LeAnn

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 1, 2012
So I'm fairly new to Louisville and now that I'm settled in I need to get out and meet people. Soooo where are some good places to go? I'm not into the club scene.
info

United States

#2 Nov 30, 2012
There are plenty of museums and bowling is nice too.

“We are Legion”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

The Internet

#4 Dec 11, 2012
Same here, moved to the Okalona area and the only thing I have found is the Mall
Revelations

United States

#5 Dec 11, 2012
if you like arcade's louisville has an arcade expo every year in march.....google arcade rx
Really

United States

#6 Dec 11, 2012
WOW i lived in Louisville most of my life, There is a lot to do there! Zoo, musuems, bat musuem, look up louisville entertainment always something going on there. BELL OF LOUISVILLE, CHURCH HILL DOWNS. movies, live theater so so much to do.

“Merry”

Since: Jun 08

Christmas

#7 Dec 11, 2012
Really wrote:
WOW i lived in Louisville most of my life, There is a lot to do there! Zoo, musuems, bat musuem, look up louisville entertainment always something going on there. BELL OF LOUISVILLE, CHURCH HILL DOWNS. movies, live theater so so much to do.
Good answer,as theres a lot to do here.I hate when people come on here and say theres nothing to do around here.

“Merry”

Since: Jun 08

Christmas

#8 Dec 11, 2012
anonymous666 wrote:
Same here, moved to the Okalona area and the only thing I have found is the Mall
LOL,just the mall? Awww.. <3
Really

United States

#9 Dec 11, 2012
sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>Good answer,as theres a lot to do here.I hate when people come on here and say theres nothing to do around here.
I miss Louisville so much, where I live now we have to drive a while before we find much other than a movie or bowling here. LOUISVILLE ALWAYS ON THE GO WHEN WE LIVED THERE.

“Merry”

Since: Jun 08

Christmas

#10 Dec 11, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text> I miss Louisville so much, where I live now we have to drive a while before we find much other than a movie or bowling here. LOUISVILLE ALWAYS ON THE GO WHEN WE LIVED THERE.
I grew up here,and moved back a few years ago.Your right,theres always stuff to do around here,no matter what the season.
Hey

Louisville, KY

#11 Dec 11, 2012
LeAnn wrote:
So I'm fairly new to Louisville and now that I'm settled in I need to get out and meet people. Soooo where are some good places to go? I'm not into the club scene.
So I have lived in louisville for four years, I wasnt much of a city girl. Im from the country, but Ive adapted and now I love it, I have kids and we are always on the go. There is a science center down town, lots of parks by the river and through out the city, The Zoo is great, and all of what people have already talked about. Just want to say welcome to Louisville.
Mixboy502

Lexington, KY

#12 Dec 11, 2012
I'm a newbie here too. 7 Months in now, and I love it!!!!! The waterfront park is where it's at! Always events going on throughout the year. Can't beat being downtown cause it's so close to everything. The Yum center is awesome!! I also find the Frazier Museum and the Science Center to be pretty cool too. Tonight I went to the Mega Cavern... That was nice to see. Yet, I hopped on 65 north and was downtown in no time to see the lights on 4th St. Any time you wanna find something going on, just have to get online and search Louisville.com , or Waterfront Park on google. All around the best city I've lived in. Hands down. Give it up for Louisville!!

“Merry”

Since: Jun 08

Christmas

#13 Dec 11, 2012
Mixboy502 wrote:
I'm a newbie here too. 7 Months in now, and I love it!!!!! The waterfront park is where it's at! Always events going on throughout the year. Can't beat being downtown cause it's so close to everything. The Yum center is awesome!! I also find the Frazier Museum and the Science Center to be pretty cool too. Tonight I went to the Mega Cavern... That was nice to see. Yet, I hopped on 65 north and was downtown in no time to see the lights on 4th St. Any time you wanna find something going on, just have to get online and search Louisville.com , or Waterfront Park on google. All around the best city I've lived in. Hands down. Give it up for Louisville!!
These posts are so refreshing,when theres been ppl on here putting down this area.I like going to the waterfront park for the summer concerts sponsored by WFPK.How was the mega cavern by the way?
Hello

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Dec 12, 2012
Be careful with the waterfront though, there is a lot of crime down there in the early evening. I know a couple of people who have been robbed down there at like 8pm and one was by gun point.
Former Kentuckian

Williamsburg, VA

#15 Dec 12, 2012
Everyone has posted about the many activities that exist in Louisville and there are many including an active arts scene, such as the Louisville Ballet, Actor's Theatre, and KY Opera, etc. But to actually meet people you have to get involved in some groups or organizations such as church, a civic association, computer or college classes, a neighborhood meet and greet, etc, and of course, there is the workplace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the christmas carol at actors theatre 3 hr theater goer 2
door to door meat sales (Jan '13) 8 hr Angel 55
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) 9 hr The real cody lane 260
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 14 hr ForumCommando 63
KFC yum! center 14 hr ForumCommando 24
Review: Pettit Environmental 15 hr Angry Customer 1
In Search Of "Just Because" a Louisville underg... 15 hr In Search Of 1
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:46 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:46AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Preview, Prediction for Bengals vs. Broncos
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
NFL Power Rankings Week 17: Predicting Post-Monday Night Football Standings
NBC Sports10:10 AM
Why does Cincinnati shrink in the spotlight?
NBC Sports10:31 AM
Cowboys' collapse never occurred