taco

Louisville, KY

#1 Apr 9, 2012
Marcus Garvey went to prison over mail fraud, two years later, exiled to Jamaica, and died in London, possibly because of poison, at 52 years old, in 1940. Marcus Garvey's downfall and death is part of a trend of arresting, jailing, exiling, and assassinating many black leaders in America. In 1961, at 93 years old, tired of the US Government paying games with his passport, W.E.B. DuBois declared himself a permanent citizen of Ghana, and two years later, died there. Eldridge Cleaver, Jack Johnson, and Huey Newton all were exiled after being brought up on criminal charges. Even Josephine Baker thought America too dangerous to stay. H. Rap Brown, a COINTELPRO victim, is currently in jail on life sentence.
The FBI, during the 1960s, started a program called COINTELPRO. COINTELPRO was a program that mainly targeted the Black Panthers, but they also targeted SNCC, SCLC, and even Martin Luther King Jr. J. Edgar Hoover had written a letter to Martin Luther King, Jr. suggesting that he commit suicide. J. Edgar Hoover was deeply concerned about a “black Messiah” coming. Ernest Hemingway, who eventually committed suicide, and Louisville, Kentucky's own Muhammad Ali, were both wiretapped, tailed, and targeted by COINTELPRO. The FBI takes credit for the gang rivalry between US Organization and the Black Panthers, which ended in bloodshed. Stokely Carmichael died of Cancer in a hospital in the Republic of Guinea, Africa. Carmichael said that the FBI, and the “forces of American imperialism” are what gave him Cancer (Statement). Right after Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee, the FBI were immediately on the scene, as if poised to verify their kill. Malcolm X considered John Ali, a high ranking official within the Nation of Islam, his “archenemy”, because of the rift Ali was putting in between Malcolm X and Elijah Muhammad. John Ali turned out to be an official FBI COINTELPRO spy.
The most appalling criminal act of the FBI's COINTELPRO terrorist group was the straight-up political assassination of Fred Hampton and Mark Clark on December 4, 1969. The attack happened at 4:30 in the morning, by the CIA, FBI, and the Chicago Police, who fired 90 bullets into Fred Hampton's apartment while he was sleeping next to his 8 month pregnant fiance, Deborah Johnson. One bullet was fired out. Fred Hampton worked on Breakfast programs for the community, and would hold educational workshops. Fred Hampton organized the Rainbow Coalition. J. Edgar Hoover was still the FBI's Director, and Richard Milhous Nixon was President. Nobody was held responsible, and justice was never served. Fred Hampton's personal bodyguard, William O'Neal, was the FBI COINTELPRO spy. Representing Black Power is a dangerous road in white America, and so Malik Shabazz and Hakim Muhammad representing the resurgent New Black Panther Party should take caution.
cable repair

Ironton, OH

#2 Apr 11, 2012
now that theres funny
taco

Louisville, KY

#3 Apr 11, 2012
I forgot to mention Mumia Abu Jamal.
mr right

Owensboro, KY

#5 Apr 14, 2012
Black power is three afro bro pushing a caddy into a gas station for a 4 dollar gallon of OBAMA GAS
taco

Louisville, KY

#6 Apr 15, 2012
black power is the model for all cultures in amerika for cultural regeneration.
andtergilf

Saltville, VA

#7 Jun 10, 2012
dude Obama is a not black .. ... in south Africa. he would get privilege over pure black people..
Observation

Evansville, IN

#8 Jun 10, 2012
Black power is overrated. Having the first true black President hasn't help blacks at all. They still suffer double the unemployment of most other races. Obama really hasn't done anything for his own race. Families are still shattered with the majority of black children born into split families.

If I was black I would be begging Clinton to run again. He truly was good for blacks and was really the first black President.
Truth

Louisville, KY

#9 Jun 10, 2012
black power = oxymoron.
Relevations

Lexington, KY

#10 Jan 12, 2013
taco wrote:
Marcus Garvey went to prison over mail fraud, two years later, exiled to Jamaica, and died in London, possibly because of poison, at 52 years old, in 1940. Marcus Garvey's downfall and death is part of a trend of arresting, jailing, exiling, and assassinating many black leaders in America. In 1961, at 93 years old, tired of the US Government paying games with his passport, W.E.B. DuBois declared himself a permanent citizen of Ghana, and two years later, died there. Eldridge Cleaver, Jack Johnson, and Huey Newton all were exiled after being brought up on criminal charges. Even Josephine Baker thought America too dangerous to stay. H. Rap Brown, a COINTELPRO victim, is currently in jail on life sentence.
The FBI, during the 1960s, started a program called COINTELPRO. COINTELPRO was a program that mainly targeted the Black Panthers, but they also targeted SNCC, SCLC, and even Martin Luther King Jr. J. Edgar Hoover had written a letter to Martin Luther King, Jr. suggesting that he commit suicide. J. Edgar Hoover was deeply concerned about a “black Messiah” coming. Ernest Hemingway, who eventually committed suicide, and Louisville, Kentucky's own Muhammad Ali, were both wiretapped, tailed, and targeted by COINTELPRO. The FBI takes credit for the gang rivalry between US Organization and the Black Panthers, which ended in bloodshed. Stokely Carmichael died of Cancer in a hospital in the Republic of Guinea, Africa. Carmichael said that the FBI, and the “forces of American imperialism” are what gave him Cancer (Statement). Right after Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee, the FBI were immediately on the scene, as if poised to verify their kill. Malcolm X considered John Ali, a high ranking official within the Nation of Islam, his “archenemy”, because of the rift Ali was putting in between Malcolm X and Elijah Muhammad. John Ali turned out to be an official FBI COINTELPRO spy.
The most appalling criminal act of the FBI's COINTELPRO terrorist group was the straight-up political assassination of Fred Hampton and Mark Clark on December 4, 1969. The attack happened at 4:30 in the morning, by the CIA, FBI, and the Chicago Police, who fired 90 bullets into Fred Hampton's apartment while he was sleeping next to his 8 month pregnant fiance, Deborah Johnson. One bullet was fired out. Fred Hampton worked on Breakfast programs for the community, and would hold educational workshops. Fred Hampton organized the Rainbow Coalition. J. Edgar Hoover was still the FBI's Director, and Richard Milhous Nixon was President. Nobody was held responsible, and justice was never served. Fred Hampton's personal bodyguard, William O'Neal, was the FBI COINTELPRO spy. Representing Black Power is a dangerous road in white America, and so Malik Shabazz and Hakim Muhammad representing the resurgent New Black Panther Party should take caution.
This is filth! I hate smart people muckin up our boards! Come on Kluxers! It's time we unite!
Relevations

Lexington, KY

#11 Jan 12, 2013
I sure do appreciate culture in racists. lol
let it go

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Jul 19, 2013
I'm really feeling down nowadays. See the problem I'm having is...........I'M NOT BLACK ,GAY ,A MINORITY ,A SINGLE MOM...........I JUST DON'T FIT IN........BEEING A LAW ABIDDING WHITE MALE IS REALLY HARD
Riot

Calhoun, KY

#13 Jul 20, 2013
Here's when Black Power started:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_Riots

"The Watts Riots (or Watts Rebellion)[1] took place in the Watts neighborhood of Los Angeles from August 11 to 17, 1965. The six-day riot resulted in 34 deaths, 1,032 injuries, 3,438 arrests, and over $40 million in property damage."
Riot

Calhoun, KY

#14 Jul 20, 2013
It's why "Watts" is now used as a measure of power, except during a "Black Out" when lack of power causes Blackness.
Riot

Calhoun, KY

#15 Jul 20, 2013
Whites who don't like Blackouts should move to Buffalo, NY, in late January, for a Whiteout.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Finally!! 3 hr holly 11
Perry Shananaquet (Dec '10) 6 hr Faye 3
how to get out of paying child support 13 hr Fred 2
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 21 hr Alfred 4,125
Jack Harlow 22 hr MarkVest_ 1
Glenview Park Subdivision (Apr '12) Wed William 47
Travis Aporta (Aka Kentucky) Stole my Stuff!'n Wed DUH-CommonSense 3

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance