Uncle Tom

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Im glad they honor the loser whites w/ public parks, b/c if they didn't, then we might actually think about what we did here, on this hallowed ground, and make amends w/ the folks whose land it was to begin with.
Armilus Dajjal

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Uncle Tom wrote:
Im glad they honor the loser whites w/ public parks, b/c if they didn't, then we might actually think about what we did here, on this hallowed ground, and make amends w/ the folks whose land it was to begin with.
Every looked into how many US military bases are named after Confederate Generals?
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

No... but I do know that most Kentucky counties are named after Confederates and Indian killers, so it really wouldn't surprise me... but military bases?!? Dats sum fk'd bullshyt?
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Here... learn about some Kentucky Indians, including Chief Pluggy, a Mohawk Chief: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ZGS

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Cheif Doublehead and Cheif Dragging Canoe Kicked some ass. The White goverment set treaties up and forged their name to them. And if you want to see Indian Murder at it's best. Check out Yahweh Falls in Mccreary County, Kentucky. Burnside,Ky which used to be call Point Isabella after the Queens Mother of France. They used to cruiose up the Ohio river then down the cumberland River around the horn through Nashville TN. Then up through Burkesville KY then over to Burnside, Ky. Yes Paddle boats just like the Belle of Louisville made this trip.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I know. Ywahoo Falls was the worst atrocity in Kentucke... over 100 Cherokee men, women, and children, completely slain.
ZGS

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

John Masters wrote:
I know. Ywahoo Falls was the worst atrocity in Kentucke... over 100 Cherokee men, women, and children, completely slain.
You did know that the Indians weren't allowed to own land up into the mid to later 1900's. People just went in shot them and took their homes. The whole fact about the Blacks and the Civil war and Abe Lincoln was horse hockey. The congress had already announced that the slves would be free. So Mr Abe capitalized know that Salt had been Blockaded by England, so this cause a national securoty problem with The Cherokee owning all the land south of the Cumberland River. So, They made up a nice piece of paper that caused the Indians to think that the Chief Doublehead Was selling their land. So Major Ridge and 3 others murdered Chief Doublehead.Then John Sevier whom was the leader of the group that caused the state of North Carolina to fail and the state of Tennessee to exist. At one time Ky was Virginia, 3 seats Jefferson, lincoln ,lafayyette .
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

ZGS wrote:
<quoted text>
You did know that the Indians weren't allowed to own land up into the mid to later 1900's. People just went in shot them and took their homes. The whole fact about the Blacks and the Civil war and Abe Lincoln was horse hockey. The congress had already announced that the slves would be free. So Mr Abe capitalized know that Salt had been Blockaded by England, so this cause a national securoty problem with The Cherokee owning all the land south of the Cumberland River. So, They made up a nice piece of paper that caused the Indians to think that the Chief Doublehead Was selling their land. So Major Ridge and 3 others murdered Chief Doublehead.Then John Sevier whom was the leader of the group that caused the state of North Carolina to fail and the state of Tennessee to exist. At one time Ky was Virginia, 3 seats Jefferson, lincoln ,lafayyette .
Wow... I didn't know any of that. Thanks for the info. That's good stuff. And how ridiculous! Just shoot somebody, just because you want their land... Ywahoo Falls Massacre is Kentucky's Wounded Knee... where some criminals just massacred a whole group of Cherokee Indians huddled in a tight spot, just because they could get away with it. After so many broken promises, why would anybody sign any treaties w/ them ?

I heard those who murdered the Cherokee at Yahoo Falls (who were waiting there for Corn Blossom), made a ton of money off the salt they found there. Salt was a huge trade back then. It's sick. It's straight up Industrialization and Capitalism that murdered the Cherokee... or Greed. Greed murdered them.

Lincoln did hang a ton of Indians. Like the largest hanging ever. Somewhere up North. Lincoln also had the Homestead Act, where tracts of 160 acres were being passed out to whoever signed the application. He was giving out Indian land to whoever signed the application.
ZGS

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

John Masters wrote:
<quoted text> Wow... I didn't know any of that. Thanks for the info. That's good stuff. And how ridiculous! Just shoot somebody, just because you want their land... Ywahoo Falls Massacre is Kentucky's Wounded Knee... where some criminals just massacred a whole group of Cherokee Indians huddled in a tight spot, just because they could get away with it. After so many broken promises, why would anybody sign any treaties w/ them ?
I heard those who murdered the Cherokee at Yahoo Falls (who were waiting there for Corn Blossom), made a ton of money off the salt they found there. Salt was a huge trade back then. It's sick. It's straight up Industrialization and Capitalism that murdered the Cherokee... or Greed. Greed murdered them.
Lincoln did hang a ton of Indians. Like the largest hanging ever. Somewhere up North. Lincoln also had the Homestead Act, where tracts of 160 acres were being passed out to whoever signed the application. He was giving out Indian land to whoever signed the application.
John, I am the GGGGGrandson of Cheif Doublehead. His daughter escaped the murder scene of Yahweh Falls, she is my GGGgrand mother. John Sevier had faked a treaty to allow the education of indians in Chattanooga TN. Once the cherokee had gathered under the falls Sevier had hired a group of killers to go devourer the Women and children ready to make the journey he had promised.The big salt mine was in Clay County, KY. The land south of the cumberland reeks of haughtiness. In fact, Chief Doublehed is Buried at the edge of the Wayne Co., Pulaski County Line. Take hwy 27 south. to hwy 90 west. drive 1 mile take Hwy 790 South about 5 miles to the Wayne county line. Within 1000 ft on the right behind the White house is where the Chief is Buried. Actual Sterns, Mccreary county was full of coal at this time as well. So, yes, there was so much money to be made by cutting off the Cherokee. The Cherokkee was crippled, The ones who walked the trail of tears did their thing to live. My line went to the hills and took care of their own. I was the first person in my whole family to get a high school degree. That was in the 80's. My grandpa was on his own at age 9. He was basically a slave for farmers. Believe it or not, in the year 1979 I was in the same boat. I made 1 dollar and hr because I was strong and could out work the rest of them. all the rest of the people made .50 per hr. Oh and by the way, my skin is white looking. My heart is Cherokee.
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

I was at the city hall in St. Matthews a few years ago. There was a mural on the wall of a fight between buckskined guys and indians. I asked and one of the clerks said it commerates an indian fight that took place there.

There was a lot of fighting here in Kentucky. Land bought with blood.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

ZGS wrote:
<quoted text>
John, I am the GGGGGrandson of Cheif Doublehead. His daughter escaped the murder scene of Yahweh Falls, she is my GGGgrand mother. John Sevier had faked a treaty to allow the education of indians in Chattanooga TN. Once the cherokee had gathered under the falls Sevier had hired a group of killers to go devourer the Women and children ready to make the journey he had promised.The big salt mine was in Clay County, KY. The land south of the cumberland reeks of haughtiness. In fact, Chief Doublehed is Buried at the edge of the Wayne Co., Pulaski County Line. Take hwy 27 south. to hwy 90 west. drive 1 mile take Hwy 790 South about 5 miles to the Wayne county line. Within 1000 ft on the right behind the White house is where the Chief is Buried. Actual Sterns, Mccreary county was full of coal at this time as well. So, yes, there was so much money to be made by cutting off the Cherokee. The Cherokkee was crippled, The ones who walked the trail of tears did their thing to live. My line went to the hills and took care of their own. I was the first person in my whole family to get a high school degree. That was in the 80's. My grandpa was on his own at age 9. He was basically a slave for farmers. Believe it or not, in the year 1979 I was in the same boat. I made 1 dollar and hr because I was strong and could out work the rest of them. all the rest of the people made .50 per hr. Oh and by the way, my skin is white looking. My heart is Cherokee.
I hear your death call my man, and what a journey you and your people have gone through. Would your ggggrandmother be "Princess Cornblossom"? I know that's not the right term for her, but it is easier to remember, and Chief Doublehead was a badazz!!! I read a story about him eating the brains and heart of some settlers just to strike fear into the hearts of the occupying settlers. That's a ton of great information, and if I ever get to Eastern Kentucky, I'll be sure to check out the locations... It would be cool to get all of those sites online, and to at least have it accessible to the public. John Sevier can sk a bowl of donkey dks. Fk that mofo'er. Gonna kill people just to steal their salt and coal... wtf? Straight up murderers man... all of this is Indian land... and I read about Wounded Knee... that happened in the 1970s! Again! That's ridiculous... we haven't come up with a policy to rectify this situation yet? We need to... that's an apology waiting to happen, and it shouldn't have happened to begin with, but it also should have been solved a long time ago. Clark County is named after George Rogers Clark, who killed Indians... Louisville was "founded" by him too, if you ignore the Indians who were here beforehand... man, there's so much stuff out there... Anyways, I like what you write, and I hope you write some more. It's important work you're writing down for future generations, and while now, folks may question you, the next generation, accepts the truth as gospel, and don't question it. So you will be vindicated... and so will your people. I'm proud of you man, for what it's worth.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Scarecrow wrote:
I was at the city hall in St. Matthews a few years ago. There was a mural on the wall of a fight between buckskined guys and indians. I asked and one of the clerks said it commerates an indian fight that took place there.
There was a lot of fighting here in Kentucky. Land bought with blood.
Right on.
ZGS

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

No, She was not Princess Cornblossom whom is a daughter of Creat Priber and the Chief Doublehead. Doublehead had wives. Princess Cornblossom is the most popular. Her half sister was May GGGGrandmother. Thats as far as I can say about that for now. The fact is the Cherokkee were racist at the time. Worse than the white and Black people put together. They still are. They believe if your not a full blood that you are a disgrace to the race out on reservation in oklahoma. I'm mixed I'm not a pussy that ran.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

ZGS wrote:
No, She was not Princess Cornblossom whom is a daughter of Creat Priber and the Chief Doublehead. Doublehead had wives. Princess Cornblossom is the most popular. Her half sister was May GGGGrandmother. Thats as far as I can say about that for now. The fact is the Cherokkee were racist at the time. Worse than the white and Black people put together. They still are. They believe if your not a full blood that you are a disgrace to the race out on reservation in oklahoma. I'm mixed I'm not a pussy that ran.
Wow... more racist than whites AND blacks... COMBINED!?! I believe it. It's not that surprising really.

Do you know the Cherokee native language? What's it called... and do you now live in KY, or CA?

Here's some work about Eskippakithiki, the last Shawnee village, that you might like: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/winchester-ky... The best parts are at the end.

I dabbled w/ Cherokee history. They were in South East... there's Chief Red Bird, who was killed w/ his own tomahawk, where he slept, there's Chief Butterfly... Dragging Canoe, whose a badazz... and he coined "Dark and Bloody" for Kentucke... teamed up w/ Tecumseh... I think... the Chickamauga Wars actually raged on for like decades... there was actually 2 of them! I think how Indians are depicted in our history books are ridiculous. Some accounts say Indians have been here for over 30,000 years... so if that's true, over 30,000 years, then how come Klotter's History book of KY says that there were NO Indians in Kentucky b4 the white man? Seems like an apologist perspective... now, they're saying Fort Ancient was actually the Shawnee... BUT, I have heard some verbal stories, which is how we know about Ywahoo Falls, through oral tradition, about how there was a race of white folks here before the Indians... there was a bunch of dead bodies found off some island on the Ohio River, near Louisville... there's also been reports of 6 foot giants, w/ red hair, like their skeletal remains have been dug up in various places in Kentucky... red hair'd giants!?!

I actually have a cousin named Cherokee... not because of Indian tribute, but because they had to give birth to her in a Cherokee Jeep, and that became her name... but cool name, ya know!?! Anyways... I love all the stuff you know about Cherokee and Indian culture. Don't feel bad about the racism... it seems justified. And you said they're worse... maybe they talk as bad as them, but there wasn't a genocide of white folks to steal their land by the Indians, so I don't think their hatred compares to the European settlers who first came onto this continent...
ZGS

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

The Cherokee traded with france whom owned the area untill England claimed it after the Revolutionary War. The cherokee built the system of trading with france using the river system.Selling furs and Salt for 30 dollars a barrel back then. Then the Long hunters also came in to the system and the take over began. I am where the cherokee capital of the United states was at Point Isabella, which is todays Burnside Ky. This was the shipping port. The end of the road for anything but a horse. In fact the Cinncinatti Rail Company built the rails right on top of the Tellico Trail which is the Indian Road that was the only way to get to the salt. They used Pack mules. I am here. Chief Dragging canoe was a serious badass. Someone used his name on this topix site. Which is disrespectful. He suffered and survived Small Pox. War cheif Dragging Canoe was the main cherokee War chief in Battle. He had 7 chief's that Fought with him. Look it up The 7 of Dragging canoe. They suffered bvut they didn't surrender to the armies. The armies feared the mountains because of the 5 Cherokee Thunder Warriors. Their is a story of these great five. It's very unbelievable.But True. My Grandfather told me. He could not read or write. He did not lie.I will not put it on here. But I will tell you sometime. I have watch some of your Video's. You would be surprise to know whom you favor. Fight for what you believe in. I am the Arrow. Swift Arrow!
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

There's a Canoe Kentucky in Breathitt County. I couldn't find any info on the Cherokee Thunder Warriors.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Im the one who was writing Dragging Canoe's name, and I dont think it's disrespectful. I am bringing a man's life back to life, and it's up to us to honor the dead. To some native Americans, when you say the person's name, they are still alive. This means to me, that we need to honor the dead as best as we can... through stories, videos, pictures, etc. It's up to us. If something were to happen to me, I don't think my final resting place would be to my liking. IDK... I dont have a will nor have I give somebody the power of attorney, so... yeah. Anyways. Feel free to always keep my name and legacy alive, by any means necessary.
ZGS

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

John Masters wrote:
Im the one who was writing Dragging Canoe's name, and I dont think it's disrespectful. I am bringing a man's life back to life, and it's up to us to honor the dead. To some native Americans, when you say the person's name, they are still alive. This means to me, that we need to honor the dead as best as we can... through stories, videos, pictures, etc. It's up to us. If something were to happen to me, I don't think my final resting place would be to my liking. IDK... I dont have a will nor have I give somebody the power of attorney, so... yeah. Anyways. Feel free to always keep my name and legacy alive, by any means necessary.
Before you tell the Story on You Tube, To know who Dragging Canoe and his family were, Here it is. I didn't mean to anger you. When you read the last of the story you'll know.
ZGS

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

ZGS wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you tell the Story on You Tube, To know who Dragging Canoe and his family were, Here it is. I didn't mean to anger you. When you read the last of the story you'll know.
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/cherokee-star-wa...

Make sure to wear you white and Blue lightning Rods on each side of your face to honor The Dragging Canoe.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

ZGS wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/cherokee-star-wa...
Make sure to wear you white and Blue lightning Rods on each side of your face to honor The Dragging Canoe.
Are you saying these 5 Blue Warriors... one of them was Dragging Canoe ? Wow...

And I love the thought of wearing a blue and white lightning stripes on the side of my face, in honor of Dragging Canoe. And I'm sorry if I made you mad. You didn't make me mad. You stood up for your position, and I'm glad you did. I will be more careful with my words now, esp if using his name. Dragging Canoe... now, to the Earth, he is alive. Everytime we say his name, Dragging Canoe, he reappears. The mysticism of Dragging Canoe can never leave Kentucky... he said it was a Dark and Bloody Ground, and looking at the stats of KY... being #1 in America for Animal Abuse,#1 in America for Child deaths in Child abuse cases, then there's all the murder-suicides... we're high in spousal abuse, and we're high in elder abuse... all the Feuds... Hatfield v McCoy... Eastern Ky is the poorest in America... the prison industrial complex... we're #1 for fastest growing prisons... we're high in child mortality rate... Letcher Co only has 40% drinking water that goes to their houses... Clay Co has people dying left and right... Louisville too... in the jail system, just like the Stanford Prison Experiments, the jailers, here in Louisville, are jerks to everybody. Innocent until proven guilty ? Nope... that's not true. They molested me in jail! They started to make fun of me, and I protested, and they said, "Okay... " and then took me in back, hogtied me, threw me on the metal frame bed, and then I started bleeding everywhere. I had a gash underneath my left eye. It'll b a permanent gash. Will I get justice from this ? Of course not. When do we get justice ? When do we make things right ? Whites genocided an entire nation, enslaved another, and in some places, genocided that enslaved African nation too. We haven't made up for these major crimes. And justice would be an eye for an eye. I dont want that. I want there to be a solution that helps us all. And when we cared for the black kids during the 60s, and before then, educating them, the govt realized they had to take care of the white kids too. They had enough money to build TWO schools in every district, to make sure whites had the same education level as the black folks. The Freedman's Bureau, created after the Civil War, was dedicated to making sure the newly freedmen was protected. WEB DuBois said that the Freedman's Bureau was a great example of how democracy in America could work. Too bad Reconstruction failed.

"On a particular occasion one brother was standing in the opening of a great cave. He was one of the five thunderbolts. Several white soldiers had spotted him just standing in front of this cave. Then the soldiers were astounded. every time they would look up on a point they would see this muscular warrior with a blue and white painted face. They would turn and look behind them and there he would be again. Then he would vanish right before their eyes. The soldiers became spooked. They started firing in every direction until they had all became wounded because of their own fire. Then one wounded soldier looked up and the big star warrior appeared in the sunlight. He commanded them to leave now and never come back."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Louisville, KY (Jul '10) 1 hr Brian_G 274
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 hr Anne 52 81,549
Mitch McConnell 11 hr Kirsten Kukowski 21
ann luckett dentist 11 hr me 9
Why are Louisville drivers so bad?? (Sep '08) 12 hr LouisvilleKYreport 12
LMPD finds body of a man in rock quarry near So... 12 hr LouisvilleKYreport 3
Louisville doctor facing charges for prescripti... (Jun '12) 12 hr Steven 9
•••
•••