Gay rights ordinances pushed in small Kentucky towns

Dec 2, 2012 Full story: USA Today 133

In a scene that has been playing out in small cities throughout Kentucky in recent weeks, local citizens working with the statewide Fairness Coalition - which includes groups such as the Louisville, Ky.-based Fairness Campaign and the American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky - are seeking local anti-bias protections for gay and transgender ... (more)

Full Story
TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#48 Dec 4, 2012
Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How big is your pen!s?
Jealous much, R1? LOLAY!
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#49 Dec 4, 2012
that goth in LJ wrote:
First of all, is there any discrimination going on in Etown in the first place? This was raised in the article, and it is a fair question. Do we want to run the risk of dealing with frivolous lawsuits while solving a problem that may not exist in Etown? Those of us who support this ordinance will need to show the when, where, and how discrimination takes place if we want to win over the moderates.
These are all good points, Goth, particularly the first. There does need to be a demonstrated pattern of historical discrimination before the Government steps in to both address AND rectify those patterns. The civil courts are available to addresses isolated instances of discrimination...you don't need "your group's" discrimination to be codified in law to get relief. IMO, this is the preferred method of addressing a few bad actors without putting undue burdens on an overwhelming majority of businesses that understand that discrimination rarely makes good business sense.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#51 Dec 4, 2012
Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How big is your pen!s?
Oh look R1 proves he really is a closet queen! No mercy now F'ker

Level 1

Since: May 11

Shepherdsville, KY

#52 Dec 4, 2012
The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
These are all good points, Goth, particularly the first. There does need to be a demonstrated pattern of historical discrimination before the Government steps in to both address AND rectify those patterns. The civil courts are available to addresses isolated instances of discrimination...you don't need "your group's" discrimination to be codified in law to get relief. IMO, this is the preferred method of addressing a few bad actors without putting undue burdens on an overwhelming majority of businesses that understand that discrimination rarely makes good business sense.
Yes, but I would counter those, in a way, with my earlier statement about the unjust nature of making it illegal for a gay business owner to fire employees who protest against gay rights, or go to anti-gay churches, when a gay person has no rights when the situation is reversed.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#53 Dec 4, 2012
that goth in LJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I would counter those, in a way, with my earlier statement about the unjust nature of making it illegal for a gay business owner to fire employees who protest against gay rights, or go to anti-gay churches, when a gay person has no rights when the situation is reversed.
And I would argue that fairness is already guaranteed by the 14th Amendment, and the courts will see it that way (eventually), regardless of how Tim Walker and company feel about gay people. Philosophically, I see sexual orientation as simply a physical attribute of a person (like weight or height or handedness) not a choice (like religion or political affiliation or smoker/non-smoker). If you are wronged for a physical attribute, tell it to the judge and jury...no need for every locality to hire investigators to make sure that fat people aren't being denied access to the buffet. That's my opinion...I could be wrong :)

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#54 Dec 4, 2012
The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
And I would argue that fairness is already guaranteed by the 14th Amendment, and the courts will see it that way (eventually), regardless of how Tim Walker and company feel about gay people. Philosophically, I see sexual orientation as simply a physical attribute of a person (like weight or height or handedness) not a choice (like religion or political affiliation or smoker/non-smoker). If you are wronged for a physical attribute, tell it to the judge and jury...no need for every locality to hire investigators to make sure that fat people aren't being denied access to the buffet. That's my opinion...I could be wrong :)
That is how it should be. Unfortunately, case law does not support your position.
siren

United States

#55 Dec 4, 2012
The Point, you remind me of somebody I used to know....
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#57 Dec 4, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
The Golden Stag of Artemus has been slain by Dio. All religions set aside you are still a filthy hairy boar. You could never bare fruit and lust for the failures of fathers and mothers. The perpetual spiral of evil has deconstructed many families for profit, votes, greed, and lust.
May the blood on our hands one day be yours.
That's quite a burden to put on the Elizabethtown City Council. One day they're running a car wash, next day they have to decide whether to help slay the Golden Stag of Artemus.
Mandy

Radcliff, KY

#59 Dec 4, 2012
Why can't people stop worrying about who is sleeping with who? I don't care who anyone has sex with. Its not any of my business as long as no rape or molestation is involved. If it is 2 consenting adults, let them live their life & be happy. I have no problem with same sex relationships. I don't like overt displays of affection from anyone whether they are gay or straight though. Hand holding is fine & a peck on the cheek or lips, but I draw the line at seeing someone's tongue down another's throat no matter who it is. Some things should be kept a little private.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#62 Dec 4, 2012
Walking Dead Man wrote:
How and why should any child be placed into a same sex envronment when it was a male and a female that brought them into this world.
The straighties were inadequate; so its the gays to the rescue; sweetie
Be thankful we're here to help raise your unwanted children
Your're welcome
Mandy

Radcliff, KY

#63 Dec 4, 2012
Walking Dead Man wrote:
<quoted text>
How and why should any child be placed into a same sex envronment when it was a male and a female that brought them into this world. It makes absolutely no sense to place any child into a duel male 'relationship' as said child will be seriously hindered without any or insufficient amounts of motherly nurturing. Therein lies the mistake that gays and NAMBLA have made and that is parenting, and once this argument is effectively raised in the courts the dominoes will begin to fall.
Gay parenting and NAMBLA are of the same intention. Persuading and inflencing all children's sexuality in one form or another to normalize a very dangerous lifestyle.
For the first 7 years of my life I was raised by my mother & grandmother. Didn't have a male father figure in my life because he chose drugs & alcohol over a family. I didn't have any problems at all. That is no different than 2 men or 2 women raising a child together. As long as the child is being loved than that is what matters. Some mother's are far from nurturing. Their are a lot of single dad's out there now because the mother is a POS. It also doesn't always take a man & a woman to make a child. There is invitro, sperm banks, etc.
jamiej

Elizabethtown, KY

#64 Dec 4, 2012
Walking Dead Man wrote:
<quoted text>
How and why should any child be placed into a same sex envronment when it was a male and a female that brought them into this world. It makes absolutely no sense to place any child into a duel male 'relationship' as said child will be seriously hindered without any or insufficient amounts of motherly nurturing. Therein lies the mistake that gays and NAMBLA have made and that is parenting, and once this argument is effectively raised in the courts the dominoes will begin to fall.
Gay parenting and NAMBLA are of the same intention. Persuading and inflencing all children's sexuality in one form or another to normalize a very dangerous lifestyle.
I agree totally, you hit the nail on the head!! it TAKES MALE AND FEMALE TO make babies, and thats what the children should grow up seeing, not mom and mom making out or dad and dad making out either. Nothing but filth and discust and then people wonder what is wrong with our kids today.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Level 1

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#65 Dec 4, 2012
jamiej wrote:
<quoted text> I agree totally, you hit the nail on the head!! it TAKES MALE AND FEMALE TO make babies, and thats what the children should grow up seeing, not mom and mom making out or dad and dad making out either. Nothing but filth and discust and then people wonder what is wrong with our kids today.
Don't forget, children should not grow up seeing sister or brother being a neglected parent in their early teens either.
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#66 Dec 4, 2012
jamiej wrote:
<quoted text> I agree totally,
...said one knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing Neanderthal bigot to the other. We'll all take that for what it's worth.

BTW, all respected medical and mental-health organizations on the planet agree that same-sex couples are every bit as competent at raising children as opposite-sex couples. I'll gladly take their scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed word for it over the word of a homophobic know-nothing like you any old day of the week.
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#69 Dec 4, 2012
Walking Dead Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ever let 'them' question your yap yap yap blah blah blah...
FYI, every respected medical and mental-health organization on the planet agrees that homosexuality is perfectly natural, isn't inherently harmful, isn't a choice and can't be changed.

I'll gladly take their scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed word for it over the word of a knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing Neanderthal bigot like you any old day of the week. boy.
rick

Louisville, KY

#70 Dec 4, 2012
Angel Diva wrote:
You know, there are ways to object in a positive manner so as people take you seriously. But, surprise, the ignorant rednecks in these little towns can never manage to do that. And they're always the ones trolling these sites and spreading their hate. Always anonymously as well. Marking up every inteligent post with those stupid judgement icons. They're like really bad children. Not even realizing that they only succeed in helping to prove us right.
Thanks kids!
You're on here crying about gays being discriminated against, yet when someone disagrees with your disgusting and perverted lifestyle you have no problem what so ever refering to them as "ignorant rednecks"., go figure. Do you not recognize your own hypocracy there, bigot?
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#71 Dec 4, 2012
Walking Dead Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well well well! Satan's bitch has spoken! I own you too!
Going........DOWN!
Wow, I'll bet that response of yours must surely have taxed your intellectual capacity to its very limit.

Go ahead and show me some peer-reviewed scientific evidence that disproves what I said about gays, and then we'll see who goes down, bigot boy.
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#72 Dec 4, 2012
rick wrote:
<quoted text>You're on here crying about gays being discriminated against, yet when someone disagrees with your disgusting and perverted lifestyle yap yap yap blah blah blah...
Sexual orientation isn't a lifestyle and therefore isn't a choice. Every respected medical and mental-health organization on the planet agrees with me.

If you find same-sex relationships "disgusting" then don't engage in them. There, problem solved. NEXT!
rick

Louisville, KY

#73 Dec 4, 2012
that goth in LJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually gays boost property values. Just look at SF, the Highlands, South Beach, or any of the other areas where they move in large numbers.
And right now 3 percent of the population is openly gay.
That's an outright lie. First off, this ain't San Fransissyco. And hopefully God strikes down that modern day Soddom soon enough. Second, gays moving into those areas had nothing to do property values going up, that's purely due to location and desirability of the areas. South Beach is full of meth heads and heroin addicts too, does that mean that they helped boost property values as well?
rick

Louisville, KY

#74 Dec 4, 2012
The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual orientation isn't a lifestyle and therefore isn't a choice. Every respected medical and mental-health organization on the planet agrees with me.
If you find same-sex relationships "disgusting" then don't engage in them. There, problem solved. NEXT!
Another ourright lie. You mean to tell us all that gay men don't have a choice as to wether or not they have sex with another man? Pure BS and you know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam Swope 1 hr deeznuts 4
Mcconnell or grimes 1 hr Thelma 31
College: arrests, injuries during Pumpkin Fest 2 hr ACE MCMILLAN 6
Right-to-work: The right message for Kentucky's... 2 hr ACE MCMILLAN 5
Is the LMPD, Good or Bad ? (Jan '13) 2 hr Russell Brand 67
Robbie Ashcraft (Apr '14) 4 hr Ugly 59
Paducah native battles injustice 'one case at a... 16 hr Miss paducah 1
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs