Carrollton man hit, killed while walk...

Carrollton man hit, killed while walking along Hwy. 227

There are 247 comments on the WHAS11 story from Oct 9, 2013, titled Carrollton man hit, killed while walking along Hwy. 227. In it, WHAS11 reports that:

A Carrollton man is dead after police said he was struck by drunken driver while walking along Highway 227 Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAS11.

ha

United States

#301 Oct 14, 2013
Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>Grow up you dumb ass idiot! Worry about your own pathetic life! There is more to this than you know! Go find a job! Quit being a loser! You know nothing! Ha!
Really? It's posted on jailtracker that he is in jail for DUI first offense... And how do you know there is more to it? Sounds to me like you think you know everything.... Lmao.
Facts

Charlestown, IN

#302 Oct 14, 2013
He is back in Carroll county detention center. Look it up . Maybe enough people are standing up for justice to be served . His life won't ever be the same. Many people loved Michael and DUI is something that shouldn't be taken lightly especially twice that cost a innocent person life. God bless both families.
Kevin B Sr

Birmingham, AL

#304 Oct 15, 2013
hey j wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my whole point in describing your son and your behavior. And you clearly justified my comment. Get loud now thats funny! Crawl back under your rock and dont make this forum about you like your punk son tried. People want justice for mike not read posts from idiots like you. And Thank you for the nightly chuckle.
HahahahahHahahahabahabahHaha u justify my comment by saying all Carrollton is full of is simple minded trash that likes to talk shit but when it comes time to man up they shut up. U think I'm a punk please bitch. Really? Seems like all u people like to do is talk shit but not follow up behind it. If u people have a problem with me or my father please by all means feel free to contact me and we can handle the situation. Go ahead and continue talking shit behind your computer screen so how about you take your own advice? Have a great night
Saddened

Shelbyville, KY

#307 Oct 15, 2013
No matter which "side" you're on, if your child was killed, you'd want justice.
Caring citizen

Shelbyville, IN

#308 Oct 15, 2013
For Gods sake can all of you stop this threatening and arguing! A man lost his life and everyone of you are disrespecting that! Try praying for the boys family that is grieving! Stop all this nonsense! People need to pull together! This forum has gotten out of control so all of you need to stop!!!
AAA

Owensboro, KY

#309 Oct 15, 2013
This entire thread needs to be deleted. Good riddance.
people

Indianapolis, IN

#310 Oct 15, 2013
Caring citizen wrote:
For Gods sake can all of you stop this threatening and arguing! A man lost his life and everyone of you are disrespecting that! Try praying for the boys family that is grieving! Stop all this nonsense! People need to pull together! This forum has gotten out of control so all of you need to stop!!!
THANK. YOU

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#311 Oct 15, 2013
people wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK. YOU
thank you
Caring citizen

Scottsburg, IN

#312 Oct 15, 2013
Youre welcome. (Hugs)
If Only

Lexington, KY

#313 Oct 15, 2013
Had you tried to understand the justical system better you could have avoided a lot of stress. Actually, I am surprised because most of you are probably in court weekly. Check this article in Madison Courier: http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp...
The grand jury is made up of your peers. If you are on the voting roll you could be called for jury duty. Of that group the grand jury is selected. This pool changes every six months. In fact if you are registered to vote, you could end up on the jury for this case. Assuming it's held in Carroll Co.
pet

Elizabethtown, IN

#314 Oct 15, 2013
murder --Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human, and generally this premeditated state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter). He will never get a murder sentence because he did not set out to kill anyone.....
Whut

Paris, TN

#315 Oct 15, 2013
10/15/2013 3:00:00 PM
Man faces murder charge after hit-and-run
Renee Bruck
Courier Staff Writer

A Carrollton man was indicted Monday by a Carroll County grand jury on four charges - including one count of murder - after police say he caused the death of a pedestrian after driving while intoxicated.

James Nathan Wilhoite, 24, of Carrollton, was charged with murder, a capital offense; leaving the scene of an accident, a Class D felony; possession of a controlled substance, a Class A misdemeanor; and operating a vehicle while intoxicated after hitting and killing 27-year-old Michael Beach.

According to the indictment, Wilhoite could face up to 50 years in jail, a fine of not more than $10,000 and the loss of his driver's license for not less than five years if found guilty of the murder charge.

According to a state police investigation, Wilhoite struck and killed Beach on KY 227 on Oct. 8. Police say Beach had been walking on the side of the road around 9 p.m. when Wilhoite's vehicle crossed the white line and hit him.

Wilhoite left the scene of the accident or failed to immediately stop and render assistance after the collision that resulted in the death of Beach when he knew or should have known Beach died or suffered serious physical injury in the accident, the indictment said.

State police reports said Wilhoite parked the vehicle in an adjacent parking lot following the accident.

Beach was transported to the Carroll County Memorial Hospital where he was later pronounced dead by Henry County Coroner James Pollard.

Wilhoite was apprehended by police after the accident and taken to the Carroll County Detention Center, where he was released on a cash bond the same day. He initially faced charges of manslaughter and operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

According to the grand jury indictment, Wilhoite was also in possession of a controlled substance - Hydrocodone - at the time of the accident.

Wilhoite was arrested on the four charges Monday and taken to the Carroll County Detention Center, where he remains lodged.

http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp...
One sinner

Indianapolis, IN

#317 Oct 15, 2013
Now here this all ye sinners. Care not about who did what and who said what. We are not here to care about worldy things. GOD needed Michael in heaven and we are not to ask why. This is GOD's plan. All will be revealed in heaven
calm down

Elizabethtown, IN

#318 Oct 16, 2013
He had one DUI pending in another county.. and now a DUI in Carroll county along with the other charges in Carroll county.
think again

Jeffersonville, IN

#319 Oct 16, 2013
Whut wrote:
10/15/2013 3:00:00 PM
Man faces murder charge after hit-and-run
Renee Bruck
Courier Staff Writer
A Carrollton man was indicted Monday by a Carroll County grand jury on four charges - including one count of murder - after police say he caused the death of a pedestrian after driving while intoxicated.
James Nathan Wilhoite, 24, of Carrollton, was charged with murder, a capital offense; leaving the scene of an accident, a Class D felony; possession of a controlled substance, a Class A misdemeanor; and operating a vehicle while intoxicated after hitting and killing 27-year-old Michael Beach.
According to the indictment, Wilhoite could face up to 50 years in jail, a fine of not more than $10,000 and the loss of his driver's license for not less than five years if found guilty of the murder charge.
According to a state police investigation, Wilhoite struck and killed Beach on KY 227 on Oct. 8. Police say Beach had been walking on the side of the road around 9 p.m. when Wilhoite's vehicle crossed the white line and hit him.
Wilhoite left the scene of the accident or failed to immediately stop and render assistance after the collision that resulted in the death of Beach when he knew or should have known Beach died or suffered serious physical injury in the accident, the indictment said.
State police reports said Wilhoite parked the vehicle in an adjacent parking lot following the accident.
Beach was transported to the Carroll County Memorial Hospital where he was later pronounced dead by Henry County Coroner James Pollard.
Wilhoite was apprehended by police after the accident and taken to the Carroll County Detention Center, where he was released on a cash bond the same day. He initially faced charges of manslaughter and operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
According to the grand jury indictment, Wilhoite was also in possession of a controlled substance - Hydrocodone - at the time of the accident.
Wilhoite was arrested on the four charges Monday and taken to the Carroll County Detention Center, where he remains lodged.
http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp...
According to the Carroll County Detention website he is only being charged with the DUI 1st Offense...why aren't the other charges showing up? Is he really being charged with those or is just what they are telling everyone he was indicted with so everyone would shut up????

http://www.carrolldetention.com/carroll_inmat...
Whut

United States

#320 Oct 16, 2013
Grand jury indictment >>> CCDC website.
Anonymous

Greenfield, IN

#321 Oct 16, 2013
So easy for you all to sit there and judge. Yes it was a tragedy, but it could've happened to anyone, think about that. What would do if you were in his shoes? And hearing, seeing people talk bad about you? Both families need to grieve leave them be, let God and the law handle it. Yes his life is over, he'll have this hanging over his head for the rest of his life. I'm not saying what he did was right, but step back for a minute..It was a freak accident, that could happen to anyone. Name calling is not going to bring Mike back.
wow

Lexington, KY

#322 Oct 16, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
So easy for you all to sit there and judge. Yes it was a tragedy, but it could've happened to anyone, think about that. What would do if you were in his shoes? And hearing, seeing people talk bad about you? Both families need to grieve leave them be, let God and the law handle it. Yes his life is over, he'll have this hanging over his head for the rest of his life. I'm not saying what he did was right, but step back for a minute..It was a freak accident, that could happen to anyone. Name calling is not going to bring Mike back.
Yes it could have happened to anyone, but I can GUARANTEE if it would have happened to me I would have been stone cold sober. I do not drink and drive. I do not drink. So I would have been in my right mind to make a rational decision under the circumstances. If this person was under the influence of alcohol that is a game changer.
lol

Carrollton, KY

#324 Oct 17, 2013
hey truthbe known just so you know if you are in house arrest and have to wear an ankle bracelet, they keep you labeled as you are in jail. Before you try to play know it all know what you are talking about.
wow

Lexington, KY

#325 Oct 17, 2013
lol wrote:
hey truthbe known just so you know if you are in house arrest and have to wear an ankle bracelet, they keep you labeled as you are in jail. Before you try to play know it all know what you are talking about.
Duh house arrest and jail are two different things!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 25 min The Quiet Place 9,058
34 m looking to have bi curious fun 1 hr GET DOWN TONIGHT 4
God bless president Trump 2 hr Tea Party Patriot 25
Does Anyone Know Starr Richardson? What's Up Wi... 3 hr Rodger Dodger 1
Dollar General claims adjuster 4 hr JeffSN45 6
adam martinez 5 hr Cheetahwoman 27
College help for single mom. 7 hr cray 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages