Fire at The Park at Hurstbourne

Fire at The Park at Hurstbourne

Posted in the Louisville Forum

DaniC

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 20, 2012
I was not shocked to find out that the cause of this fire was electrical in nature. Mtce. is half assed at best here.
The outlet in my sons room was sparking and sizzling a few months ago. We called emergency mtce and they just had us turn off the power to that room then the next day he came and looked at it and said "Oh.. its just some loose wires" Really? No big deal? I hate these neglegent bastards.
Any more input on HPA

Simpsonville, KY

#2 Aug 20, 2012
We were thinking of moving into these apartments very soon and I was wondering if any other people on here have anything good, bad, indifferent so say about these apartments. The ladies in the sales office seem to CONSTANTLY be busy "showing, renting, ect" these places and they seem in "high demand" from the outside. Can anyone provide me some more information on what "the real deal" is once you live in them. I spoke to a few people when we visited, who lived there, and they spoke highly of the changes that have been made in the last couple years, but I would like to ask for more input so I can make a "sound decision" reguarding a move there before we commit. I was told 5-6 police live there and are paid to ride around and "police the area" during the night as an off-duty sort of job, is this true? Any help would be apprecaited and thank you for any and all your comments/help ahead of time.
sarah

Louisville, KY

#3 Aug 20, 2012
Any more input on HPA wrote:
We were thinking of moving into these apartments very soon and I was wondering if any other people on here have anything good, bad, indifferent so say about these apartments. The ladies in the sales office seem to CONSTANTLY be busy "showing, renting, ect" these places and they seem in "high demand" from the outside. Can anyone provide me some more information on what "the real deal" is once you live in them. I spoke to a few people when we visited, who lived there, and they spoke highly of the changes that have been made in the last couple years, but I would like to ask for more input so I can make a "sound decision" reguarding a move there before we commit. I was told 5-6 police live there and are paid to ride around and "police the area" during the night as an off-duty sort of job, is this true? Any help would be apprecaited and thank you for any and all your comments/help ahead of time.
honestly, i was a bit worried when i first moved in because i read the reviews. but you have to think about how many people have gotten evicted, and the place is huge, so i'm sure quite a few... people go to the internet to complain about everything. i've been living here since march and haven't had any problems. there are noisy bass cars that go by every now and then, but that's with every complex. i haven't had any problems yet, but i'm pretty quiet and keep to myself and do what i'm supposed to. the plumbing here does suck, though. but you get used to it. it doesn't smell or anything, just a low flush point.
Revelations

United States

#4 Aug 20, 2012
pay police to ride around while off duty? Wow, they as ''public servants'' should do it anyway....oh but wait, they arent public servants anymore are they? Now days they are no better than government gangsters and extortionists. Such a disgusting display of selfishness.
Cindy

Lexington, KY

#6 Aug 20, 2012
Any more input on HPA wrote:
I was not evicted, I left. The place was horrible. There were shootings in apt building down from us. And we lived on the third floor, someone got into attic and cut thru the ceiling of neighbors apt. and broke into there house that way. I had just gotten home from having a baby after this happened and knew that I could not be in my house all day knowing that could easily happen again. Besides the crime there , someone knocked down my husbands motorcycle, I saw cars that had been broken in to (crime again). Its a horrible place.

I lived there back in 2004 then we moved because of military.When I came back to louisville I moved back there thinking it was as good in 2004, I was wrong. I would urge anyone that is looking to live a crime-free life in a good complex or area ... DO NOT MOVE IN!!!
Cindy

Lexington, KY

#7 Aug 20, 2012
As far as the police being paid. When someone broke into the neighbors apt next door a rent-a-cop ( similar to what you see driving around a walmart parking lot) showed up from these apts.
General

Louisville, KY

#8 Jan 27, 2013
They lit on fire again on January 19th 2013. Less than five months from the previous fire. I hope all occupants are able to find more suitable housing.
Thomas

Louisville, KY

#9 May 1, 2013
I've lived here since 2009 and it has gotten worse every year. When my lease is up, I'm getting out of here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what are the areas to avoid? 3 hr Ramirez 32
It Was A first Time For Me 3 hr Tommy 13
LMPD COPS- abuse of authority 5 hr Ramirez 3
an actual transexual post (Jun '13) 10 hr fresh 10
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 11 hr Ramirez 102
Best bars in Louisville(not 4th St) (Oct '13) 13 hr Yep 10
Louisville residents, spend our money in Indiana 19 hr Thomas Jefferson 2
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE