It won't be nothing

#1 Nov 4, 2008
President Obama !!!!
sad

Clarksville, TN

#2 Nov 4, 2008
Phoenix97 wrote:
President Obama !!!!
How sad for our country. There was truly no one worthwhile running. What a pity that's what we've come to.
W is gone baby gone

Shallotte, NC

#3 Nov 4, 2008
I hope that all politicians learn the lessons of this and the '06 elections. The duty of Congress is to represent the people. It is not their duty to act as a rubber stamp for any President. Obama ran a campaign that never stumbled - the only campaign that didn't. He is by nature a consensus builder. I haven't felt this good in 8 years.
sad

Clarksville, TN

#5 Nov 4, 2008
W is gone baby gone wrote:
I hope that all politicians learn the lessons of this and the '06 elections. The duty of Congress is to represent the people. It is not their duty to act as a rubber stamp for any President. Obama ran a campaign that never stumbled - the only campaign that didn't. He is by nature a consensus builder. I haven't felt this good in 8 years.
Conversely, it is the worst I've felt about us in years. I'm even one of the young 'hip' ones who should have liked him. We've been seduced into a sham.
youbigdummy

Germany

#6 Nov 4, 2008
congrats obama !!

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Level 8

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

#7 Nov 5, 2008
Amen!!! I know how you feel about the politicians putting their special interest before the country, and I agree with your post 100%!!! The republicans had it coming for what they did to our country, they forgot that America is for the people, by the people!! Obama and the rest of the democrats had better remember this lesson as well!! Or there will be another flushing in 2012, however I have no illusions about this win for Obama. Obama has inherited a broke America, if not a broken America. Obama will have to work extra hard to right what is wrong with America after the past eight years of W..

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Level 8

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

#8 Nov 5, 2008
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Conversely, it is the worst I've felt about us in years. I'm even one of the young 'hip' ones who should have liked him. We've been seduced into a sham.
Like most Americans I felt that America was a runaway train with George W. Bush as the conductor. We had to put someone else aboard the train to at least slow the train down. Obama seem to be the only person that could be trusted for the job...IMO
britney

United States

#9 Nov 5, 2008
Phoenix97 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most Americans I felt that America was a runaway train with George W. Bush as the conductor. We had to put someone else aboard the train to at least slow the train down. Obama seem to be the only person that could be trusted for the job...IMO
ok Mr. Phoneix,time to quit work and enjoy all this wealth that will be spread around.Where do i signup at????
duh

New Albany, IN

#10 Nov 5, 2008
britney wrote:
<quoted text>ok Mr. Phoneix,time to quit work and enjoy all this wealth that will be spread around.Where do i signup at????
the same place you get your food stamps & welfare!

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#11 Nov 5, 2008
President-elect Barack Obama will inherit on Jan. 20 the worst financial crisis in 70 years and two wars.

Seems a staggering task,hope he's up for it.

Since: Aug 08

Clarksville, TN

#12 Nov 5, 2008
Again, the blind leading the blind.

This race was fix from the start. Even the judges okay for false voter fraud as okay.

I bet President of Iran and Venzuela are happy, their partner in crime was elected.
pokey

Burkesville, KY

#13 Nov 5, 2008
wheres the kkk
kingphlatus

Clarksville, TN

#14 Nov 5, 2008
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad for our country. There was truly no one worthwhile running. What a pity that's what we've come to.
What a pity indeed when a self made highly educated man, 1/2 white 1/2 african american can garner the votes needed to win Virginia, Florida and North Carolina and become president of the USA. What ever happened to nepotism, where is George Wallace in our time of need?
Bible truth

Glasgow, KY

#15 Nov 5, 2008
Here's what the Bible say's Christians are to do - which is quit easy if we would but humble ourselves (black or white) to God's word.

1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings, be made for all men;

1Ti 2:2 for kings and all that are in high place; that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and gravity.

1Ti 2:3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour.

1Pe 2:13 Be subject to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether to the king, as supreme;

1Pe 2:14 or unto governors, as sent by him for vengeance on evil-doers and for praise to them that do well.

1Pe 2:15 For so is the will of God, that by well-doing ye should put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

1Pe 2:16 as free, and not using your freedom for a cloak of wickedness, but as bondservants of God.

1Pe 2:17 Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers: for there is no power but of God; and the powers that be are ordained of God.

Rom 13:2 Therefore he that resisteth the power, withstandeth the ordinance of God: and they that withstand shall receive to themselves judgment.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. And wouldest thou have no fear of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise from the same:

Rom 13:4 for he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is a minister of God, an avenger for wrath to him that doeth evil.

Rom 13:5 Wherefore ye must needs be in subjection, not only because of the wrath, but also for conscience' sake.

Rom 13:6 For this cause ye pay tribute also; for they are ministers of God's service, attending continually upon this very thing.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#16 Nov 5, 2008
STOP pOSTING BIBLE VERSES IN EVERY FORUM YOU FREAKIN SPAMMER !!!!!
richard

Evansville, IN

#17 Nov 5, 2008
Phoenix97 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!!! I know how you feel about the politicians putting their special interest before the country, and I agree with your post 100%!!! The republicans had it coming for what they did to our country, they forgot that America is for the people, by the people!! Obama and the rest of the democrats had better remember this lesson as well!! Or there will be another flushing in 2012, however I have no illusions about this win for Obama. Obama has inherited a broke America, if not a broken America. Obama will have to work extra hard to right what is wrong with America after the past eight years of W..
You are so wrong. This country has never bene broke. And i doubt this country will ever be broke. We might sometimes have failed leader, and we might sometimes not do all of what the world expects but we are for ever and always America. Now fact is Obama has a hell of a big job ahead. I pray he has wisdom and courage to do what is best for everyone instead of his own pocketbook and those of the useless special intrests. And if he dosent he need not wait until 2012 but 2010 will be a referendum on his presdecey. IT happened under Clinton. He had a house and senate to do his bidding and flushed his chance away. It turned out to be great because he had a repub congress that both sides were forced to work together. So i say Good Luck Mr President.Keep America great. Palin*Jindal 2012
richard

Evansville, IN

#18 Nov 5, 2008
Phoenix97 wrote:
President Obama !!!!
u stayed up late just to write that didnt u? lol
britney

United States

#19 Nov 5, 2008
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
the same place you get your food stamps & welfare!
are you Mr. Phoneix if not shut the f@@k up ,reply only if i am referring to you.....
KINGPHLATUS

Clarksville, TN

#20 Nov 5, 2008
richard wrote:
<quoted text>You are so wrong. This country has never bene broke. And i doubt this country will ever be broke. We might sometimes have failed leader, and we might sometimes not do all of what the world expects but we are for ever and always America. Now fact is Obama has a hell of a big job ahead. I pray he has wisdom and courage to do what is best for everyone instead of his own pocketbook and those of the useless special intrests. And if he dosent he need not wait until 2012 but 2010 will be a referendum on his presdecey. IT happened under Clinton. He had a house and senate to do his bidding and flushed his chance away. It turned out to be great because he had a repub congress that both sides were forced to work together. So i say Good Luck Mr President.Keep America great. Palin*Jindal 2012
Jindal is the kind of conservative that I am down with, Palin...not so much.
yes you can

New York, NY

#21 Nov 5, 2008
Obama will be more centrist and unifying than most people think. I predict he goes down as one of the greatest Presidents ever. The stage is set.

I also think this loss will cause some introspection in the Republican party and they will be better for it. They need to move back to the honorable ideas of limited government and personal responsibility. For the last 15 years or more it's been all about vilifying opponents, manipulating the fears and predjudices of voters, and governing under a shroud of secrecy.

Thankfully that strategy has officially been proven a failure and forcefully rejected. Transparency, inclusion, intelligence, optimism, pragmatism..this is where it's at.

Feels good to be proud of our country again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of Cindy Venture 2 hr Notthefather 14
Tiffany Embry 6 hr Chyanne 1
News Muhammad Ali's hometown of Louisville remembers... 10 hr Patriot 59
Information Technology jobs (Feb '11) 12 hr American 4
Divorced dating 12 hr Dude 2
Snaps: kinda like cheetos, remember? (Feb '09) 14 hr zirna72 8
this is what happens when you flirt with south ... 16 hr Protect Yourself 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages