First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 11, 2013
So you got George Rogers Clark parking his military men on Corn Island, and he parked there, because he did not want them to abandon him, or desert him, once he told them the truth about the Louisville adventure. George Rogers Clark stayed on Corn Island for a month, and then left, and Louisville was founded by those people left over... they raised a crop of corn, which is why Corn Island is named what it is, and then afterwards, they moved to Kentucky, and started Louisville. Others have claim to Louisville too, but this one eventually gets turned into a town charter, and the name of King Louis 16th was put on this city, to honor him and his role during America's Revolution.

But you see, King Louis 16th was hated by his own people. There wasn't enough food for them, and so they chopped off his head. Him and Marie Antoinette. And look at how he dresses! Louisville is said to be the manliest city by GQ magazine, but Louis the 16th was as gay as they come! In fact, most European monarch/aristocracy are gay. George Washington wore powdered wigs, and Louis's statue downtown Louisville has his hand out in a feminine manner. King Louis couldn't consummate his relationship with Marie Antoinette for 7 years! I guess when you're too busy being pretty, it's hard to notice another's beauty. But being gay is okay, and so therefore, the gay rights movement should be going strong here, in the so-called Gateway to the South. And since the people of France chopped off King Louis's head, Louisvillians must have a particular fondness for gay King Louis the 16th for honoring his legacy for such a long time.
ZGS

Parkville, MD

#2 Aug 12, 2013
Marie Antoinette was actually killed in Monticello KY. Burnside, Ky Burnside Island state park was actually called Point Isabella. Why? it was named after Marie Antoinette's Mother. The Cherokee Indians owned the whole state of Ky at this time. They would take paddle boats loaded with furs and yes Salt. Salt is the reason the Cherokee people became a national threat. So, People would cruise down the cumberland river to nashville then back up to the ohio river , then out to sea to France. France actually honored the Cherokee Territory. It was the fags from England that f#@ked this place up. Kentucy was actually Virginia at the time. When Jefferson County was named. Something top thing about. Big Rock Cherokee Park
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#3 Aug 12, 2013
I do not believe that Marie Antoinette was killed in Kentucky. That was in Paris, I believe.

But you bring up lots of great points. Point Isabella shows how the French culture is much more prominent here than what I was taught... during the early days of America, and Kentucky, there's Spanish... there's French... the English... the American colonists... and the Indians. KY, in her discussion about statehood, actually considered joining the Spanish Empire... which would mean, we'd all be speaking Spanish now had that happened! And the entire development of America as we know it would have stopped completely.

We are named after a Frenchman because he financed hte Revolution. He gave us guns and military men, and bankrupted his country... it's almost like Louis was more for our freedom than for his own people's. King Louis even considered running away to Austria, building up an army there, and winning his crown through foreign invasion. He was hung for treason, because he plotted against the French people. Nixon says nothing a President does is illegal, so he'd probably disagree w/ Louis 16th's outcome. The English did fk this place up. The French were traders, and were amicable to the Indians. The English just wanted land, and didn't care if it took lots of bloody asymmetrical warfare against innocent men, women, and children in order to get it.
ZGS

Parkville, MD

#4 Aug 13, 2013
I really am self taught through my family history on this subject. My family were some of the french hugenots. Basically about all the laws and land that Virginia owned at on time had great ties to the french. one of the explorers that made the trip from spain to Point Isabella< Burnside KY was John Swift. Yes the Silver mine legend. He actually made silver dollars here in Kentucky that were shipped to France. There are lots of legends about his mining camps, and also about the lost treasures. At anyrate the civil war down here was all about covering up what the union had done to the tribes. Also to steal all the land from the ones who done all the work. England anounced that they would not recognize the land of the Indians. Thus the Union did the same because they knew they could.
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#5 Aug 13, 2013
Lincoln is responsible for the biggest execution on American soil. 38 Dakotas were hung during the Civil War in Minnesota. Lincoln also was passing out 150 acre land grants with Homestead Act... 150 acres of land out west... aka Indian land. His grandfather was killed by KY Indian, so I wonder if that's a reason for his bias... it doesn't excuse it, but it does explain it... his grandfather was sitting on Indian lands, and then gets shot, and how grandson must avenge his good name!
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#6 Aug 13, 2013
You are right that the Spanish were the most vicious of the European colonizers, but listen to this. During Kentucky's statehood discussions, it was seriously considered that Kentucky should declare herself independent, and then join the Spanish Empire. I am actually working on a timeline of early Kentucky history, and even though Klotter, KY's premier historian, and writer of the most up to date history book (1997), even echoes that line about no Indians being in Kentucky, and how it was plush land, with food and berries and nuts and creeks... like a Garden of Eden almost... and of course, NO INDIANS. How racist this is. I read old KY history books, and they immediately start out "the white race came into Kentucky 1774"... or "the great Anglo-Saxon race had been in Kentucky before the Indians"... it's apologist bullshyt. Even Klotter saying there's no Indians here, he then documents the plethora of Indian attacks... it's like he can't see the forest through the trees.
ZGS

Parkville, MD

#7 Aug 13, 2013
http://www.southerncherokeenationky.com/histo... Check Out this site John. The fact is that alot of people want something for the past. The past is gone, it's over. It is history now. But the lies, and the other lies are just not right. I have told you the Truth in all that I have said These dickweeds that claim to be honorable historians need their shit kicked. Lots of children died with no food. No immunizations, not anything. The lived and played in the mountians until they were found. Then they were taken for what every reason was found good to claim in the civilized world. The fact is, There was no law. There wasn't one lawman going to believe an Indian over anybody else period. Thats the real fact. Then you alway here about Blacks being discriminated against,Hispanic being discriminated against. Then you here how one rce has done the other wrong and ten has beat down 1. The fact is you just didn't here anything about the Indians because they didn't take the crap. In fact down in Burnside KY. Sloans valley train station 6 soldiers decided to rape a young Indian Girl. The next day the rest of the calvary found them buried head first in the ground up to their hips with their units cut off. This was the Creeks that done this. They were vicious to the soldiers. They got what they asked for. Thats why the Indians were savages. They didn't take what they were expected to take.
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#8 Aug 13, 2013
Savage in self-defense is intelligence. The real savages are those who murdered and raped and pillaged and stole first.
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#9 Aug 13, 2013
When did that rape and revenge attack take place?
ZGS

Parkville, MD

#10 Aug 14, 2013
Chickamauga Wars[edit source | edit]Main article: Chickamauga Wars (1776-1794)
These frontier conflicts were almost nonstop, beginning with Cherokee involvement in the American Revolutionary War and continuing through late 1794. The so-called "Chickamauga Cherokee", later called "Lower Cherokee," were those, at first from the Overhill Towns and later from the Lower Towns, Valley Towns, and Middle Towns, who followed the war leader Dragging Canoe southwest, first to the Chickamauga (Chattanooga, Tennessee) area, then to the Five Lower Towns. There they were joined by groups of Muskogee, white Tories, runaway slaves, and renegade Chickasaw, as well as by more than a hundred Shawnee, in exchange for whom a hundred Chickamauga-Cherokee warriors migrated north, along with another seventy a few years later. The primary objects of attack were the colonies along the Watauga, Holston, and Nolichucky rivers, and in Carter's Valley in upper East Tennessee, as well as the settlements along the Cumberland River beginning with Fort Nashborough in 1780, even into Kentucky, plus against the colonies, later states, of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. The scope of attacks by the Chickamauga/Lower Cherokee and their allies ranged from quick raids by small war parties of a handful of warriors to large campaigns by four or five hundred, and once over a thousand,[citation needed] warriors. The Upper Muskogee under Dragging Canoe's close ally Alexander McGillivray frequently joined their campaigns as well as operated separately, and the settlements on the Cumberland came under attack from the Chickasaw, Shawnee from the north, and Delaware. Campaigns by Dragging Canoe and his successor, John Watts, were frequently conducted in conjunction with campaigns in the Northwest. The response by the colonists were usually attacks in which Cherokee towns in peaceful areas were completely destroyed, though usually without great loss of life on either side[citation needed]. The wars continued until the Treaty of Tellico Blockhouse in November 1794.

The Chickamauga Wars were in reality a continuation of what some historians call the Second Cherokee War, fought between the whole Cherokee nation and the colonies as allies of the British in the years 1776 and 1777, waged by those who did not wish to stop resisting frontier encroachments.[citation needed]

[10]

This happened at the old Railstation where the Payroll was delivered General Burnside.
ZGS

Parkville, MD

#11 Aug 14, 2013
This whole document is Horse crap. The Cherokee were allieds with the French. England never even acknowledged the Cherokee Period. What Happened is England Put a Blockade on Salt. The Cherokee owned the salt Mines in clay county KY as well as Parmleysville Ky which is in Wayne county.The became a National security threat.Which was easily covered up properly by the educaded.
ZGS

Parkville, MD

#12 Aug 14, 2013
This is kind of a wierd staory that I have heard, Then actually found it written.

Some historians theorize that the Melungeon ancestors were Carthaginians who fled from their native land in 146 B.C. when it was destroyed by the Romans. A number of them supposedly crossed the Strait of Gibraltar into Portugal and later emigrated to the Carolinas and eventually into East Tennessee. A recent addition to feasible theories of Melungeon origin is the "Phoenician Theory," which is based on a stone found in Brazil in 1872 which told of an actual landing of a Near Eastern ship there in 531 B.C. An inscription on a stone found near Fort Loudon, TN at Bat Creek in 1885 has given weight to another theory. The translation reads "for the land of Judah," thus leading some historians to believe the Melungeons were descendants of the "Lost Tribe of Israel." The inscription, however, has also been identified with an early 19th century Cherokee alphabet.
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#13 Aug 14, 2013
DNA evidence came out and the Melungeons are black. They used Portgese, or whatever they said, as a cover for their blackness.
ZGS

Parkville, MD

#14 Aug 15, 2013
General Burnside History
More Information•General Burnside Island Home
•Reservations
•Events
•Things To Do
•History
Established in February 3, 1958

General Burnside Island State Park has the distinction of being the only island park in the Kentucky system. The park, formerly known as Bunker Hill, joined the Kentucky Parks System on February 3, 1958. In an unusual instance, the United States Army deeded the 390-acre island to the Commonwealth of Kentucky in fee simple. Most of the state park lands that the federal government has turned over to the state involved a lease agreement. Located eight miles south of Somerset in Pulaski County, the park is surrounded by Lake Cumberland and is accessible by a causeway.

For many years the sparsely settled area did not have a name. The North Carolinians, who settled there around 1800, began to call their community Point Isabel. An old and unsubstantiated legend relates that a young woman by the name of Isabel threw herself to her death from one of the high bluffs because of an unrequited love affair.

In 1863 the Union Army under the command of General Ambrose E. Burnside established a camp and army depot at Point Isabel and fortified the site along with a major lookout point called Bunker Hill to control a portion of the Cumberland River. With lookouts posted on all the high points, Burnside’s men could watch over a large part of the surrounding countryside. The camp soon became known as Camp Burnside. Older residents still referred to their community as the Point and some began gradually calling it Point Burnside.

Oh and on the Black thingy, They called them Muletto's Belive Me Cheif John Ross hated mix blooded Cherokee's. Standing Watie actualy had some white in him. What happen with alot of the Cherokee that actually went in captivity in the Iredell North Carlinia Place . The men were sold as Slaves to France, And the women were used to product black slaves with the blacks. Cheif Doubleheads daughter Escaped from this place and married, shacked up with a white man in Wayne county. since her dad owned most of the land. There are actually land transfers from her documented in the Appalachin St College Library. Dr. Gross her name was Kissiah Doublehead
ZGS

Parkville, MD

#15 Aug 15, 2013
above I forgot to mention the whole Burnside thing is nothing but lies. Then check out Melungeans of Clear Creek. Sloans Valley, Ereka Cave, Garland Bend Caves, this is all just south of Burnside and North of Yahweh Falls.
ZGS

Parkville, MD

#16 Aug 15, 2013
John you come up with stuff all the time that I haven't heard, but I've usually heard another story about it. The books are so jaded. It takes money to back books and lies that make the guilty feel as if they have covered their tracks. Let you studies reveal the truth.
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#17 Aug 15, 2013
The reason Simon Girty deflected to the Indian side is because he figured all European nations were out to murder the Indians... to steal their lands, and he was right. The French... the Spanish... the English... all were bloody savages, and they used asymmetrical warfare, and starvation, as tools of oppression. Reading about the Indians versus the whites, I'm reminded of the South vs North in the Civil War. The American Revolution was a Civil War, with 1/3 of the people for Revolution, 1/3 against it, and 1/3 of them being Indians who knew both sides were after their land, but saw the colonialists as a greater threat... The South in the Civil War was outnumbered, outgunned, and outmechanized... the North was industrialized, and would have better technology, and had lots of people, and Grant could afford to throw as many Northerners into death as he could, until the South finally acquiesced... the one sidedness seems to make the war inevitable... the Indians had lots of disadvantages going against them... being disunited being a major one, if not the major one. I wonder who the greatest Indian warrior is? Tecumseh? Cornstalk? Dragging Canoe? Sitting Bull? I wonder who the worst genocidal villian is there? Columbus, for starting the whole thing? Or George Rogers Clark? Who would have a greater body count. And what is the solution to this problem? I see lots of tribes who have survived to today... this gives me hope. Tribes have not been all wiped out... and being the great melting pot... I think we should readopt the ways of the Indian, the ways that were smart and made sense, and take the best of their cultures, just like America has been doing for years, and keep for ourselves... by living the way of the Indian, we regenerate them... and by keeping their ancestors and past and history alive, we honor them, by keeping them alive. I appreciate the back and forth with you. You come back at me with good cool information, and we both learn in this dialogue, whoever you are... child of Doublehead... Dragging Canoe... Thunderbolt Children...
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#18 Aug 15, 2013
the one-sidedness makes the South's loss inevitable... is what I meant.
ZGS

Parkville, MD

#19 Aug 16, 2013
I was a street punk kid whom grew up in Louisville untill I was 13. Then was took down to BFE and left to support my 4 younger siblings. I was bused to Martin Luther King Jr. School then went to Noe middle. Accross from manual. Back in the seventies when segregation started. I missed the heck out of the modern world. I don't anymore. I worked in Detroit for 4 yrs in the alleys as a Lineman. I used to play sports, don't anymore. Too damn old. I'm a Technician In a factory working 60 to 70 hrs a week. I live on Lake Cumberland.
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#20 Aug 16, 2013
We should hang out sometime. Maybe on Thanksgiving. Talk about Native Americans. Cultural regeneration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man charged after allegedly exposing himself to... (Jan '11) 29 min Utterly Disgusted 26
Gotti, Massimo Carlucci is Josh Cowels DEAD RAT 1 hr IKAPROUD 1
Sarah annanice reece 6 hr Just Sayin 12
Child Protective Services FINALLY exposed. THAN... (Nov '07) 7 hr unknown 137
Johnny Masters makes WDRB41 news (Jan '13) 9 hr Big Popps Pump 238
Review: Randstad 9 hr Big Popps Pump 1
Julie Chancellor... an insane oppressor sociopa... (Jan '14) Mon lol 11
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance