Shippers UPS, Amazon have trouble filling holiday jobs

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

LOUISVILLE, Ky. Hundreds of holiday jobs are there for the taking around here and employers are having trouble finding people to fill them.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Marenese Washington

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

I cant afford to take lowing pay job would mess up all my welfar

“Holly's Got It Going On”

Level 3

Since: Aug 12

In your head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Marenese Washington wrote:
I cant afford to take lowing pay job would mess up all my welfar
I realize this is a joke, but there are peoople who think this way. Our society is full of leeches who find it easier to be a bum than get a job!
The Truth

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

GSI is the worst of the bunch to work for. It's just hilarious seeing them scratching their heads trying to figure out why they can get enough employees when they treat their current employees so bad and seasonals even worse. First off, their attendance policies are just plain ridiculous. You get 6 points per 6 month period, meaning that it takes 6 months from the date receiving a point for that point to drop off, and you get points for reasons other than attendance, ie forgetting your badge, being 1 minute late, forgetting to clock out/in, etc. And the way they lie to seasonals would make anyone not want to come back. I worked there for a while and seen it all the time, they would lie to the seasonal employees faces telling them that if they all just showed up every day and got their numbers, they would be hired on permenently. And after Christmas was over, poof! They were all canned. Not tomention the fact that they'd schedule the seasonals to come in and then send them home as soon as they got there if they didn't need them. There were some people coming from E-town and then getting sent home as soon as getting there, I'd have been p!ssed. What a joke! And they just can't figure out why no one wants to work there, lol.
yep

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

The working people have been made to be the villians.

Level 3

In your head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

yep wrote:
The working people have been made to be the villians.
You're exactly right! It's the liberal mentality to bite the hand that feeds them. Literally.

One in seven people in the US is on food stamps. One in twenty is on disability. No lie--look it up. We are in real trouble with our social programs, consuming our economy.
yep

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

The whole thing is broke. Special interests groups in this country will keep it that way forever.
The Truth

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

ItsMeHolla wrote:
<quoted text>
You're exactly right! It's the liberal mentality to bite the hand that feeds them. Literally.
One in seven people in the US is on food stamps. One in twenty is on disability. No lie--look it up. We are in real trouble with our social programs, consuming our economy.
How does any of this pertain to the topic of this thread? Stay on topic folks.
sherwin williams

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

ship it out!
yep

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

If you people haven't already figured it out by now i'm not going to tell you. Here's a little secret the rich get richer and the poor....

Level 3

In your head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>How does any of this pertain to the topic of this thread? Stay on topic folks.
How does it not? Employers have difficulty filling jobs because lazy government leeches won't work. I thought it was spelled out pretty clearly.
The Truth

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

ItsMeHolla wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it not? Employers have difficulty filling jobs because lazy government leeches won't work. I thought it was spelled out pretty clearly.
So you're claiming that every single person in Bullitt co are all government leeches? Not that I disagree, just want to make sure you're clear and consistant with your statement here.

Level 3

In your head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>So you're claiming that every single person in Bullitt co are all government leeches? Not that I disagree, just want to make sure you're clear and consistant with your statement here.
Where did I ever say "every single person"? There are decent people in Bullitt County--they are the people you see waking up and going to work, raising their children, and being, overall, productive people.

The jobs available could easily be filled by people on welfare who find it easier to be lazy bums than actually work.
Daisy

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

It's just easier to sit home and let Obummer pay for their housing, utilities, food, medical, tuition, bummerphone, diapers, Tylenol, Kotex... I call for a re-order on a medical device Mom has used for 15 years and found that Medicare no longer pays for it!! Something is wrong when the talking heads call Social Security an entitlement program. They don't need to cut Medicare and Social Security, but cut SSI and Medicaid to the bone. Maybe the girls wouldn't be so eager to make babies if they know they will have to go work at Zappo's, UPS or Amazon to feed them.

Level 3

In your head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Daisy wrote:
It's just easier to sit home and let Obummer pay for their housing, utilities, food, medical, tuition, bummerphone, diapers, Tylenol, Kotex... I call for a re-order on a medical device Mom has used for 15 years and found that Medicare no longer pays for it!! Something is wrong when the talking heads call Social Security an entitlement program. They don't need to cut Medicare and Social Security, but cut SSI and Medicaid to the bone. Maybe the girls wouldn't be so eager to make babies if they know they will have to go work at Zappo's, UPS or Amazon to feed them.
Yep!! Obama's plan cut funding to the genuinely needy but expanded programs for the genuinely lazy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Police: Fla. father beats accused child abuser 19 min Phoenix97 7
Who is Alison Lundergan Grimes? 23 min LouisvilleKYreport 4
POLICE: Louisville woman shot at granddaughter,... 26 min LouisvilleKYreport 4
Louisvilles finest wife and citizen 29 min Phoenix97 3
Mitch McConnell 38 min hovel 13
What happened to the Mitch McConnell thread? 2 hr Average Guy 10
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 7 hr JOE NASTY 26,182
•••

Air Quality Alert for Jefferson County was issued at July 22 at 3:56AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search