Should dee jays not talk over songs?

Should dee jays not talk over songs?

Posted in the Louisville Forum

Radio listener

Louisville, KY

#1 Sep 24, 2013
I feel the dee jays should keep their mouths shut from the first instrumental notes of the song to the last for the sake of the integrity of the song, except in obvious cases where they would
interrupt it for important news headlines or emergency warnings.

If a radio station feels that they need X amount of time to air their commercials, etc., then take that into effect and play fewer songs to fit those in. I feel WAKY Radio is one of the bigger offenders where the dee jays are regularly seeing how long they can talk over the (instrumental part) of a song right before the singing begins.

While a song is playing, it should have the most importance, not some dee jay who could say what needs to be said righr before the first notes or after the song is done.
Ballz Ez-Hari

Lexington, KY

#2 Sep 24, 2013
I'm so glad you're worrying about radio songs and not the state of the economy or the impending war in Syria.

SMH

Texian

“One Nation, under God”

Level 4

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#3 Sep 24, 2013
Ballz Ez-Hari wrote:
I'm so glad you're worrying about radio songs and not the state of the economy or the impending war in Syria.
SMH
Your forgetting how important SELF-PLEASURES are to most today .. they might have to "THINK" or something and the "masters" do NOT want that, so they OBEY the "voice" of the "talking head" just as Orwell predicted .. unfortunately
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#4 Sep 24, 2013
This is Kentucky, land of the ignorant.......
Radio listener

Louisville, KY

#5 Sep 24, 2013
Ballz Ez-Hari wrote:
I'm so glad you're worrying about radio songs and not the state of the economy or the impending war in Syria.
SMH
You're a mental midget. It should have to be an insult to tell anyone such as you, or the next two repliers who commented, that what I posted has *zero* indication about what political matters I am already concerned about!

You are all non-argument-making fumb ducks who knee-jump and use the false tactic of making presumptions of what to launch your attacks from. All of you get lost!
Global 13

Detroit, MI

#6 Sep 24, 2013
Radio listener wrote:
<quoted text>You're a mental midget. It should have to be an insult to tell anyone such as you, or the next two repliers who commented, that what I posted has *zero* indication about what political matters I am already concerned about!
You are all non-argument-making fumb ducks who knee-jump and use the false tactic of making presumptions of what to launch your attacks from. All of you get lost!
you've lost. You're a sheep
UK BLUE

Ashburn, VA

#7 Sep 27, 2013
Radio listener wrote:
I feel the dee jays should keep their mouths shut from the first instrumental notes of the song to the last for the sake of the integrity of the song, except in obvious cases where they would
interrupt it for important news headlines or emergency warnings.
If a radio station feels that they need X amount of time to air their commercials, etc., then take that into effect and play fewer songs to fit those in. I feel WAKY Radio is one of the bigger offenders where the dee jays are regularly seeing how long they can talk over the (instrumental part) of a song right before the singing begins.
While a song is playing, it should have the most importance, not some dee jay who could say what needs to be said righr before the first notes or after the song is done.
I totally agree. I have got to where I change the station when those big mouthed radio personalities behave like this. Satellite radio or NPR. Get with the program or loses your listening audience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Finally!! 4 hr holly 11
Perry Shananaquet (Dec '10) 7 hr Faye 3
how to get out of paying child support 14 hr Fred 2
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 22 hr Alfred 4,125
Jack Harlow 23 hr MarkVest_ 1
Glenview Park Subdivision (Apr '12) Wed William 47
News Louisville off-duty officers told to disarm or ... (Dec '15) Wed Steven Deaks 45

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages