped the body of their clothes... whites are so sexually neurotic... always making black man strip for them, cuttin off their nuts, posing w/ their half naked, dead bodies... sick sick sick society these people lived in, and none seemed to care about the loss of a man's life. How sick. and I bet these folks called themselves "Christian".

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Jan 5, 2013
 
if they had the money to pay they should have been able to go.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Jan 5, 2013
 
Yup.
Happy Hunter

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Feb 5, 2013
 
Schrodingers Negro wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not a 'black' POTUS, he is a Mulatto that is more White than Negro, anyone not knowing who he was would look at him and think him middle-eastern. If he was a pure Negro he would never had got in the first time. I doubt the US will ever have a REAL African American President.
Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

You are a tiny, frightened little man hiding behind antiquated, disproven eugenic theories propagated by tiny, frightened little men such as yourself. Be a man, accept that your situation is of your own creation and not the fault of some perceive "demon," and learn to deal with people as individuals.

It's what mature, socially-skilled and honest people do.
Nathan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

John Masters wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why, the only nickers I c, r the wyte supremaCYST hillbilly hickers. Nickers came outta ur head. Not ours. That's ur word. That's ur idea. It's not them. Ur the nicker that u hate. U made that up. U scared of ur own dam selves. Which makes sense... since u the most violent, most lazy, most sexually deviant, most blood thirsty, barbaric race on the planet. Stoopid azz Nickers. Get outta my kuntry. I hate u people.
Kiss out lilly white a$$es, wigger. It is a fact that when a group of alcohol drinking or drug imbibing blacks get together in a crowd, either fighting starts or shooting starts. Businesses should have the right to say NO. To anybody. We don't like your race card playing a$$. White power.
Nathan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Feb 5, 2013
 
Girl18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like that White boy that shot up all them elementary school kids right? Yall should be the last ones talking about any other race being violent
no, there are fools of every color. The tppic is about blacks being denied using the Louisville Lounge for a party. Some blacks could have been orderly, but odds are against such. Read the newspapers, watch tv news, many clubs or nightspots that have drinking and black patrons has trouble with serious fights and or shootings. Any business establishment that could set the stage for such behaviors (bars), should have the right to refuse any customer
Period. Why would blacks want to patronize a white bar? Sounds like fishing for a lawsuit.They may have not wanted to really do business there.

Look at it from that angle. I don't take my white a$$ into an all black bar. No reason to, unless
I'M looking for trouble.
Nathan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Feb 5, 2013
 
John Masters wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam Lanza... Michael Carneal... Jeffrey Dahmer... Charlie Manson... Rod Ferrell... Donald Harvey... all white men, and most of those listed, are from Kentucky. Think of the major mass shootings... what color were they? There was the Joker thing in Colorado... and Virginia Tech, that was a paleskinned man... what else? Tim McVeigh was white. Columbine was white. Most police and military who murder are white. Heck, most of AmeriKKKa is wyte... so just by random chance, wytes are going to be responsible, for good or ill.
Here's what KY has done in her past: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W5su2ws1f6c/TxyV00d... Look at how proud these wyte people are! And how unashamed! They dont care that they just collectively murdered two men! In these people's eyes, they dont even see two human beings: http://media.npr.org/assets/news/2010/08/06/l... And that man w/ the stupid hitler mustache... ugh! These whites are all dressed in their sunday's best, and these pictures were sent as postcards, to relatives all over the place, to brag about the murders going on in white AmeriKKKa... http://yeyeolade.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/... And look at how they stripped the body of their clothes... whites are so sexually neurotic... always making black man strip for them, cuttin off their nuts, posing w/ their half naked, dead bodies... sick sick sick society these people lived in, and none seemed to care about the loss of a man's life. How sick. and I bet these folks called themselves "Christian".
You have lost your mind. Jeffrey Dahmer WAS NOT from Ky. Better go back and reread Google, dipshyt. You are obssessed with naked bodies! Obssessed with blacks who look at you like the fool you talk like. Go buy two cans of black spray paint and paint yourself, a hole. See if your bull shyt preaching for blacks and vilifying whites gets your a$$ anywhere.
pn2cladelover

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Feb 5, 2013
 
fullfiguredandfl uffy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Feb 9, 2013
 
Dougalicous wrote:
Maybe they just wanted people to feel safe. Decent people don't want to be around the violence that black people seem to love. Why can't they stay in the west end?
Why would you say something like that?You are putting a whole race of people.in one box.White people fight all the time to and are just as rowdy as the next bunch including my family.They have been kicked out of plenty of bars and restaurant for just being obnoxious and rude and we are white as they come so you can't blame that on one race of people.
Truthism

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Feb 10, 2013
 
I don't like racism but, I do believe privately owned businesses have a right to let in who they want and don't want. I see it all the time, actually. I remember my friends always saying how he'd get in clubs because he had a bunch of hot females with him, while other guys were left outside because of the way they dress or didn't have hot females with them. So there is discrimination based upon gender and clothing / outward appearance already happening.

Of course, I think it's not moral to judge someone solely by the look of their face or color of skin alone but, if that business has had a history of people that share very similar thug-ghetto culture, I cannot entirely blame them for not wanting them there, if the business didn't want to risk something bad happening to begin with.

And I'd say the same thing if a 'black' owned business today didn't let a group of 'white' goth or heavy metal kids in based upon history (let's imagine, for argument sake) of their thug-like cultural behavior.

If you have a private business, you've every right to pick and choose who you do transactions with and, of course, most of you know that you'd likely discriminate based upon stereotypical history, how the group is dressed, how they look in general, etc.

Let's not be hypocrites here.

If they don't like it, maybe they should not adopt a thug ghetto-like culture to begin with. That's what should be spoken about here.

I'd sympathize more if it was *solely* based upon genetic difference alone, yet no difference in culture, the way they act, etc. Then it'd be a totally different story to me.

Maybe this business had problems with the group before? No one really knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of80
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Louisville business owner accused of illegally ... 24 min White Man 3
maddie yates 42 min curious 1
Downtown Assaults By Group of Teens (3/22/14) 1 hr what 455
Miley Cyrus Cancels Dates With Nashville, Louis... 2 hr Sandy06 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr hum 81,203
Robbie Ashcraft 3 hr Liar 1
Suspects in knifepoint robbery arrested 3 hr Sandy06 7
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... Apr 13 keep your head up 28
•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••