TWO deputies shoot man

Posted in the Louisville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
really

United States

#1 Mar 12, 2014
IF they needed to use protection, why not taser him? And they both opened fire? The news stated he answered the door with a knife. And serving a warrant for non support. NOT for a violent offense. He opens door and has a knife and gets shot? They could have backed up a little and talked to him. They didn't have to kill him.
sad

United States

#2 Mar 12, 2014
if they were truly in fear, why not go back to their vehicle and call for help...backup? Sounds like they don't know how to do their jobs properly and maybe trigger happy..
UKfan

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Mar 12, 2014
Another piece of crap bites the dust. Who answers the door with a knife? You get within 20 feet of someone with a knife you are paid for. Do stupid shit and die stupid.
Seer

Louisville, KY

#4 Mar 12, 2014
So, which one of you were there when this happened? Can we conclude that no one posting has any idea what ACTUALLY did take place or what events led to the incident? The LEOs may have attempted to reason with this person. Did the guy lunge? The truth is they are under no obligation to "talk him down". They are trained and expected to protect their own lives and the lives of innocents. When a cop pops a perp it's a earth changing event. When some lowlife does the same thing, then bleeding hearts everywhere try to find someone else to blame for it. One foolish enough to confront me with a knife will find his or her funeral taking place sooner as opposed to later if my aim is true. My job is to save my life.
Dont Shoot

Louisville, KY

#5 Mar 12, 2014
I don't like going to Louisville, Ky. any longer to shop. I'm always worried that a policeman will pull me over for speeding and just shoot me. It seem the police just like to kill for the fun of it. Louisville is worse than Los Angeles.
simon

United States

#6 Mar 12, 2014
Really? I totally agree with ....If they were afraiid, then get back in their vehicle and get more back up OR just leave and let other officers come back for him. Really???shoot to KILL? If they HAD to shoot,why not in the legs? Why not tase him??? Two men can't handle ONE man with a knife? And two men HAD to fire their guns?? Why couldn't they knock the knife from his hand with their batons? I wouldn't be scared just because he had a knife, especially if I had another man with me...THERE ARE OTHER WAYS.
dawn

United States

#7 Mar 12, 2014
Maybe they just wanted a paid vacation. That's what happens when they KILL a person. Time off WITH PAY !!!!
dawn

United States

#8 Mar 12, 2014
Seer wrote:
So, which one of you were there when this happened? Can we conclude that no one posting has any idea what ACTUALLY did take place or what events led to the incident? The LEOs may have attempted to reason with this person. Did the guy lunge? The truth is they are under no obligation to "talk him down". They are trained and expected to protect their own lives and the lives of innocents. When a cop pops a perp it's a earth changing event. When some lowlife does the same thing, then bleeding hearts everywhere try to find someone else to blame for it. One foolish enough to confront me with a knife will find his or her funeral taking place sooner as opposed to later if my aim is true. My job is to save my life.
officer, what division do you work in ?
yep

United States

#9 Mar 12, 2014
dawn wrote:
Maybe they just wanted a paid vacation. That's what happens when they KILL a person. Time off WITH PAY !!!!
exactly.
Anony-Miss

Mount Washington, KY

#10 Mar 12, 2014
This is a dumb topic..next
Shivers

Mount Washington, KY

#11 Mar 12, 2014
I know right,I would rather talk about grass growing.
Corny

Mount Washington, KY

#12 Mar 12, 2014
I just took a poop and it had corn it it,am I dying?
Cops out of control

Guston, KY

#13 Mar 12, 2014
It's GuranteeEEEDD!! if you get shot by a cop you will be found with at least a butter knife in your hand. Makes me scared to answer the door anymore if it's a cop. I had 2 KSP troopers respond to a domestic dispute they came to my house late at night by mistake(wrong address). Scared the hell out of me no warrant nothing just broke my lock/hinge off the yard gate and barged in my house as soon as I opened the door. I reported them and asked what if I had answered the door with a gun. Their supervisor said " you might have been shot". That would have been unfortunate accident.
Seer

Louisville, KY

#14 Mar 12, 2014
Everyone is so quick to criticize and ultimately pass judgement simply based upon the "news" delivered to you by a liberal media. My life might be better if I too lived in some fantasy world fueled by those thoughts fed to me. Those damn cops! Funny though.... They're the first ones that you call when you face trouble. Now who is afraid and weak? And if your door is being kicked in, you own that intrusion for some reason if no other than your own history. If you're scared to answer the door to a LEO, then you have a reason to be.
Oh, yes. If your poop has corn in it, you are dying. Maybe slowly, but dying nonetheless. Sorry about that tragic news. Move along now.
Seer

Louisville, KY

#15 Mar 12, 2014
dawn wrote:
I guess you're referring to your first family right? The Obamas?
just an observation

Louisville, KY

#16 Mar 12, 2014
Cops don't shoot to wound, or to kill for that matter. They shoot to stop the threat. It's just too damn bad the best place to do that is center mass. Plus, it's a lot less likely they will miss and accidently hit you or yours. As for a taser, cops typically don't respond to deadly force with lesser force. If anyone out here doesn't think a knife is deadly, I suggest you revisit the OJ Simspon or Manson family murderer cases.
One thing no one has pointed out is that if the deputies really just wanted to shoot the guy, they could have done it when ie first brandished the knife at the house. Hmmm.....why didn't they do that??? Oh that's right...he was running away. Obviously they didn't shoot him until he stopped and forced them to do so.
Finally, lets not forget that he was actually wanted on federal warrants for armed bank robbery. But I don't care if it were for jaywalking...you attack a law enforcement officer with a knife, you are bought and paaid for.
ms tery

Bronx, NY

#17 Mar 12, 2014
Seer wrote:
Everyone is so quick to criticize and ultimaEXly pass judgement simply based upon the "news" delivered to you by a liberal media. My life might be better if I too lived in some fantasy world fueled by those thoughts fed to me. Those damn cops! Funny though.... They're the first ones that you call when you face trouble. Now who is afraid and weak? And if your door is being kicked in, you own that intrusion for some reason if no other than your own history. If you're scared to answer the door to a LEO, then you have a reason to be.
Oh, yes. If your poop has corn in it, you are dying. Maybe slowly, but dying nonetheless. Sorry about that tragic news. Move along now.
Oh really ? So it's perfectly alright for the cops to come to the WRONG address and barge in your door? And scare the hell out of you and you might have a heart attack because they came UNEXPECTEDLY or you might be a shook up scared mess because they BARGED IN UNEXPECTEDLY and get shot because of the way you react to JUST HAVING THE HELL SCARED OUT OF YOU?,,AND what IF you have NO criminal record at ALL ? Although if someone has a record, that would have NOTHING to do with the situation. What planet do you reside on ?...my response is not about the recent shooting . It's about your idiotic statements.
mojo

Bronx, NY

#18 Mar 12, 2014
just an observation wrote:
Cops don't shoot to wound, or to kill for that matter. They shoot to stop the threat. It's just too damn bad the best place to do that is center mass. Plus, it's a lot less likely they will miss and accidently hit you or yours. As for a taser, cops typically don't respond to deadly force with lesser force. If anyone out here doesn't think a knife is deadly, I suggest you revisit the OJ Simspon or Manson family murderer cases.
One thing no one has pointed out is that if the deputies really just wanted to shoot the guy, they could have done it when ie first brandished the knife at the house. Hmmm.....why didn't they do that??? Oh that's right...he was running away. Obviously they didn't shoot him until he stopped and forced them to do so.
Finally, lets not forget that he was actually wanted on federal warrants for armed bank robbery. But I don't care if it were for jaywalking...you attack a law enforcement officer with a knife, you are bought and paaid for.
...oh..I didn't know the guy ATTACKED A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER !.......The two deputies were even CHASING THE WRONG GUY.....TWO REAL PROFESSIONALS !...
Seer

Louisville, KY

#20 Mar 13, 2014
Bobbies wrote:
Cops should not carry guns. They should wear bullet proof vests and helmets, and should travel in groups, so if someone starts shooting at them, they will be able to subdue that person without guns. When society starts trusting cops with guns, that's the start of the road to a totalitarian dictatorship. We've been on that road for hundreds of years now, and we keep getting closer to that dictatorship. Is it too late to take a detour and find another route?
It isn't too late. England awaits you.
First point to consider is that LEOs are people first. Perhaps not nearly as perfect and infallible as many of you, but they are human. Secondly, if people weren't effed up, there would be no need for them. Many LEOs die while trying to help civilians. How many civilians perish while trying to help them? Overworked, under appreciated, and super scrutinized, but many continue to strap on the belt. Sure, they get something out of it, but they also provide a service to those incapable of providing for themselves. Typically, those complaining the loudest are the last ones to actually lift a hand to change anything. I wonder just how many LEOs have lost their lives because of stupid civilians. Too damn many. Civilians just like many of you. Look, just don't call. It would be easier to spend the shift at Dairy Freeze, than to risk ourselves while evildoers are thumping your heads and those of your children.
just an observation

Louisville, KY

#21 Mar 13, 2014
mojo wrote:
<quoted text>...oh..I didn't know the guy ATTACKED A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER !.......The two deputies were even CHASING THE WRONG GUY.....TWO REAL PROFESSIONALS !...
Well then perhaps you should have read the article before commenting. Then you would know that one, they were attacked, and two, they weren't chasing the wrong guy. A soon as the soon to be corpse began fleeing from the deputies, even though they went to the house looking for someone else, they were chasing the RIGHT guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 1 hr ForumCommando 63
KFC yum! center 1 hr ForumCommando 24
Review: Pettit Environmental 1 hr Angry Customer 1
In Search Of "Just Because" a Louisville underg... 2 hr In Search Of 1
Review - Dr Corbett plastic surgeon 3 hr Krissy 1
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 7 hr defeated 144
Cody Rumbaugh 8 hr sad 2
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web