Likes and gripes about Fandom Fest 2013, Louisville

Posted in the Louisville Forum

Almost Fandom Fest patron

New Albany, IN

#1 Jul 29, 2013
After seeing patrons to Fandom Fest interviewed on the local TV stations and reading dozens of mostly negative Facebook comments about it, it seems I dodged a bullet by winding up not going to it.

Do any of you attendees,or people who tried to get in but were turned away, care to vent?

“Merry”

Since: Jun 08

Christmas

#2 Jul 29, 2013
Almost Fandom Fest patron wrote:
After seeing patrons to Fandom Fest interviewed on the local TV stations and reading dozens of mostly negative Facebook comments about it, it seems I dodged a bullet by winding up not going to it.
Do any of you attendees,or people who tried to get in but were turned away, care to vent?
I almost went, but changed my mind and glad I did.I really wanted to See Bill Shatner and Stan Lee,but after seeing the news about the lines, and bad organization, I changed my mind and didn't go.
Kaiju Damato

Beaver Falls, PA

#3 Jul 29, 2013
Came from Pittsburgh after having heard glowing things about Fright Night Film Fest... Well, them and ConfusiCon errr... I mean, Fandom Fest - not at all a good match... Hopefully it gets split into two shows again, or I can safely say those promoters will never see another dime from me - it was a disorganized mess spread across 2 or 3 city blocks... Nice town, but those shows need split back up... Sorry to see fright night get sunk by such crappy new "management."
Politically incorrect

United States

#4 Jul 29, 2013
What were people saying about it?
Kaiju Damato

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jul 30, 2013
Politically incorrect wrote:
What were people saying about it?
I was told by a few people at Cinema Wasteland (a great little show) to check it out - very well run, nice hotel, etc... Problem is, to my understanding, at least, they consolidated Fright Night with Fandom Fest this time around... On the plus side (for the promoters, at least) bigger crowds... On the minus for the fans, bigger crowds to try to manage, more area covered, and less cohesion to what went where... There were more than a few vendors I spoke with who were pissed about being put in the wrong dealer rooms for what they were carrying altogether!
Big mess that could've been avoided through much better planning.
GeekGasmicGirl

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Jul 30, 2013
Kaiju Damato wrote:
Came from Pittsburgh after having heard glowing things about Fright Night Film Fest... Well, them and ConfusiCon errr... I mean, Fandom Fest - not at all a good match... Hopefully it gets split into two shows again, or I can safely say those promoters will never see another dime from me - it was a disorganized mess spread across 2 or 3 city blocks... Nice town, but those shows need split back up... Sorry to see fright night get sunk by such crappy new "management."
NEW MANAGEMENT - if that is the excuse you heard - than they were pulling the wool over your eyes - Ken Daniels - who goes by other names in other states where his businesses have been revoked - one including a scamming erectile dysfunction, penile implant clinic - has ran FrightFest for 9 years - he thought he could branch out and run a show like Fandom Fest along with it - he also runs a show called Horror Hound and you fill find similar complaints about that show I am sure

No one new was running this - just the same old dog dragging his pony of failure excuses.
hogwash

London, KY

#7 Aug 10, 2013
what a f***ed up piece of trash this comic (con)was. at some point you would think the dumbasses would have stopped selling tickets, especially when the fire marshal had to shut it down because too many people. I would like to meet management personally and tell them where to shove their fandomfest. Standing in line for 10 hours for a freakin photo op? really? and then being told to come back the next day to pick the photo up? simply wow. is this the best kentucky has to offer? what a sorry excuse for a state.

“Merry”

Since: Jun 08

Christmas

#8 Aug 10, 2013
hogwash wrote:
what a f***ed up piece of trash this comic (con)was. at some point you would think the dumbasses would have stopped selling tickets, especially when the fire marshal had to shut it down because too many people. I would like to meet management personally and tell them where to shove their fandomfest. Standing in line for 10 hours for a freakin photo op? really? and then being told to come back the next day to pick the photo up? simply wow. is this the best kentucky has to offer? what a sorry excuse for a state.
And this is the reason I didn't go,and I really wanted to see Bill Shatner.They need to move events such as these to bigger venues to accommodate the large crowds.Too bad you had a bad experience, but a lot of people did,and hopefully they'll do better.
florida trip

Cleveland, OH

#9 Aug 8, 2014
Has anyone else recieved a phone call saying they won florida trip they were getting ppl to register for? Is it a scam?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants drive... (Nov '07) 12 min Utterly Disgusted 20
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 21 min Really 142
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 18 hr David 1
places that hire felons.help! 19 hr constanceswan 1
brad jones fairdale Fri beef 8
Mouse Moments - (Sep '11) Fri Maverick 808 12,445
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) Fri kctopps 61
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info