Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

“Education Summer” is designed to educate Kentucky about the truth concerning cannabis hemp, the plant that our state depended on for so many years. We are getting the conversation started with volunteers all over the state. The facts are there. Before you judge someone unjustly, do the research and find out for yourself.

http://state-journal.com/opinion/2012/07/20/l...
Mary Jane Warner

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

puff puff oh what a joy!!!

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

American

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

KyVetforMedMJ wrote:
“Education Summer” is designed to educate Kentucky about the truth concerning cannabis hemp, the plant that our state depended on for so many years. We are getting the conversation started with volunteers all over the state. The facts are there. Before you judge someone unjustly, do the research and find out for yourself.
http://state-journal.com/opinion/2012/07/20/l...
. I know the University of Utah has researched and proven that the THC content will seek out and kill certain canser cells that cause brain tumors. In WW2 it was proven the best material for making rope for the big warships the salt water wouldn't destroy them and make them rot as it does today with the nylon.
Don

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

American wrote:
<quoted text>. I know the University of Utah has researched and proven that the THC content will seek out and kill certain canser cells that cause brain tumors. In WW2 it was proven the best material for making rope for the big warships the salt water wouldn't destroy them and make them rot as it does today with the nylon.
Put up a source for your claim that it has been proven that THC will seek out and destroy cancer cells in the brain.
not completely worthless

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Put up a source for your claim that it has been proven that THC will seek out and destroy cancer cells in the brain.
He can't and there is no study that proves that mary jane cures cancer .
It has some value when used in the refined form for relief of nausea .

Level 1

Prospect, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

was once one of americas major crops used for rope.

Level 1

Prospect, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

a temp fix and that is it not a miricle of any means.

Level 2

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Don wrote:
<quoted text>
hows this? http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 2

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

not completely worthless wrote:
<quoted text> He can't and there is no study that proves that mary jane cures cancer .
It has some value when used in the refined form for relief of nausea .
stfu http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Truth

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Marijuana does cause cancer, and even more so in most cases than cigarettes. It it usually smoked without a filter, as cigarettes are, and the smoke is often held in the lungs for a longer period than cigarette smoke. I think one joint = a 20 pack of cigarettes as far as carcinogens. Marijuana, however, lacks over 200 other toxic chemicals in the smoke that cigarettes have.
I'm all for legalization of marijuana fully and completely, but don't fool yourselves into believing that it is completely harmless. It's obviously nowhere near as harmful to your body and mind as other drugs, like cocaine or heroin, or even alcohol. But it does its damage.
Maryjane my main thing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Where's the good smoke at

Level 2

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Truth wrote:
Marijuana does cause cancer, and even more so in most cases than cigarettes. It it usually smoked without a filter, as cigarettes are, and the smoke is often held in the lungs for a longer period than cigarette smoke. I think one joint = a 20 pack of cigarettes as far as carcinogens. Marijuana, however, lacks over 200 other toxic chemicals in the smoke that cigarettes have.
I'm all for legalization of marijuana fully and completely, but don't fool yourselves into believing that it is completely harmless. It's obviously nowhere near as harmful to your body and mind as other drugs, like cocaine or heroin, or even alcohol. But it does its damage.
I wish you people would do your research before shoot your mouth off.
ScienceDaily (Apr. 17, 2007)— The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread, say researchers at Harvard University who tested the chemical in both lab and mouse studies.
They say this is the first set of experiments to show that the compound, Delta-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), inhibits EGF-induced growth and migration in epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) expressing non-small cell lung cancer cell lines. Lung cancers that over-express EGFR are usually highly aggressive and resistant to chemotherapy.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/...
TJV

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

KyVetforMedMJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you people would do your research before shoot your mouth off.
ScienceDaily (Apr. 17, 2007)— The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread, say researchers at Harvard University who tested the chemical in both lab and mouse studies.
They say this is the first set of experiments to show that the compound, Delta-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), inhibits EGF-induced growth and migration in epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) expressing non-small cell lung cancer cell lines. Lung cancers that over-express EGFR are usually highly aggressive and resistant
to chemotherapy.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/...
Alright, Mr. Know it ALL. Let me ask you pharmacologically what and how does marijuana really reduce lung carcinoma and pain? What specific pain receptor sites does the marijuana affect? Just because the liberal Harvard Research Laboratory says it does this and this is very questionable as they lean left and are in the boat with those who wish to legalize a recreational drug under the guise of it being a miracle cure all. UGH! I, being a former laboratory technologist and registered nurse, I know this is a bunch of bunk.
The tar in marijuana(mary-jane)is a lot more prevelent than that of cigarettes. Cigarettes have carcinogens especially in the paper that are wrapped around the tabacco, plus the chemicals in the processing of the tabacco. Now, lets get real, and if we really want to get rid of pain and misery; lets legalize opium for everyone who wishes to smoke a clay pipe. Then they can really get high and control their pain. Why not?
Morphine is a pain derivative of opium; so why go through the trouble of processing opium to make morphine, by just letting them legalize it instead of marajuana, which is actually a lot weaker and takes more joints to smoke to aquire the so called medicinal affects of marajuana pain relief and reduction of the so-called miracle lung carcinoma cure????

Level 2

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

TJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, Mr. Know it ALL. Let me ask you pharmacologically what and how does marijuana really reduce lung carcinoma and pain? What specific pain receptor sites does the marijuana affect? Just because the liberal Harvard Research Laboratory says it does this and this is very questionable as they lean left and are in the boat with those who wish to legalize a recreational drug under the guise of it being a miracle cure all. UGH! I, being a former laboratory technologist and registered nurse, I know this is a bunch of bunk.
The tar in marijuana(mary-jane)is a lot more prevelent than that of cigarettes. Cigarettes have carcinogens especially in the paper that are wrapped around the tabacco, plus the chemicals in the processing of the tabacco. Now, lets get real, and if we really want to get rid of pain and misery; lets legalize opium for everyone who wishes to smoke a clay pipe. Then they can really get high and control their pain. Why not?
Morphine is a pain derivative of opium; so why go through the trouble of processing opium to make morphine, by just letting them legalize it instead of marajuana, which is actually a lot weaker and takes more joints to smoke to aquire the so called medicinal affects of marajuana pain relief and reduction of the so-called miracle lung carcinoma cure????
'
Change your spx...try this... http://www.examiner.com/article/marijuana-a-c...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mitch McConnell 16 min hovel 22
Debate: Gay Marriage - Louisville, KY (Jul '10) 2 hr Disgusted 275
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 10 hr Anne 52 81,549
ann luckett dentist 14 hr me 9
Why are Louisville drivers so bad?? (Sep '08) 15 hr LouisvilleKYreport 12
LMPD finds body of a man in rock quarry near So... 15 hr LouisvilleKYreport 3
Louisville doctor facing charges for prescripti... (Jun '12) 16 hr Steven 9
•••
•••