Teen pleads guilty to killing guardians

Oct 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHAS11

A 16-year-old boy has pleaded guilty and received a 20-year prison sentence in the slayings of his legal guardians.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

The Hill

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

A justifiable sentence for the lives he took.
micro penis

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

is your life worth only ten years ? failed justice system once again !!!!!!!!!!
jim

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

He should be put to death. We don,t need that kind of people in our society.
Dougalicious

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

jim wrote:
He should be put to death. We don,t need that kind of people in our society.
what he did was horrific, but are you willing to be the person who kills a 16 year old kid? And don't call me a bleeding heart liberal. Are you willing?
info

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Dougalicious wrote:
<quoted text>
what he did was horrific, but are you willing to be the person who kills a 16 year old kid? And don't call me a bleeding heart liberal. Are you willing?
yes i am willing!!!!!!!!!
info

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

sandy63 wrote:
A justifiable sentence for the lives he took.
metcalfe co.is about ajoke take a life give a life!
Dougalicious

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

info wrote:
<quoted text>yes i am willing!!!!!!!!!
if you are willing then I feel very sorry for you. I am guessing that you don't have a very high level of education, you don't work and you have a police record.
info

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Dougalicious wrote:
<quoted text>
if you are willing then I feel very sorry for you. I am guessing that you don't have a very high level of education, you don't work and you have a police record.
i work hard and no police record just you take a life you give a life!
Educated and working

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Dougalicious wrote:
<quoted text>
This 16 year old person is dangerous. He is over six feet tall and goes about 260 lbs. Oh and he took the lives of two persons in cold blood.

A broken home does not excuse taking the lives of two persons who took him in to try and help him. A twenty year sentence is way too light.

P.S.- no police record.
Honesty

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

I know the whole situation as well as the truth about it all, the boy deserves help. The system failed this child, the state, social services, the parents, the courts. Everyone failed to protect and love him. No one talks about the Meth use that was going on in the home, or the drug's and stuff found in the house why do you all think they cut a deal. People face the truth about it all. People need to be honest, what happened is on all of our heads. Our society caused this and our screwed up system that is suppose to protect the children. He does deserve to be punished, what he received is fair.
Honesty

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

and don't everyone act stupid like u all didn't know the whole damn town does
umm

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

I don't think its anyone's business what was found inside the home. They were good people, they took him in because his mother didn't care about the boy. We all think his mother had something to do with it. How did.all of her fines get paid the day after they got killed? Hmm I wonder... & he has told people the reason he did it was because they wouldn't let him date that young girl. Don't know if that's the real reason why he did it or not, but he had no right to kill them. They took him into their home & he took their lives. I think he deserves more then what he got. Yes he may be a young boy, but what he need was wrong.
Honesty

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

you are right what he did was wrong but taking in a child for a check is wrong using the boy is wrong. Talking to the boy and using verbal abuse is wrong. Locking him out in the middle of winter is wrong, and his mom may have had something to do with it, that I may never know. She did abandoned him, left him for 2 yrs. while she got high. they also Bought him smokes he was 14, and they admitted that on the news. Letting him get high was wrong, supplying him with the drugs was wrong. Some times I wish it had went to trial so the truth would have come out, but I am also glad it didn't cause I don't think he could have took having to go through it. Don't get me wrong no one deserves to be killed like that and really NO ONE. I do have the deepest sympathy for their family. However this is what our society created and I think the system needs to be held accountable for placing him there when they knew the condition of the home as well as the police investigating the drug use. Nothing against anyone. and it was wrong what he did but I JUST THINK THE WRONG PICTURE IS BEING PAINTED. that's all
Observing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Stop. Just stop. We, as individuals, are responsible for our actions. The mean teacher, the abusive father, the prick boss, the neglectful mother, nope, not responsible. Stop trying to blame everyone else. Millions upon millions of people suffer humiliation, poverty, indignities, even tortuous living conditions, and they don't all snap and kill others. Society does play a role in shaping us, but we choose our path, or we choose not to choose. Personal responsibility. That is the cornerstone of a civilized society. An attribute that has and continues to rapidly disappear in America. The liberal mindset is that no individual is responsible for their own actions. It's always someone else's fault. That is why this country has become what it has. The car is responsible for the driver. The gun is responsible for the shooter. The drug for the addict. The booze for the drunk. I call b llshit. It's really pretty simple. Spare the rod, spoil the child. And completely ruin the adult. Far too few asses are being whipped and people want to whine about how bad things are. With that stated, we are responsible, but personal accountability is THE bottom line.
Observing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

If we are to concede that something or someone else is to blame, then release Charles Manson. In fact, remove the doors from all penal institutions.
Jinger

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Observing wrote:
If we are to concede that something or someone else is to blame, then release Charles Manson. In fact, remove the doors from all penal institutions.
OK whoop your child and let child services catch it. Go ahead you say the society we live in today is not to blame well maybe not. However if some would open there eye's and face the truth then they might say not all of it but most of it. Ya blame the person but also blame the individual's that have taken our right's away, with the belief that they are treating these children better. That they will protect them better, ECT. Then they are placed in the care of people I wouldn't let my dog stay with. Sounds to me like you have been sheltered all your life from the truth of how cruel life can be for some. You say this has nothing to do with society how many shootings has there been??? Ya it has nothing to do with society, and the things that these kids are being introduced to at such a early age, as well as the sorry ass home life's. You say blame the individual well, he stood up he admitted he did not deny anything, he took resposibility so??? about, wake up and look around. If he can take responsibility for his actions, why can't the rest of society, stand up and say hey things are right we need to fix the holes in or society.
Thats all I have to say about any of it.
Observing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Jinger wrote:
<quoted text>
OK whoop your child and let child services catch it. Go ahead you say the society we live in today is not to blame well maybe not. However if some would open there eye's and face the truth then they might say not all of it but most of it. Ya blame the person but also blame the individual's that have taken our right's away, with the belief that they are treating these children better. That they will protect them better, ECT. Then they are placed in the care of people I wouldn't let my dog stay with. Sounds to me like you have been sheltered all your life from the truth of how cruel life can be for some. You say this has nothing to do with society how many shootings has there been??? Ya it has nothing to do with society, and the things that these kids are being introduced to at such a early age, as well as the sorry ass home life's. You say blame the individual well, he stood up he admitted he did not deny anything, he took resposibility so??? about, wake up and look around. If he can take responsibility for his actions, why can't the rest of society, stand up and say hey things are right we need to fix the holes in or society.
Thats all I have to say about any of it.
Sheltered? Yea, right. I've hunted since the age of eight. Got my first gun at nine. Raised four children and whipped asses and now have five Grandkids, whose asses also get whipped, except for the babies. I'm not a criminal, nor are my offspring. We're all high school and or college grads and I am a veteran. Don't tell me shit about it being society's fault. It ALL begins at home. The parents of the degenerates are the cause of the problems and the kids turn out to be the problems. Sure, mental health plays a significant role too, but the bottom line is individual responsibility. I'm not in denial. I see very clearly where the problem is. Some idiot once said that it takes a village to raise a child. Probably dr. Spock. But, it doesn't. And it isn't the village's responsibility. That lies on the parents. It's always the same old argument, that it is someone else's responsibility. It isn't. Not to feed, clothe, or shelter. And most of all not to accept the blame. That is just moronic dribble.
cummings

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Honesty wrote:
I know the whole situation as well as the truth about it all, the boy deserves help. The system failed this child, the state, social services, the parents, the courts. Everyone failed to protect and love him. No one talks about the Meth use that was going on in the home, or the drug's and stuff found in the house why do you all think they cut a deal. People face the truth about it all. People need to be honest, what happened is on all of our heads. Our society caused this and our screwed up system that is suppose to protect the children. He does deserve to be punished, what he received is fair.
They said people were there getting drugs 15 mins before the shooting but this child needs help not death
jth;

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

i cant wait til he gets out, cause he gon get his!
via

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

[QUOTE who="jth;"]i cant wait til he gets out, cause he gon get his![/QUOTE]
You might not be alive your self when he gets out this was wrong what he did but why wasn't the girl brought in on it she was with him

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••