First Prev
of 4
Next Last
John P

Louisville, KY

#1 Jun 16, 2012
I love working at UPS. Easy work and surrounded by hot coworkers! It couldn't get any better.
Nick

Louisville, KY

#2 Jun 16, 2012
R they hiring?
Chrisb

United States

#4 Jun 17, 2012
I used to work at UPS and would have to say they do not take care of their employees the insurance got worse every year I was their they take more and more money out of my check for health insurance. They did nothing for their employees. They can spend 6.8 billion on TNT express but can't give us better health coverage or raises. Yeah I love UPS aka Under Paid Slaves. The job I have now pays three more dollars on the hour more and the health care coverage is cheaper and better then UPS. UPS is not all that great.
Leo

Louisville, KY

#5 Jun 17, 2012
Where do you work, Chris?
Chrisb

Louisville, KY

#6 Jun 17, 2012
Leo wrote:
Where do you work, Chris?
I Work at GE and I make a lot more money and the benefits are a lot better then UPS.
The Vandalistic Bandit

Evansville, IN

#7 Jun 24, 2012
Shit son, you must have been in management. You cannot beat the insurance they have for the part time employees, its the best right now. And GE, wow, you may not have a job in the next 5 years. At least at ups you would still have a job because they are not moving away from Kentucky, they just keep getting bigger and bigger. So way to think that one through man!! Real Smart.
Chrisb

United States

#8 Jun 25, 2012
The Vandalistic Bandit wrote:
Shit son, you must have been in management. You cannot beat the insurance they have for the part time employees, its the best right now. And GE, wow, you may not have a job in the next 5 years. At least at ups you would still have a job because they are not moving away from Kentucky, they just keep getting bigger and bigger. So way to think that one through man!! Real Smart.
their insurance has gotten worse every year and the cost that comes our of your pocket has increased every year. I didn't work at the hub I worked at UPS SCS. Yeah their growing but we as employees are not seeing the benefits from that they can purchase a company for 6.8 billion but can help their employees giving better raises and benefits. The benefits have gotten worse over the six years that I worked their they have so many people looking for another job it crazy UPS does not take care of their employees.
The Vandalistic Bandit

Evansville, IN

#9 Jun 25, 2012
HMM, was you a union employee, because as i stated, over at the hub, part time employees insurance is awesome and the company provides the insurance. Once you go full time your insurance then switches over to union insurance. And, i believe if it is free, how the hell is it coming out of my pocket, i didnt know free cost anything.
Chrisb

United States

#10 Jun 25, 2012
The Vandalistic Bandit wrote:
HMM, was you a union employee, because as i stated, over at the hub, part time employees insurance is awesome and the company provides the insurance. Once you go full time your insurance then switches over to union insurance. And, i believe if it is free, how the hell is it coming out of my pocket, i didnt know free cost anything.
I don't work at the hub you idiot I worked at UPS Supply chain solutions. Which is on outer loop road.

That part if UPS is not union. If you read what I said before you opened your mouth you would know what I'm talking about. The insurance their is not free.
Chrisb

United States

#11 Jun 25, 2012
The Vandalistic Bandit wrote:
HMM, was you a union employee, because as i stated, over at the hub, part time employees insurance is awesome and the company provides the insurance. Once you go full time your insurance then switches over to union insurance. And, i believe if it is free, how the hell is it coming out of my pocket, i didnt know free cost anything.
I don't work at the hub. I worked at UPS Supply chain solutions. Which is on outer loop road.

That part of UPS is not union. If you read what I said before you opened your mouth you would know what I'm talking about. The insurance their is not free.
The Vandalistic Bandit

Evansville, IN

#12 Jun 26, 2012
HAHAHAHAHA!!! So basically u fucked yourself going somewhere that didnt have free insurance, then turned around and went to a place that may shut down in the next 5-10 yrs. Sounds like a good deal to me. Way to fuck yourself buddy!! That sounds to me like your the idiot. You better check your facts first, because a few years back, i believe the union negotiated to only take a dollar raise over 3 year period of time, then turned around and cut the pay for people coming in. And wait for your next contract to be negotiated and see how quick it comes up that GE will be trying to move to mexico! Good deal for you buddy.
Chrisb

United States

#13 Jun 26, 2012
The Vandalistic Bandit wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! So basically u fucked yourself going somewhere that didnt have free insurance, then turned around and went to a place that may shut down in the next 5-10 yrs. Sounds like a good deal to me. Way to fuck yourself buddy!! That sounds to me like your the idiot. You better check your facts first, because a few years back, i believe the union negotiated to only take a dollar raise over 3 year period of time, then turned around and cut the pay for people coming in. And wait for your next contract to be negotiated and see how quick it comes up that GE will be trying to move to mexico! Good deal for you buddy.
your a moron. UPS SCS didn't have free insurance and the insurance at GE is cheaper and better then UPS SCS insurance. I'll take my chances with GE rather then work for UPS SCS and be treated like shit. Also I make like three more dollars on the hour by working at GE. I could not pass up that opportunity. Also the raises it no better then what you get a UPS SCS like 35 cent raise every year. I have only been at GE for three week and got a 50 cent raise HAHA to you. Also the insurance that was not free at UPS SCS they were taking out about 80 dollars a week out of my check. GE Insurance which is better is 30 dollars cheaper a week.
Chrisb

United States

#14 Jun 26, 2012
The Vandalistic Bandit wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! So basically u fucked yourself going somewhere that didnt have free insurance, then turned around and went to a place that may shut down in the next 5-10 yrs. Sounds like a good deal to me. Way to fuck yourself buddy!! That sounds to me like your the idiot. You better check your facts first, because a few years back, i believe the union negotiated to only take a dollar raise over 3 year period of time, then turned around and cut the pay for people coming in. And wait for your next contract to be negotiated and see how quick it comes up that GE will be trying to move to mexico! Good deal for you buddy.
also GE is spending a billion dollars at Appliance park so I don't thing their going to go anywhere plus the state if Kentucky has giving them a lot of taxes breaks do to make sure they stay here. Also they took thus pay cuts to insure that the GE jobs would stay here in Kentucky. Yes here right they may shutdown in 5 to 10 years but that is the chance you take with any company.
The Vandalistic Bandit

Evansville, IN

#16 Jun 26, 2012
So basically your a stupid fuck for going to Supply Chain Solutions! Instead of going to the hub and working for free insurance and having a second job, which alot of people out there do, you went to SCS and thought that you would get over on people by having a full time job then complain about insurance. Hell jackass, at least you have an option for insurance, unlike some people out there right now who have children and are not able to go to the doctor themselves because they are having to pay everything to have their poor kids looked at. And yet your bitching about paying for insurance but yet your doing it at GE, so why are you crying so goddamn much. Grow the fuck up man, at least you got a fucking job with the option of insurance. Its people like you that make the world like it is, shitty, cause you dont look at the big picture, put yourself in another persons shoes for one day, one week, one year, and then complain. What til you have children, and then if GE shuts down, and you have no insurance, no full time job, and worry about making ends meet to keep a house, to make sure your children are properly taken care of. Regardless of paying a little or just a little more for insurance, at least you had it. Fucking Crybaby
The Vandalistic Bandit

Evansville, IN

#17 Jun 26, 2012
YOUR STILL PAYING FOR INSURANCE JACKASS!!!
The Vandalistic Bandit

Evansville, IN

#18 Jun 26, 2012
And as far as the billions being put in appliance park, yeah, they are putting the money in, but i bet that next 5-10 years, they sell out to LG, like they was going to do 3 years ago. If they union didnt back out, they would have lost all them jobs over at appliance park. As far as the raises, dittos on the raises, but you will be topping out at around 18 or so prolly. Hubs top out is 24 something a hour, and if you are in the maintenance department, top out is over 30 a hour. And they will not be shutting down, only getting bigger. If you havent noticed, they own part of outer loop, park of grade lane, plus part of the airport. Not including all the other little UPS stores they have and behind tanglewood apartments. Way to go buddy, u stand behind your choice, even though it was a dumb one, you stand behind your choice!! Idiot!
Chrisb

United States

#19 Jun 27, 2012
The Vandalistic Bandit wrote:
YOUR STILL PAYING FOR INSURANCE JACKASS!!!
so what is your point I was paying for insurance at UPS SCS and that insurance was bullshit. The insurance at GE is better and cheaper I'm saving 30 dollars a week with GE insurance then what was coming out of my check from UPS SCS.
Chrisb

United States

#21 Jun 27, 2012
The Vandalistic Bandit wrote:
And as far as the billions being put in appliance park, yeah, they are putting the money in, but i bet that next 5-10 years, they sell out to LG, like they was going to do 3 years ago. If they union didnt back out, they would have lost all them jobs over at appliance park. As far as the raises, dittos on the raises, but you will be topping out at around 18 or so prolly. Hubs top out is 24 something a hour, and if you are in the maintenance department, top out is over 30 a hour. And they will not be shutting down, only getting bigger. If you havent noticed, they own part of outer loop, park of grade lane, plus part of the airport. Not including all the other little UPS stores they have and behind tanglewood apartments. Way to go buddy, u stand behind your choice, even though it was a dumb one, you stand behind your choice!! Idiot!
So when did you become a business expert. Yes you maybe right but like I said that is the chance you take when your going to a company going thru changes in their business they doing a complete overhaul over there production line and their over all quality of their products. Their hiring over 1300 employees by 2014 in my opinion you said jealous. Unlike the fact that I get time in a half after 8 hours at GE not like most companies you have to work forty hours in order to get time in a half.

I currently work Second shift but last week I was working First shift and on Monday's if your on second and you work first shift you get paid time in a half for the whole day you work.so I was making 23.00 a hour the whole day. I also get 74 cent more on the hour because Im in a level 2 position plus the dollars night shift pay for working on second shift. I'm a dumbass for taking a chance on a company that has been around sense the last 1800 when Thomas Edison found the company.
Chrisb

United States

#22 Jun 27, 2012
The Vandalistic Bandit wrote:
And as far as the billions being put in appliance park, yeah, they are putting the money in, but i bet that next 5-10 years, they sell out to LG, like they was going to do 3 years ago. If they union didnt back out, they would have lost all them jobs over at appliance park. As far as the raises, dittos on the raises, but you will be topping out at around 18 or so prolly. Hubs top out is 24 something a hour, and if you are in the maintenance department, top out is over 30 a hour. And they will not be shutting down, only getting bigger. If you havent noticed, they own part of outer loop, park of grade lane, plus part of the airport. Not including all the other little UPS stores they have and behind tanglewood apartments. Way to go buddy, u stand behind your choice, even though it was a dumb one, you stand behind your choice!! Idiot!
is that why a couple of years ago UPS was doing so well that they had a freeze on matching 401k benefits. They also had a freeze on raising for their mangers. They also were laying airplane mechanics across the country. They are still not doing anything fur their employes you just don't know how many employees are looking for work else where because their feed up with the way UPS treats their employees.also don't forget UPS SCS gets a lot of the management from the Hub. The supervisor I had was from the hub and he was a straight up asshole. He stated to us one time that UPS is more important then anything you have outside of here. Really want a company to work for and The human resource was a joke.
Preloader

Louisville, KY

#23 Jun 27, 2012
I know one thing about UPS,seniority doesn't mean shyt there!! Union reps are a freaking joke as well,sometimes they act like they are fighting against you!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 10 hr joe smith 3,072
Dominic Sitz 19 hr Allie 10
Sack chasers 21 hr Scooby the dooby 2
God bless president Trump (Apr '16) Sat Master Brain 47
Where can I find Bi Lesbian and Gay people? (Mar '11) Sat Discussed 72
Trixie's Club Question (Jan '13) Sat Anon 38
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) Fri -Prince- 9,660

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages