First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just an observation

Louisville, KY

#22 Mar 13, 2014
Bobbies wrote:
Cops should not carry guns. They should wear bullet proof vests and helmets, and should travel in groups, so if someone starts shooting at them, they will be able to subdue that person without guns. When society starts trusting cops with guns, that's the start of the road to a totalitarian dictatorship. We've been on that road for hundreds of years now, and we keep getting closer to that dictatorship. Is it too late to take a detour and find another route?
First, there is no such thing as a bullet proof vest. There are bullet resistant vests, but they don't stop ALL types of bullets and those difficult criminals haven't yet let cops know in advance what kind of guns and ammo they plan on using on any given day.
Second, just suggesting that an unarmed group of people should try to subdue an armed assailant shows just how stupid you are.
Finally, its not when society gives guns to cops that oppression starts, it's when the government disarms it's citizens. So, as suggested, try England out because that's where they do exactly as you preach. Cheers
just an observation

Louisville, KY

#23 Mar 13, 2014
I suppose I should throw a caveat out as far as an unarmed group of people attempting to subdue an armed assailant. I will agree in certain circumstances, such as those aboard Flight 93 during the 9/11 attacks, where the potential outcome could arguably be no worse than taking no action at all, this approach could be justifiable. But within the context presented in this thread it makes no sense at all.
Happy ending

Shepherdsville, KY

#24 Mar 13, 2014
A fugitive bank robber was killed by two brave Deputy sheriffs in Louisville, Ky. this week saving the government hundreds of thousands of taxpayer's dollars in trial expenses and the cost of keeping the criminal in prison while he files law suits and wants to be able to vote..
ladybug

United States

#25 Mar 13, 2014
just an observation wrote:
Cops don't shoot to wound, orto kill for that matter. They shoot to stop the threat. It's just too damn bad the best place to do that is center mass. Plus, it's a lot less likely they will miss and accidently hit you or yours. As for a taser, cops typically don't respond to deadly force with lesser force. If anyone out here doesn't think a knife is deadly, I suggest you revisit the OJ Simspon or Manson family murderer cases.
One thing no one has pointed out is that if the deputies really just wanted to shoot the guy, they could have done it when ie first brandished the knife at the house. Hmmm.....why didn't they do that??? Oh that's right...he was running away. Obviously they didn't shoot him until he stopped and forced them to do so.
Finally, lets not forget that he was actually wanted on federal warrants for armed bank robbery. But I don't care if it were for jaywalking...you attack a law enforcement officer with a knife, you are bought and paaid for.
O.J. is a BIG guy who was hiding in the bushes waiting for his victim's and the Manson family WAY outnumbered their victims. They don't even compare to two deputies BOTH shooting One guy with a knife and from HOW MANY FEET AWAY ? If they are so afraid, MAYBE they should have desk jobs after they come back to work from the Paid Vacation they are yon now.
ladybug

United States

#26 Mar 13, 2014
Happy ending wrote:
A fugitive bank robber was killed by two brave Deputy sheriffs in Louisville, Ky. this week saving the government hundreds of thousands of taxpayer's dollars in trial expenses and the cost of keeping the criminal in prison while he files law suits and wants to be able to vote..
BRAVE deputies ??....are you lost in space somewhere??
billy

United States

#27 Mar 13, 2014
just an observation wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then perhaps you should have read the article before commenting. Then you would know that one, they were attacked, and two, they weren't chasing the wrong guy. A soon as the soon to be corpse began fleeing from the deputies, even though they went to the house looking for someone else, they were chasing the RIGHT guy.
ATTACKED? Only one person was attacked and that was with bullets.
billy

United States

#28 Mar 13, 2014
Dont Shoot wrote:
I don't like going to Louisville, Ky. any longer to shop. I'm always worried that a policeman will pull me over for speeding and just shoot me. It seem the police just like to kill for the fun of it. Louisville is worse than Los Angeles.
and it seems no one on here wants to admit that there ARE a lot of BAD police officers. Just as there are good and bad people in All professions. But police officers are allowed to carry weapons. And sadly, Some of them ENJOY harming people . Some LIKE to hit people. Some LIKE to beat people. Some HATE women and LIKE to beat women. With today's technology , there are many videos that show police using UNNECESSARY BRUTAL FORCE. And thats just how it is in this would.
just an observation

Louisville, KY

#29 Mar 13, 2014
billy wrote:
<quoted text> and it seems no one on here wants to admit that there ARE a lot of BAD police officers. Just as there are good and bad people in All professions. But police officers are allowed to carry weapons. And sadly, Some of them ENJOY harming people . Some LIKE to hit people. Some LIKE to beat people. Some HATE women and LIKE to beat women. With today's technology , there are many videos that show police using UNNECESSARY BRUTAL FORCE. And thats just how it is in this would.
Though this has absolutely nothing to do with the story at hand, I don't think anyone will argue with you that there are bad people in all professions, including law enforcement. After all, law enforcement officers are human beings too. But this story doesn't have any of those type of officers in it.
just an observation

Louisville, KY

#30 Mar 13, 2014
ladybug wrote:
<quoted text> O.J. is a BIG guy who was hiding in the bushes waiting for his victim's and the Manson family WAY outnumbered their victims. They don't even compare to two deputies BOTH shooting One guy with a knife and from HOW MANY FEET AWAY ? If they are so afraid, MAYBE they should have desk jobs after they come back to work from the Paid Vacation they are yon now.
As to OJ, would you say that if Nicole and Ron had seen him coming at them with the knife, and one or both of them were armed with a gun, that they would have been entitled to use deadly force to stop him? Also, there were five victims at Sharon Tate's house and five members of the Manson family who did the killing that night. They were not WAY outnumbered.
It doesn't matter in the least how many deputies there were at the scene...no law enforcement officer is required to go hands on or use less than lethal force on someone who is trying to kill them. That's how it is for all law abiding citizens, uniformed or not.
Seer

Louisville, KY

#31 Mar 13, 2014
billy wrote:
<quoted text> and it seems no one on here wants to admit that there ARE a lot of BAD police officers. Just as there are good and bad people in All professions. But police officers are allowed to carry weapons. And sadly, Some of them ENJOY harming people . Some LIKE to hit people. Some LIKE to beat people. Some HATE women and LIKE to beat women. With today's technology , there are many videos that show police using UNNECESSARY BRUTAL FORCE. And thats just how it is in this would.
That is absolute nonsense. Citizens across this nation carry weapons. And are allowed to. Many, if not most, possess little, if any training. Most have little, or no training in adversarial confrontation, and or self defense. Far too many hit people, beat people, hate women, beat women, use brutal force, RAPE and KILL. These are your reasons for crusading against LEOs? LEOs should crusade against citizens. Citizens are far more threatening and dangerous and with liberals miminalizing the crimes and ultimately reducing or eliminating threats of incarceration or punishment, then just who is more threatening to you? To me? Scenario. Two beat cops responding to a complaint Friday night. Roll up, house party. Sixteen to eighteen drunk/stoned partiers, loud, belligerant, combative. Now where is the threat? Now you, as a witness are going to assist the LEOs how? You're part of the problem. So, shut up.
old school

United States

#33 Mar 24, 2014
Why was he not taZed???????? You KNOW they did not have to kill him. They got their PAID VACATION and its pretty obvious that you going to stand up for your fellow officers No Matter What.
just an observation

Louisville, KY

#34 Mar 26, 2014
old school wrote:
Why was he not taZed???????? You KNOW they did not have to kill him. They got their PAID VACATION and its pretty obvious that you going to stand up for your fellow officers No Matter What.
If someone was trying to shoot you, would you try to defend yourself with a baseball bat when you had a gun on your hip? I didn't think so. Deadly force should be met with same. I don't expect you to understand as you most likely don't know or understand anything about what happens when faced with a deadly assault. But the mere fact that you will not find in any policy and procedure manual of any law enforcement agency in the US a policy which dictates or recommends the use of less than lethal force when faced with deadly force should speak volumes as to how ridiculous your observation really is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Louisville, KY (Aug '14) 22 min Gggg 16
what is up with the black people in Louisville ky (Jan '12) 1 hr dww 87
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 7 hr save your souls 8,005
anton gill, great at bellarmine or wku! 22 hr A1-Fan 1
Poll Is Religion a Mental Illness ? Tue gary 18
jeffrey lynn haag ( sabre lane _ louisville ky (Aug '14) Tue Wales 10
help....my life is meaningless i think about su... (Jun '13) Tue shamed 46

Flood Warning for Jefferson County was issued at April 01 at 5:24PM EDT

More from around the web

Louisville People Search