Louisville woman arrested in deadly DUI

Louisville woman arrested in deadly DUI

There are 17 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Jun 15, 2018, titled Louisville woman arrested in deadly DUI. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

A Norton Commons woman has been charged in a DUI accident where a person was killed, Kentucky State Police said on Friday. Michelle Turiello, 48, was charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs and second degree manslaughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

bjballard0713

United States

#1 Jun 17, 2018
Michelle simply made a mistake. Her poor decision making doesn't make her a murderer but this something she will have to live with the rest of her life knowing that someone lost their life because of her choice to get behind the wheel. I am a recovering alcoholic who was lucky that I never killed anyone. However, my alcoholism landed me in prison for 13 months. She has a difficult road ahead of her.
Kill methheads

Bronx, NY

#2 Jun 17, 2018
bjballard0713 wrote:
Michelle simply made a mistake. Her poor decision making doesn't make her a murderer but this something she will have to live with the rest of her life knowing that someone lost their life because of her choice to get behind the wheel. I am a recovering alcoholic who was lucky that I never killed anyone. However, my alcoholism landed me in prison for 13 months. She has a difficult road ahead of her.
Someone should shoot her in the head!!!!!
Just wondering

Carrollton, KY

#3 Jun 18, 2018
Kill methheads wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone should shoot her in the head!!!!!
Why don't you do it but practice shooting yourself in the head first to make sure you know the gun works.
bjballard0713

United States

#4 Jun 18, 2018
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>

Why don't you do it but practice shooting yourself in the head first to make sure you know the gun works.
Yes shoot yourself for making such a crude remark. I know what Michelle is going through. I knew I was going to prison and I spent every day I had left with my children.
Mary

Shelbyville, KY

#5 Jun 18, 2018
If you don’t know the whole story don’t comment. Michelle is a wonderful person and there were many factors to play in this situation. If you don’t know the facts don’t be judgmental and rude. She’s kind hearted and would never hurt anyone intentionally. Prayers for both families.
Anonymous

United States

#6 Jun 18, 2018
How Dare You! She SIMPLY Made a mistake!?! Really? Our family has forever lost A Husband, Father, Brother, Uncle, Cousin & Friend! He was Kind, Caring, Compassionate & Loved his Family with everything that he had in him. Our Family is Broken! He was a Coach, a Teacher & musician. Her CHOICE did cause her to KILL our LOVED ONE which is MURDER!
The Steven Deaks

Louisville, KY

#7 Jun 18, 2018
Anonymous wrote:
How Dare You! She SIMPLY Made a mistake!?! Really? Our family has forever lost A Husband, Father, Brother, Uncle, Cousin & Friend! He was Kind, Caring, Compassionate & Loved his Family with everything that he had in him. Our Family is Broken! He was a Coach, a Teacher & musician. Her CHOICE did cause her to KILL our LOVED ONE which is MURDER!
I agree. So sorry for the loss of your loved one.
Some people just don't get it. Until it happens to their loved ones. Hypocrisy is the norm anymore.
bjballard0713

Lexington, KY

#8 Jun 18, 2018
Anonymous wrote:
My condolences to your family. I know she didn't wake up that morning with plans to kill anyone just as your loved one didn't have plans to die that day. Yes her choice took a life and she will be reminded daily of it. I spent 13 months in prison for my alcoholism and believe me it's no walk in the park.
Anonymous

United States

#9 Jun 19, 2018
What the heck exactly happened? The media reports didn’t say much.
The Steven Deaks

Louisville, KY

#10 Jun 19, 2018
Anonymous wrote:
What the heck exactly happened? The media reports didn’t say much.
A story too common. Drunk person kills innocent person. But this story is different, because she didn't mean to. That changes everything.

I don't think Larry Mahoney meant to either.
No Excuse

United States

#12 Jun 20, 2018
Tired of hearing excuses! When you take that drink you already know the chances you are taking. There is way too much information out there to not know what can happen.
bjballard0713

United States

#13 Jun 20, 2018
No Excuse wrote:
Tired of hearing excuses! When you take that drink you already know the chances you are taking. There is way too much information out there to not know what can happen.
You're absolutely right. I'm not trying to excuse her behavior. All I'm trying to say is, as a recovering alcoholic who has been in prison understands the anxiety she is going through about the unknown of her future.
Nex12go

Louisville, KY

#14 Jun 23, 2018
bjballard0713 wrote:
As a relative of the deceased I can tell you that from my perspective it doesn't feel like she simply made a mistake. Damn her eyes.
Nex12go

Louisville, KY

#15 Jun 23, 2018
Mary wrote:
If you don’t know the whole story don’t comment. Michelle is a wonderful person and there were many factors to play in this situation. If you don’t know the facts don’t be judgmental and rude. She’s kind hearted and would never hurt anyone intentionally. Prayers for both families.
Ahhh, she would never intentionally hurt anyone. I can only hope this burdens her without peace for the rest of her life.
RedSoxFan-inGeor gia

United States

#16 Jun 23, 2018
No Excuse wrote:
I‘m sick of all the he/she is a wonderful, kind-hearted person who made a “mistake” and didn‘t mean to kill anyone while driving drunk. A mistake is forgetting to invert a fraction that you‘re dividing by another fraction or putting salt instead of sugar in sweet potato souffle, not choosing to swill inebriating substances and weaponize your car.
Recovering Alcoholic

Louisville, KY

#17 Wednesday Sep 12
RedSoxFan-inGeorgia wrote:
<quoted text>

I‘m sick of all the he/she is a wonderful, kind-hearted person who made a “mistake” and didn‘t mean to kill anyone while driving drunk. A mistake is forgetting to invert a fraction that you‘re dividing by another fraction or putting salt instead of sugar in sweet potato souffle, not choosing to swill inebriating substances and weaponize your car.
My statement is a general comment. I have been sober for some years now and by the Grace of God was given Mercy. I am a blackout drunk and that means I continued to function (walk, drive, work, etc) in blackouts, not knowing or remembering anything I did. My subconscious was making my decisions. The extremely scary piece of that is when having “come to”, usually the next day, the first thing I would do is look at my car to see if there were any dents or blood on it. I never hear about the bkackout piece of drinking and driving. When in a blackout out, one does things they wouldn’t do nornally, like drink and drive. This is a serious piece of the harm alcoholic drinking can cause, especially if you are a blackout drunk like me. Alcoholics have at least 2 personalities, it is described as a Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde personality. For me, when drinking, Mr Hyde is in control and bad decisions are made that can have devastating consequences for anyone in my path.
TheDevil

Louisville, KY

#18 Wednesday Sep 12
Recovering Alcoholic wrote:
<quoted text>

My statement is a general comment. I have been sober for some years now and by the Grace of God was given Mercy. I am a blackout drunk and that means I continued to function (walk, drive, work, etc) in blackouts, not knowing or remembering anything I did. My subconscious was making my decisions. The extremely scary piece of that is when having “come to”, usually the next day, the first thing I would do is look at my car to see if there were any dents or blood on it. I never hear about the bkackout piece of drinking and driving. When in a blackout out, one does things they wouldn’t do nornally, like drink and drive. This is a serious piece of the harm alcoholic drinking can cause, especially if you are a blackout drunk like me. Alcoholics have at least 2 personalities, it is described as a Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde personality. For me, when drinking, Mr Hyde is in control and bad decisions are made that can have devastating consequences for anyone in my path.
Alcohol should be illegal. I was a blackout drunk too. I don't drink anymore, not in "recovery" just decided I was tired of hearing about my stupid behavior the next day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 13 min LMM 5,232
Last post wins (Sep '11) 19 min _FLATLINE-------- 595
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 31 min _FLATLINE-------- 10,328
Well I'm up late every single night. 40 min Edward 17
Word Association (May '09) 46 min Doobie Time 746
Add a Word. Drop a Word........... (Sep '10) 52 min Doobie Time 2,012
Jennifer Lawrence plans to move back to Kentucky. 1 hr Edward 3

Louisville Jobs

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages