Carrollton man hit, killed while walk...

Carrollton man hit, killed while walking along Hwy. 227

There are 247 comments on the WHAS11 story from Oct 9, 2013, titled Carrollton man hit, killed while walking along Hwy. 227. In it, WHAS11 reports that:

A Carrollton man is dead after police said he was struck by drunken driver while walking along Highway 227 Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAS11.

Truth

Florence, IN

#199 Oct 12, 2013
Almost every employee at Herb Kinman Chevrolet gets plastered drunk after work, and drive home. Hell some even live in Georgetown...
Facts

Charlestown, IN

#200 Oct 12, 2013
Knowledge Is Golden wrote:
To those that have been talking about the charges against Mr. Wilhoite let me provide some insight into police investigations. I am a former police officer that understands the system. On the night of the accident the police had to make a determination based on preliminary information on what to charge him with. The facts of the incident had not been established yet.(It takes follow up, interviews and a evaluation of the evidence before final charges are levied). There is still a possibility that leaving the scene of an accident and / or failing to stop and render aid could be faced by Mr. Willhoite. Also, the death related charge could be elevated to murder or lowered to reckless homicide. It takes a complete investigation and a determination on what you can prove in a court of law. Remember, 12 people all have to be convinced " beyond a reasonable doubt" as to the guilt of someone. Let the state police have time to complete their investigation and then if you are not happy, complain away.
I am happy that someone gets on here and.gives some enlightenment of this topic that's not on either side of defense.or just trash talking. Yes Willhoite's charges could change which they should. The #1 question I have is why was his Bond set so Low if he already had a pending DUI within months before. These crimes that were committed are very serious he shouldn't of had a bond period he took a. Life doesn't that mean something to any one in the legal system ... He should still be in jail waiting a trial. Something needs to be done.
I agree

Louisville, KY

#205 Oct 12, 2013
Lewis Lewis wrote:
<quoted text>I think it was a suicide. The driver may have had a few but that has nothing to do with this case. If he hadn't been wandering around in the dark in the middle of the road he might be alive today. And who's going to pay for any needed repairs to the truck?
You are a sick sorry individual.....Were you there?
I agree

Louisville, KY

#206 Oct 12, 2013
Kevin B wrote:
Sounds like something I would do.. Sue? Do u even know me, are u serious? I state facts and go by reality and the truth some of u don't like that we'll get used to it cause all Carrollton is is a bunch of drama dumb stupid minded people which once again is why I left so since u think u know me which u obviously don't, I'm against drunk driving and what he did was wrong but he did not intentionally kill anyone and people on here are bad mouthing someone for drinking and driving when half the people on here have done it or text and drove. And most of the people on this forum probably do drugs which is just as fucking bad and I'm aloud to say whatever I want and curse I want so if u don't like it then fuck off, thank you
I DO know you and I know the reason you went in the Marines was because you were running with the wrong bunch and was on a path to NOWHERE.....so don't act so high and mighty you are just a snotty nose punk
Da Biz

Louisville, KY

#209 Oct 12, 2013
I think they need to make the law more strict for a DWI, Imagine if the first time you lost your license for life. You think people would rethink getting behind the wheel! I know that I Carrollton it's a right of passage to get a DWI and I know so many people in Carrollton that have multiple offenses and they just keep doing it. Its sad that it takes a person life for people to make changes.
grow up

Louisville, KY

#219 Oct 12, 2013
Kevin B wrote:
Why not man up and reveal yourself, and whenever u see me please say shit lmao
You don't sound like a man in the marines. You sound like a lil snot nosed punk!
think again

Shelbyville, KY

#220 Oct 12, 2013
I wonder what Kevin's mom would think about the way he is talking on here. She is very known in this town. Maybe someone should go ask her about how she would feel in this situation. Would she think it was fair that her son died because of someone that made the choice to drink and drive...then left him on the side of the road to die while they were trying to figure out how to lie their way out of it. Would she think it was fair that the driver was out on bail while she was burying her son? Would she accept the fact that he did chose to get in a truck after drinking as an accident? I do not think she would accept any of those things.
Not only did he drive off after him but he drove past him again while waiting for his dad and friend to get there and help get him out of trouble. He went to jail and has it on his record but that does mean that the end result will be enough justice for what he done to Mike.
I still do not understand how anyone that is defending the driver cannot consider how Mike's family is feeling. Maybe they should stop and think about how their own families would feel if they were in the same situation.
I do not agree with the fact that this guy is out on bail while having a DUI charge pending in Gallatin County. With him having at least one DUI under his belt then maybe he should have been made to stay in jail longer. I do not agree with Drinking and Driving and have never done so. I have seen too many people killed because of something stupid like that.
I think that everyone should have to take care of someone that cannot take care of themselves anymore because of being injured by a drunk driver. Maybe if they could see how this effects a real person's life because of a stupid choice they someone made, then maybe it would wake them up...then again maybe not.
I don't think getting on here threating to shut someone up when they see you face to face is a way to deal with this.
Kevin, I have known you since you were a boy. Carrollton is not a place full of pieces of shits as you stated earlier. You used to be proud to be from here. You got into trouble and chose to make things better, whether you were forced to do or did it on your own, but you had the opportunity to make it better for yourself. Not everyone has that choice...Mike did not have a choice to either live or die that night. Nathan(James) was able to make the choice to drink and drive. He also made the choice to keep going once he hit Mike. He also made the choice to drive back past Mike while he was laying on the side of the road. Were any of these choices the right ones no but at least he was able to make them...whether impaired or not...he still made them.
We all make choices and have to live the consequences of those choices. Yes Nathan has to live with the consequences of his choices but so fat those consequences have not been very many. Now that may change later down the road or not...but everyone needs to stop and remember that HE MADE THE CHOICE TO GET BEHIND THAT WHEEL AFTER HE HAD BEEN DRINKING. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME HE MADE THAT CHOICE EITHER.
FOR ALL OF THE ONES DEFENDING HIM...PUT YOURSELF IN MIKE'S FAMILY'S PLACE. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF IT HAD BEEN YOUR FAMILY MEMBER THAT HAD BEEN KILLED AND LEFT TO DIE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD BECAUSE YOU MADE THE CHOICE TO GET IN A VECHILE AFTER DRINKING A BEER OR MORE.
Sue

Louisville, KY

#222 Oct 12, 2013
Kevin B wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that right, snotty nose punk. Have the balls to say that to my face and u won't have much of a face left there bud.
You make my night.....lmfao you'd cry and run for the hills
Amen

Louisville, KY

#223 Oct 12, 2013
think again wrote:
I wonder what Kevin's mom would think about the way he is talking on here. She is very known in this town. Maybe someone should go ask her about how she would feel in this situation. Would she think it was fair that her son died because of someone that made the choice to drink and drive...then left him on the side of the road to die while they were trying to figure out how to lie their way out of it. Would she think it was fair that the driver was out on bail while she was burying her son? Would she accept the fact that he did chose to get in a truck after drinking as an accident? I do not think she would accept any of those things.
Not only did he drive off after him but he drove past him again while waiting for his dad and friend to get there and help get him out of trouble. He went to jail and has it on his record but that does mean that the end result will be enough justice for what he done to Mike.
I still do not understand how anyone that is defending the driver cannot consider how Mike's family is feeling. Maybe they should stop and think about how their own families would feel if they were in the same situation.
I do not agree with the fact that this guy is out on bail while having a DUI charge pending in Gallatin County. With him having at least one DUI under his belt then maybe he should have been made to stay in jail longer. I do not agree with Drinking and Driving and have never done so. I have seen too many people killed because of something stupid like that.
I think that everyone should have to take care of someone that cannot take care of themselves anymore because of being injured by a drunk driver. Maybe if they could see how this effects a real person's life because of a stupid choice they someone made, then maybe it would wake them up...then again maybe not.
I don't think getting on here threating to shut someone up when they see you face to face is a way to deal with this.
Kevin, I have known you since you were a boy. Carrollton is not a place full of pieces of shits as you stated earlier. You used to be proud to be from here. You got into trouble and chose to make things better, whether you were forced to do or did it on your own, but you had the opportunity to make it better for yourself. Not everyone has that choice...Mike did not have a choice to either live or die that night. Nathan(James) was able to make the choice to drink and drive. He also made the choice to keep going once he hit Mike. He also made the choice to drive back past Mike while he was laying on the side of the road. Were any of these choices the right ones no but at least he was able to make them...whether impaired or not...he still made them.
We all make choices and have to live the consequences of those choices. Yes Nathan has to live with the consequences of his choices but so fat those consequences have not been very many. Now that may change later down the road or not...but everyone needs to stop and remember that HE MADE THE CHOICE TO GET BEHIND THAT WHEEL AFTER HE HAD BEEN DRINKING. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME HE MADE THAT CHOICE EITHER.
FOR ALL OF THE ONES DEFENDING HIM...PUT YOURSELF IN MIKE'S FAMILY'S PLACE. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF IT HAD BEEN YOUR FAMILY MEMBER THAT HAD BEEN KILLED AND LEFT TO DIE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD BECAUSE YOU MADE THE CHOICE TO GET IN A VECHILE AFTER DRINKING A BEER OR MORE.
This has to be the best written piece I have seen on here and I personally agree with it...thanks for such a well written piece
Kevin B

Talladega, AL

#224 Oct 12, 2013
Go tell my mother I stated facts and my opinion on the matter just like everyone else did. If u have opinions on me that's fine. I know who I am and trust me the opinions from Carroll county does not affect me one bit
A Friend

Bardstown, KY

#238 Oct 12, 2013
I was talking to the stupid a$$ that was talking about who is paying for that truck , I think it would take a low life to ask just a stupid question . Who cares about that truck? Wasn't trying to make Michaels family mad. I was just letting this Moron who ask that to take a hike back to what ever hole he came out of.
i cousin with michael

Shelbyville, KY

#239 Oct 12, 2013
A Friend wrote:
I was talking to the stupid a$$ that was talking about who is paying for that truck , I think it would take a low life to ask just a stupid question . Who cares about that truck? Wasn't trying to make Michaels family mad. I was just letting this Moron who ask that to take a hike back to what ever hole he came out of.
thats what i was thinking he a low coming off with that. I mean it's his damn fault not michaels. Oh no ur fine i just didnt know who u was talking about. I snap when i seen that. My blood has been boiling since i read it. Thank u very much for taking up for my cousin. It means alot to our family.
Kevin B

Talladega, AL

#240 Oct 12, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Still haven't answered kevin b
You still haven't told me who u are. Absolutely hilarious.
karma

United States

#241 Oct 12, 2013
hey kevin b people can have opinions only people know the facts are Nathan and a dead young man your stating hearsay like everyone else but keep in mind carrollton is small your disrespecting a dead man and his family and you still have family here people might take offense to.your words and take it out on your family just so they xan state their opinions on here just like you are. accidents happen remember?
Blessed

Lexington, KY

#242 Oct 12, 2013
Do the people of Carrollton understand that James made a horrible mistake and an amazing young man is in heaven, but at this moment in time, there are so many people that are talking horrible about a man that in the middle of the night leaves his warm bed and comes out to make sure that any of your family members that passes are takin care of.....this is a man that has to become more than anything that you or I could be....please take a moment and try to think about the family members that have gone on and the person tha twas there with a caring face....you people are so fortuniate to have a Coronor that cares as much as David....This man has give all he has to all of you people! STOP making his life more miserable thanwhatit already is! This has nothing to do withhim or anyone else in that town.....than the wonderfulyoung man that lost his life way too soon and the young man that will never forgive himself for the choices he made! GOD BLESS CARROLLTON AND EVERY SINGLE AMAZING, Important soul in it! YOU ARE ALL WAY BETTER THAN THECOMMENTS MADE HERE!
just me

Greenfield, IN

#243 Oct 12, 2013
i cousin with michael wrote:
<quoted text> are u freaking kidding me a**hole he wasnt wondering he was walking to working like always does. If the driver wasnt drunk then my cousin would be here piece of crap. No it wasnt a suicide that sob killled my cousin by drinking and driving. Screw his truck u must be one of his friends.
don't pay any attention to that idiot that said that pile of shit about him wandering around in the dark and stuff. Anyone that knew mikey knew he walked at least 3 feet away from the white line. And the repairs part is funny as hell too.
truth

New Paris, OH

#245 Oct 13, 2013
I wasn't friends with either but i can see there are some people on here that think this was a mistake. How can anyone claim this poor boy made a mistake? He is a man that decided to drink and drive he could have killed more than one person that night. What he did is not a mistake it is a crime and he should still be in jail. He had previous charges. He didn't learn the first time. He will never learn.
karma

United States

#247 Oct 13, 2013
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
The only hearsay and lies are the ones that mikes friends and family are spreading. These comments here are blanket threats. And so are many more on this thread. I'm sorry that poor soul mike had such trashy friends and family. He deserved better than that.
blanket threats have you nervous enough not to put your name? enjoy life you might have a accident like kevin b calls it. and as far as david wilhoite theres the real trash for not teaching his son morals and how to be a man. although fact is i heard a couple guys were messing with nathan in ccdc for this few hours had him piss himself
Ummmm

Carrollton, KY

#248 Oct 13, 2013
karma wrote:
<quoted text>blanket threats have you nervous enough not to put your name? enjoy life you might have a accident like kevin b calls it. and as far as david wilhoite theres the real trash for not teaching his son morals and how to be a man. although fact is i heard a couple guys were messing with nathan in ccdc for this few hours had him piss himself
wait a second now, David is not at fault for what his son did. He's only somewhat to blame IF he condones, lies or tries to cover up his sons behavior. Once we turn 18 everything thing we do is our own choice and fault, not the parents. Give him a chance to show people he knows his son was wrong and won't tolerate his actions.
his cousin

Shelbyville, KY

#250 Oct 13, 2013
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
The only hearsay and lies are the ones that mikes friends and family are spreading. These comments here are blanket threats. And so are many more on this thread. I'm sorry that poor soul mike had such trashy friends and family. He deserved better than that.
were not spreading lies about anyone he killed my cousin cause he was drunk. the only trash I see is u. there will be justice for my cousin we will fight until there is. their not threats I will fight and contact anyone who can help us get justice for my cousin. he didn't deserve this and he shouldn't have died either. were not trash and nobody is threating either. this boy shouldn't have been driving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kendall allen (Mar '13) 39 min Sarrow67 4
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 54 min Phoenix97 2,540
wake up (Jul '15) 1 hr Jgrotberg 4
Louisville's Toughest Street Gangs??? (Nov '15) 1 hr Stallion 54
Hmm.old friend 1 hr Msval 4
old man trump swings his 5 hr Filth N Fury 3
Looking to give a woman oral, any takers? 5 hr Filth N Fury 10

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages