Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants driver licenses

Posted in the Louisville Forum

Chylloh

AOL

#1 Nov 16, 2007
Sentinel Newspaper 11/16/07
(It seems Shelbyville, among other cities in KY are ready to give the illegal a free ride, with driver license)

Mayor:'Illegal' ID system a state issue
By Brent Schanding/Sentinel-News Staff Writer

Mayor Tom Hardesty Tuesday said city-issued IDs and other initiatives hyped by some as potential strategies for validating illegal immigrants should be left up to the state.
An independent commission tasked with investigating illegal immigration in Lexington last week recommended city leaders there model a photo ID system for its several thousands of suspected undocumented residents after a program in New Haven, Conn.
The commission also urged the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government to lobby Frankfort leaders to allow illegal immigrants to legally obtain drivers license.
But Lexington Mayor Jim Newberry said last week he would not support a local ID card system because there is no evidence it would really benefit people. Newberry also rejected lobbying efforts aimed at relaxing drivers license requirements for illegals, deferring the issue to state lawmakers.
Hardesty added that initiatives aimed at validating illegal immigrants could have hidden loopholes and unforeseen costs if implemented here.

To read the rest of the story go to http://www.sentinelnews.com/

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#2 Nov 16, 2007
WHO CARES !!!
jcmlb

La Grange, KY

#3 Nov 17, 2007
well hell why stop there, lets build them a new house ,get them a new car .PATHETIC
tom herron

United States

#4 Nov 17, 2007
Does anyone out there know what illegal mean???

Since: Jul 07

Arcanum, OH

#5 Nov 17, 2007
So far it means that if I am American, I will support a bunch from somewhere else while thay get off telling people what a great person they are and how great they work and for less than half of what an American can live on and pay bills. They have a job given, housing, food / or food stamps, no hospital bills and meds to pay for, and can go in and out of this country at will. They are the new AMERICANS. Now what do you call one who was born and raised here, who's family came here became Americans, who fought for this country? Who did things the right way?
ceejay

Louisville, KY

#6 Nov 17, 2007
The New York State Governor wanted to do the very same thing, and his constituents were so irate that they were ready to boot him from office. Needless to say, after further consideration and study that plan was shelved and rightly so!!!!
sergio gurrola

Owensboro, KY

#7 Mar 25, 2008
Hello my name is sergio, and I want that they know it, yes, I am Mexican..

i just want to share these words to people that such you see understand not it or do not know it

of the matter of the licenses for the imigrantes

in it personnel is a tool very util for you the Americans toward us the illegales

asi podran to verify and to have a record of each and one of the Mexicans that are stepping its land

it hurts me to tell it but so much is the need of the Mexican to to be working and to circulate in its streets that we give us the false task to request licenses (fake drivers licence)

And it themselves. I KNOW that is not good because if ANY illegal collides or kills someone JUST can give another name in the estacion of policE and leaves free without complying nothing of the laws therefore
I I am according to the American laws and tO I agree that many people be uncomfortable with us..

Now that alone I dedicate me to work and to my alone family remains me to say THANKS and I expect algun I gave it agan in all the pies so that if localisan to new illegales and they do not have legal licenses of the
pies of the United States that report it inmediatamenta to mexico..

if they desire to do A comment with pleasure I responded it or some answer ABOUT of the illegales and tricks I was shared them,,

ciao"" :: sergio
sergio gurrola

Owensboro, KY

#8 Mar 25, 2008
Hello my name is sergio, and I want that they know it, yes, I am Mexican..

i just want to share these words to people that such you see understand not it or do not know it

of the matter of the licenses for the imigrantes

in it personnel is a tool very util for you the Americans toward us the illegales

asi podran to verify and to have a record of each and one of the Mexicans that are stepping its land

it hurts me to tell it but so much is the need of the Mexican to to be working and to circulate in its streets that we give us the false task to request licenses (fake drivers licence)

And it themselves. I KNOW that is not good because if ANY illegal collides or kills someone JUST can give another name in the estacion of policE and leaves free without complying nothing of the laws therefore
I I am according to the American laws and tO I agree that many people be uncomfortable with us..

Now that alone I dedicate me to work and to my alone family remains me to say THANKS and I expect algun I gave it agan in all the pies so that if localisan to new illegales and they do not have legal licenses of the
pies of the United States that report it inmediatamenta to mexico..

if they desire to do A comment with pleasure I responded it or some answer ABOUT of the illegales and tricks I was shared them,,

ciao"" :: sergio-X-BOX@HOTMAIL.COM
Bob Sutton

Barbourville, KY

#9 Nov 21, 2012
I know several people from Mexico and they are good workers and are not looking for a hand out from the US government. They are here working or trying to get work to help support their families in Mexico. The going wage there is $12 per day for 12 hours. It is very hard for them.
These people need transportation to get back and forth to work, to get food, etc. Many drive without a license because they can't get one. So they are untrained. Let them get a special license, maybe not the same as a regular one for citizens but so they can drive legal, buy a car and purchase car insurance. That would help stimulate the economy and also be much better for everyone.
Revelations

United States

#10 Nov 21, 2012
most would not be insured, I gurantee that, and when they wreck into you because they dont know how to read and your out a car, we will see if you sing a different tune. Happened to me already in 2004, i got Tboned by a moron on her cell phone running a red light with no insurance. I had a great reliable car paid off. I had to put myself back in debt to get a new car and all because some selfish idiot with no regard to anyone else wanted to blabber with no insurance. Our government wages a war on americans and you FOOLS cant even see it, your ao scared you may hafta fight physically for your rights one day you just fold up and die. Pathetic white people, get your head out of your butts and wake the hell up!!!!!!
Republican

Collinsville, IL

#11 Nov 21, 2012
Lots of places have illegal drive no more problem than any one else, most have insurance, Its a good deal for our every one plus business. Tourist come here and drive
Nate Higgers

Louisville, KY

#12 Nov 21, 2012
Illegal in America means non-White or non-Asian.
incognito

Shelbyville, KY

#13 Nov 22, 2012
Bob Sutton wrote:
I know several people from Mexico and they are good workers and are not looking for a hand out from the US government. They are here working or trying to get work to help support their families in Mexico. The going wage there is $12 per day for 12 hours. It is very hard for them.
These people need transportation to get back and forth to work, to get food, etc. Many drive without a license because they can't get one. So they are untrained. Let them get a special license, maybe not the same as a regular one for citizens but so they can drive legal, buy a car and purchase car insurance. That would help stimulate the economy and also be much better for everyone.
That is not fair to the white boy who has also been caught without a license. They go to jail. They aren't given a special license and they have to work and take care of their families also. Sorry but they have been given TOO many breaks already that is not available to American born citizens. Require them to learn english, or at least give them the very same test in Spanish (since that is the language America is turning to). No more breaks unless government officials are willing to give the American the same breaks.
Revelations

United States

#14 Nov 22, 2012
The government is no longer for, of or by the people. We need real change...asap or face a dire future.
forallraces

Madison, TN

#16 Oct 10, 2014
What breaks have they been given . 1) they work for little wages cause they are illegal.2) they come here cause their gov is more messed up than ours well ever be. Can you imagine working for $5.00 a week . And for those who don't know America is made up of all races from many countries . 4) God made us all as equals none of us own one country or another God does so we have not right to stop someone from coming here.
Disgusted

Louisville, KY

#17 Oct 11, 2014
forallraces wrote:
What breaks have they been given . 1) they work for little wages cause they are illegal.2) they come here cause their gov is more messed up than ours well ever be. Can you imagine working for $5.00 a week . And for those who don't know America is made up of all races from many countries . 4) God made us all as equals none of us own one country or another God does so we have not right to stop someone from coming here.
So, does this mindset also apply to your home? Your parent's home? I'm fine with you permitting all of the illegals that you can afford to support to live in your home. You understand that you will be solely responsible for all actions, legal ramifications, financial requirements, and for insuring full compliance with all the laws applicable to this country's legal citizens. Your heart bleeds for the needs of the illegals and that is fine. You bear the burden of your loyalty. Don't ask anyone else to. I have my own family to support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KFC yum! center 5 hr Yep U of L fan 13
Tymberwood trace apts 5 hr Ready to move 1
Review: Allen's Moves Are Us (Jul '09) 16 hr givemeabreak 14
white girls or miexed 18 hr JCM 1
Mr. T 21 hr Hewasborninchicago 2
Small claims HELP 22 hr Help911 1
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) Tue ForumCommando 60
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville People Search