What's mitch McConnell done for coal,...
Another Vet

Elizabethtown, KY

#2583 Sep 4, 2014
Changed wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!!!!!!! Romney never not one time lead in any National Polling Firm. You been listing to Obama lies too much and ready to spread a few yourself. But conservatives will not drink your kool Aid
You need to check your facts. Romney was ahead in the polls but the problem with polls is demographics. Even exit polls said Romney won...there was some lying going on somewhere! By the way I have crossed lines and voted republican (kinda sad I did the last time for GW) but your conservatives had nothing better to offer USA and still don't. There are times when one uses a vote not for someone but against someone. That is my vote this year against Mitch. Again read my lips...I am not saying she is the best there is but in my opinion she is heads above Mitch.
LMS

Trinity, TX

#2584 Sep 4, 2014
Jos wrote:
Dont vote for tards people he could care less abotu coal.
Not sure which one is Tard?
say

Louisville, KY

#2585 Sep 4, 2014
I'd reither give a usa citizen talk than fox!
VOTER

Paintsville, KY

#2586 Sep 4, 2014
jan wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone know what group she is involved with we need to bring this out !!!!
We are mostly Democrats in WV so if we play our card right we can vote in ky and WV both. Blacks in the big cities vote in different precients every election. You just have to be brave and if you vote Democrat you can rest assured you can stay out of prison. How you think Obama won Ohio and Flordia, we had our Blacks vote numerous times in the big cities of these states?
say

Louisville, KY

#2587 Sep 4, 2014
romney actually tries to stop mexico in cartel.has family in mexico.i like romney you tupubs
xxXXxx

Elizabethtown, KY

#2588 Sep 4, 2014
apple peeler wrote:
I will vote for Mitch McConnell, not Grimes who would be just another puppet for Obama. I am so sick of all the taxpayers money going to people that don't or ever intend to work. I have had enough of this LIBeral junk.
" you so sick of all the taxpayers money going to people that don't or ever intend to work. "
would that be the billions in taxpayers money going to the Walton family
or the billions in taxpayers money going to big oil
or the billions in taxpayers money going to McDonald, wendy's, subway etc .
or the billions in taxpayers money going to big agriculture
or the billions in taxpayers money going to military industrial complex.

so which is it? you are low informed turn off fox's
no way

Dublin, OH

#2589 Sep 4, 2014
You see on the news. va govenor..guilt....lol.hey Mitch your next..lol...now all of Mitch idiots.suck on that.
passing gas

Logan, WV

#2590 Sep 4, 2014
The way I see it both party's need to be held responsible on all levels Federal ,State and local.All political officials needs their feet held to the fire and make them lobby for better paying jobs here in E.Ky and everywhere else. That's the problem they forget that they are elected to represent us the working taxpayer.There are no reason they can't offer companies incentives to bring higher paying jobs to E.Ky so we don't have to depend only on coal to make decent living.
losers

Ezel, KY

#2591 Sep 4, 2014
I'm retired. Where do you get the 10$ an hour for posting. I want some of that. Hell I would post for the Bitch Mitch for that!
Curious Joe IIII

Twinsburg, OH

#2592 Sep 4, 2014
I think that every politician should be voted out if they have two or more terms no one should should be given an office for life we the people should (in my opinion) vote in new blood ..If theyre doing such a good job as they say theyre doing WHY? is Washington in such a mess For that it is our (THE VOTERS FAULT)(In my opinion) By not doing what we should They should represent us THE VOTERS think about it!!!
Curious Joe IIII

Twinsburg, OH

#2593 Sep 4, 2014
Does Mitch McConnell even know just what his job is lol
bread

Harrodsburg, KY

#2594 Sep 4, 2014
As silent as the democrats have been on bams, they need to sit down and shut up about mitch. I'm not taking up for the guy, but they have zero room to throw stones
WHATTHEHELL

Bardstown, KY

#2595 Sep 4, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Miners Union Endorses Grimes in Kentucky
The United Mine Workers of America (UMWA) has endorsed Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes in Kentucky’s Senate race, despite Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s attempts to paint her as an enemy of coal.
In a statement, the UMWA said Grimes has proven herself to be a coal advocate.
“Ms. Grimes is not only a strong supporter of coal and the coal industry,” UMWA President Cecil Roberts said in the Saturday statement.“She is the only candidate in this race who is also a supporter of coal miners.
"She cares about their health and safety on the job. She cares about what happens to them once they retire after a career of dangerous, backbreaking work,” Roberts continued.“She cares about what happens to their families, and what can be done to make their communities stronger.”
“Miners need a strong voice on their behalf in Washington,” Roberts said.
The UMWA criticized McConnell for voting against an amendment last week that would have removed the “pension smoothing” from a transportation funding bill. Under the provision, employers can reduce their contributions to employee pensions.
“Sen. McConnell had a golden opportunity to support retired miners and their dependents in Kentucky, but instead chose to vote against them,” the union president said.
Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/...
RIP GOP
ALISON 2014
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
You are telling a huge lie, I am Vice President of this union and WE DID NOT ENDORSE a Democrat that will help the FOOL in the White House Destroy Kentucky COAL!!!
say

Louisville, KY

#2596 Sep 4, 2014
Id like 500 hundred dollar cars.10 cent movies and over 8 dollar work days
Leroy

London, KY

#2597 Sep 4, 2014
Curious Joe IIII wrote:
Does Mitch McConnell even know just what his job is lol
I hope he believes it is to defeat the Obama partisan agenda!
The Republican

Clayhole, KY

#2598 Sep 4, 2014
that thar woman don't need to be in any political office. the only place a woman should be is home taking care of her master and HIS castle. all this womens lib bull crap is what is wrong with this country today, a woman shouldn't even be allowed to vote and dang sure shouldn't be able to hold any kind of political office. heck women shouldn't even be allowed to speak unless her master tells her to. i'm voting for Mitch the only true candidate for the office. It's time we put women back where they belong....THE KITCHEN!!!
Truthet

Madisonville, KY

#2599 Sep 4, 2014
bread wrote:
As silent as the democrats have been on bams, they need to sit down and shut up about mitch. I'm not taking up for the guy, but they have zero room to throw stones
can you name one thing about the economy that is worst now than when Bush left ?
Leroy

London, KY

#2600 Sep 4, 2014
Truthet wrote:
<quoted text>can you name one thing about the economy that is worst now than when Bush left ?
So...What does the answer to this question have to do with McConnell?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#2601 Sep 4, 2014
Jeffrey wrote:
That's a stupid comment. Obama didn't kill coal the big coal people did, and I would rather vote for her , than a person who has a record of doing nothing . You are the problem , the republicans have been so determined to hurt Obama , when they should have been helping the middle class. If you can read and comprehend then you know what's been going on . Grow up and just be honest !!!!!!
Thank you for putting the blame where it belongs - on the rich mine owners. Someone needs to care more about the coal miners and other workers and less about the profits of the rich and negligent owners who have not provided either adequate safety or adequate salaries - or adequate job security either, since people can be replaced by machinery and different mining methods.
The fracking process has also contributed to the decline of coal useage, and people need to raise more questions about the dangers of methane gas and about the dangers of water pollution and even possible causing of small earthquakes as a result of fracking.
Research on clean coal would be a good thing - if people would just do it quickly and wait to use the coal supply until a clean coal method is found.
Sustainable energy sources, energy conservation, and energy efficiency are the answers worldwide. But displaced workers need to be immediately retrained and put to work in these areas of production and maintanance. The more small scale, dispersed, and locally (and even individually) controlled these methods are, the better - thus creating jobs all over the country, and all over the world, and reducing threats from cyberterrorists who might try to disrupt the grid.
Leroy

London, KY

#2602 Sep 4, 2014
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for putting the blame where it belongs - on the rich mine owners. Someone needs to care more about the coal miners and other workers and less about the profits of the rich and negligent owners who have not provided either adequate safety or adequate salaries - or adequate job security either, since people can be replaced by machinery and different mining methods.
The fracking process has also contributed to the decline of coal useage, and people need to raise more questions about the dangers of methane gas and about the dangers of water pollution and even possible causing of small earthquakes as a result of fracking.
Research on clean coal would be a good thing - if people would just do it quickly and wait to use the coal supply until a clean coal method is found.
Sustainable energy sources, energy conservation, and energy efficiency are the answers worldwide. But displaced workers need to be immediately retrained and put to work in these areas of production and maintanance. The more small scale, dispersed, and locally (and even individually) controlled these methods are, the better - thus creating jobs all over the country, and all over the world, and reducing threats from cyberterrorists who might try to disrupt the grid.
Sounds Great! What would be your timeline for creating all these clean jobs, retraining mine workers, creating the jobs for these retrained workers, and slapping around these rich mine owners who follow federal regulations or get shut down?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word. Drop a Word........... (Sep '10) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 1,681
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 3 hr scotty steiner 4,369
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 9 hr Gohka 454
sheila watts 10 hr ambersome 3
Laughing at the cards 11 hr Hoosiers fan 5
jossie crowe stole from officers 17 hr Teacher 6
Word Association (May '09) 18 hr winner 588

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance