Carrollton man hit, killed while walking along Hwy. 227

Oct 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHAS11

A Carrollton man is dead after police said he was struck by drunken driver while walking along Highway 227 Tuesday night.

Comments
181 - 200 of 247 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2013
A Friend

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#277
Oct 14, 2013
 
thank god wrote:
Now the charges all have came out.... it does make u feel a little better knowing that trust me I was in the courtroom..
hopefuly it's more than just DUI 1st off, Because he has not went to court for the first one.What happen to leaving the scene, not rendering aid....And last but not least killing a man. Really!!!
the truth

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#279
Oct 14, 2013
 
if you do not live in carrollton it is none of your concern
thank god

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#280
Oct 14, 2013
 
Facts wrote:
Has the chargers changed?
Yes they have and there are more also but will not put on here sorry.
WAYLON

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#283
Oct 14, 2013
 
A Friend wrote:
<quoted text>hopefuly it's more than just DUI 1st off, Because he has not went to court for the first one.What happen to leaving the scene, not rendering aid....And last but not least killing a man. Really!!!
HE HAS A PENDING DUI IN GALLATIN COUNTY KY , 2ND. DUI AND MANSLAUGHTER IN CARROLL COUNTY , AND THEY GOT HIM AGAIN TODAY FOR DUI
WAYLON

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#284
Oct 14, 2013
 
ha wrote:
Why is he only charged with DUI? And it says 1st offense.. Everyone knows its his second!! This man will get away with what he has done!!! Crooked a$$ town!
HE HAS A DUI IN GALLATIN COUNTY KY., 2ND DUI AND MANSLAUGHTER IN CARROLL COUNTY , THEN THEY GOT HIM AGAIN JUST TODAY FOR DUI
last but not least

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285
Oct 14, 2013
 
Look hes back in Jail because he broke his bond reatrictions on his prior dui by killin michael. . . Duh use ur mind its gonna b ok i know it will
today

Carrollton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#286
Oct 14, 2013
 
He is back in jail. I think he is in jail today for the first DUI. Very confusing! I pray for both families!
Stupid

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#287
Oct 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

WAYLON wrote:
<quoted text> HE HAS A PENDING DUI IN GALLATIN COUNTY KY , 2ND. DUI AND MANSLAUGHTER IN CARROLL COUNTY , AND THEY GOT HIM AGAIN TODAY FOR DUI
They absolutely did NOT "get him today for another DUI". You are insane and pathetic. You have no idea what your talking about. Why must you tell lies and start rumors. Does it make your own low life feel better?
OMG

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288
Oct 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

today wrote:
He is back in jail. I think he is in jail today for the first DUI. Very confusing! I pray for both families!
You are wrong. Please stop assuming you have a clue and just wait. Rumors do nothing but make the liar feel better about their own life's shortcomings.
suggestion

Carrollton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#289
Oct 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Hey why not turn this tragic into something good? I noticed more people walking to or from work since that accident....... there really is no place to walk but at the edge of the road. We need sidewalks, why not have the county put in new sidewalks and do it in Michael's memory. So that just maybe we can prevent something like this from happening again.
Just a suggestion.

If you agree, we need to write letters to County Judge, Shorty Tomlinson.......
Or if you can think of something better pass it on.
okay

Taylorsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#290
Oct 14, 2013
 
suggestion wrote:
Hey why not turn this tragic into something good? I noticed more people walking to or from work since that accident....... there really is no place to walk but at the edge of the road. We need sidewalks, why not have the county put in new sidewalks and do it in Michael's memory. So that just maybe we can prevent something like this from happening again.
Just a suggestion.
If you agree, we need to write letters to County Judge, Shorty Tomlinson.......
Or if you can think of something better pass it on.


Not a bad idea at all I think the county should do that a lot of people do walk to and from a lot of the fast food joints and Walmart / kroger. I would like to add the county should do a crackdown no tolerance on DUI in mikes memory it wouldn't matter if there is a sidewalk or not if someone under the influence of drugs or alcohol is driving swerving all over the place. Im not bashing anyone I'm sure the sidewalk would help but kind of pointless if were going to let people drive under the influence!!!
thank god

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#291
Oct 14, 2013
 
suggestion wrote:
Hey why not turn this tragic into something good? I noticed more people walking to or from work since that accident....... there really is no place to walk but at the edge of the road. We need sidewalks, why not have the county put in new sidewalks and do it in Michael's memory. So that just maybe we can prevent something like this from happening again.
Just a suggestion.
If you agree, we need to write letters to County Judge, Shorty Tomlinson.......
Or if you can think of something better pass it on.
.

I so much agree
people

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#292
Oct 14, 2013
 
That's a good ideal put sidewalks in were they are needed please and dedicated to micheal along with street lights.. thank you
today

Carrollton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#294
Oct 14, 2013
 
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Please stop assuming you have a clue and just wait. Rumors do nothing but make the liar feel better about their own life's shortcomings.
I just posted my opinion! Liar? What?
cjb

Carrollton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#295
Oct 14, 2013
 
They are putting sidewalks in Carrollton; and yes they need one all along 227. there are people that walk that road constantly to and from work to places out by the interstate! Prayers to both families.
OMG

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#296
Oct 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

today wrote:
<quoted text>I just posted my opinion! Liar? What?
I'm sorry. Opinion is how you feel about a situation. Rumors are things people say that are not true.
A Friend

Carrollton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#297
Oct 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

cjb wrote:
They are putting sidewalks in Carrollton; and yes they need one all along 227. there are people that walk that road constantly to and from work to places out by the interstate! Prayers to both families.
The sidewalks are a great ideal, but lets not forget this young man WAS off the road. He got hit by someone that was A. Drunk ,B.Not paying mind to what he was doing.C.After being hit was left to DIE. So were sidewalks are a great thing, not drinking and driving is even a better ideal, And when you choose to do so there should be harder punishment .If a person gets behind that wheel and kills,and then leaves ,SHOULD NEVER HAVE HIS OR HER DRIVEN PRIVALGES BACK EVER. They show the des respect of other humans. Why give them a second chance? The Laws need to be changed!!!!
pet

Nabb, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#298
Oct 14, 2013
 
thank god wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they have and there are more also but will not put on here sorry.
might as well they will come out sooner or later
Laura

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#299
Oct 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

suggestion wrote:
Hey why not turn this tragic into something good? I noticed more people walking to or from work since that accident....... there really is no place to walk but at the edge of the road. We need sidewalks, why not have the county put in new sidewalks and do it in Michael's memory. So that just maybe we can prevent something like this from happening again.
Just a suggestion.
If you agree, we need to write letters to County Judge, Shorty Tomlinson.......
Or if you can think of something better pass it on.


I really think that would be a good idea. Good thinking. But I also think people should just stop, and let him rest in peace
citizen

Underwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#300
Oct 14, 2013
 
Ok I do know the facts and I will be glad to prove them to you...CLAY CABLE does not golf and was not there. I am his son in law and live with them...I can guarantee he was not there!
Heard it was his son in Wheatley with him...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••