|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

List again to name 'deadbeat' parents

By Jason Riley
jriley@courier-journal.com
The Courier-Journal

It's gaining in popularity and notoriety each year -- bringing in calls from around the country from people who want to duplicate its success.

Specifically, it's the Jefferson County attorney's office's third annual published list of people delinquent in child-support payments.

This time around, the list to be published Sunday in The Courier-Journal will include 670 parents -- including a record number of women -- who have not made a child-support payment for at least six months.

"As soon as people see this news report, we'll start getting calls," said County Attorney Irv Maze at a press conference to announce the new list. "We've been very, very, very surprised about the outcome of this."

Besides the thousands of tips the list generated, the county attorney's office has also heard from prosecutors as far away as Los Angeles, asking about the program and its results.

So far, the effort has found 600 parents who owe money -- and $1.5 million in back child support.

In the past, Maze's office has been accused of picking on men. This year, however, 112 of the names are women who owe child support. In total, the people on the list owe more than $10 million -- with one person owing $105,000, Maze said.

"We are not trying to embarrass anybody," Maze said. " It's not easy to collect child support. Sometimes you have to find new ways to attack old problems."

With that in mind, Maze also announced a new child-support program, an automated call that will remind people who are at least 45 days behind in their payments.

"It's a good idea to catch these cases before they end up on ads such as this," Maze said, holding a copy of the list of names to be published.

The auto-dialer will deliver about 30 messages a day.

"If this doesn't work, I'll try something else," Maze said. "I'm not scared of trying new things."

“Stand up Against Tyranny”

Since: Aug 07

Louisville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Judged:

Maybe Ole Irv needs to put the names of the people that do not pay their bills, in the Courier, I bet the lending company's would like for the deadbeats to pay their bills. Hey Dem's, remember this when you go to the polls. Ole Irv, loves to lock up his party. I wonder.....Is he sure he is a democrat? As for the Courier Journal's participation in this witch hunt, are we still in the scarlet letter era? How much of a kick back did the Courier Journal get for running these names? How many organizations are out there "in Jefferson County", for the non-custodial father's as there is for the custodial mother's? And Irv, if you care so much for the non-custodial parent as too not want to embarass these people that are in default of their support, why don't you put in effect some orginazations to help the fathers? Or is the intent just to lock them up and drain the tax payers money for lawyers and court procedures, not without forgetting feeding and housing some of these people in prison? I believe that these parents are more then likely dead broke then dead beat. And How about where the child support division calculates in child care for help finding the support amount http://ag.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/911CFC80-249C-4... ? And then the custodial parent does not take said child too daycare? Does anyone follow up on this? What about when the non-custodial looses a job or goes down in pay? The support division says that they will drop child support "if its more than a 15% drop" to current pay scale of the non-custodial, but yet at the hearing "if the 15% drop is not reached", they tell the parent that they are capable of making the previous amount and needs to find a job at that amount or work 2 jobs. I don't call this trying to help the non-custodial parent to be able to make his obligated payment and NOT have his or her name thrown all over the newspaper as though they were murder's. The Kentucky child support guidelines are suppossably FAIR. Lets see, A person that makes 5,000 a month and their ex- partner makes the same is obligated to pay 676.00 dollars a month for one kid "insurance is not in this calculation". And a parent that makes 1,600 a month, about 2/3 less pays 293.00 dollars. Now the guidelines are there to make this fair but as you can tell, a person that make 2/3 less pays a little less than half. Who is going to suffer more? A person who has 1,300 a month to live on or 4,324 dollars to live on? http://ag.ky.gov/childsupport/support.htm

So to conclude on this witch hunt orchestrated by Irv Maze, is that it is not enough for these men and women to be down on their luck as a big number of us are at this time, with the job markets going south and higher electricity and gas bills, gas in its self going through the roof, "these things not calculated in child support figures", but then too be humiliated by their names being in the Courier Journal is immoral and neglectful on both parties.
silence

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

deadbeat dad in aztec nm robert grijalva now behind over five thousand bucks. do not have children with this deadbeat!
Owens

Roseburg, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Where can I list my ex who owes back child support? I have not gotten a payment in at least 5yrs! Why is that creditors can find me but no one can find him? He could be dead for all I know. While I live paycheck to paycheck and going through a bankruptcy, he just falls off the ends of the earth? Pretty cool trick if you ask me.
DeadbeatDunces

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2008

Good for Irv Maze, publishing the names of the deadbeat dads. Quit having children you losers! Pay your child support!
sam bowles

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

i wish i knew how to get my ex on this list.
11,000 behind and in texas where i can't get him!!!! shawn spalding
grandma

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

joe sharp owens around 5000.back child support hasn't paid in 3 years there are charges on his but as of today he has not been picked up.
grandma

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

not owens sharp meant to address owens
Travis

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Not only deadbeat dads there are mothers too like Angela Lynn Wilson.
Tony

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Judged:

Im not on the list and I know there are people on the list who intentionally dodge paying child support but you also have to look and the people who can't pay.

Several years ago I lost my job and was out of work for almost a year no matter how much I tried to find one. Wiped out my savings just to live.

This put me way way behing in my patments. tried to get a stay/reduction on it and was pretty much told to go to hell.

Even now I make much less then I did before the child support was setand in order for me to get it reduced I will be paying legal bills for the small amount it will be reduced which will make it not worth it.

Cost of everything is rising. I GROSS 500 a week, after taxes and support I make a paltry 150 a week. If it wasn't for my new wife I wouldn't even be able to survive at all though things are hard because we have two children of our own.

So what I am basically saying and what I confront often is that not all the back owers are deadbeats and 5k is nothing to accumulate in back support. I went almost to 10k for being out of work one year. Keep that in mind when all you people do the witch hunt.

Yes there are alot of true deadbeats on that list, there are also alot of people who have fallen on hard times and are just trying to survive. They have to make a hard choice of trying to get themselves on there feet or paying the child support and becoming homeless which will put them farther behind on said support.
outraged

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

This deadbeat dad owes me over 10,000 and is a very well educated person who trys getting out of paying child support as much as possible henry de los santos is his name. clearwater
NoMoreCash

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

How are the deadbeat parents living in our communities able to maintain a higher standard of living than citizens who work hard and pay taxes? It's simple. They're not paying taxes. How can they live among us and not pay taxes? There are a number of "good citizens" who believe they are "helping someone out" by paying them in cash. You are the enablers. My ex-husband and father of my two children has managed to evade paying any child support for 15 years. His lifestyle includes season tickets to all the major sporting events, concerts, theatre and many vacation spots my children and I have only dreamed of. I have exhausted all legal avenues for collecting any support. Know who is mowing your lawn, landscaping your garden or painting your house and question why they insist on cash. Chances are--they owe money to good people who are trying to pay bills and taxes.(My children's deadbeat dad owes over $100,000)
Tired of the deadbeats

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

I made the unfortunate mistake of having a child with James Richard Stachowicz. Mr. Stachowicz lied to me claiming he had signed away his parental rights to his oldest child. Two years ago (five years after my divorce) I found out he owes over $49,000 to the mother of that child. He routinely quits his job, moves around, works under the table, and evades paying support to his two daughters and my son. No one seems to care. Three states, and not one of them will take actions to do something about this deadbeat jerk. The goverment would go after him if one of us was on welfare, but we are three self suffient hard working women, doing it on our own with no support, no medical, no daycare help. He deserves to be in prison. I can only hope one day he will face his maker and be hurt dearly then.
justsouknow

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

does anyone know will mcdonald of Bullit county? this man or spermdoner as i refer to him has not seen his children in 5 years.not even a christmas or birthday card. will not willingly pay unless the Bullitt co. sheriffs dept. comes looking for him and he gets scared and sends a half of a payment that is a measly 300 a month. he says he is working for cash doing construction or something like that for 8.50 an hour. thats aload of crap! you make more than that at a fast food place.anyway , if anyone has any info on where he is working please post it .me and MY 2 CHILDREN WOULD BE FOREVER GREATFUL. THE LOCAL CHILD SUPPOT OFFICE IS NO HELP.
grandma

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

I have 4 names ROBERT CURTIS,JUSTIN CRAVENS,DANNY HILL,JOESPH SHARP,none of the 4 will pay one cent JOESPH has a warrent on him has never been picked up they are all trash in my book.these children are better off not ever knowing any of them.they all should be in jail and if the law did its job they would,what goes around comes around.maybe some flyers with their pictures on them posted around town .
justsouknow

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

to GRANDMA; that is a great idea! what would be even better is that if the child support office would do their job. they say that WILL MCDONALD is working out of state so they cant find out where he is working.half the time I think they dont want to help. they make the mother feel like she is the bad person.that is my opinion anyway.i I have raised my 2 children by myself from the time they were born.He was no help when he was at home till we split in 2000. I have a daughter that is 17.she is a smart,beautiful person.she is a senior in high school,runs track and cross country and is looking at a scholarship,she wants to be a physical therapist.my son is 14,he also is a great kid. all I can say is that WILL MCDONALD has missed out.they dont even refer to him as dad.Its just,Will.My husband is dad to them.he is a great person,I wished he was their real dad. PLEASE,IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE WILL MCDONALD IS WORKIN PLEASE POST IT.THANK YOU.
grandma

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

justsouknow wrote:
to GRANDMA; that is a great idea! what would be even better is that if the child support office would do their job. they say that WILL MCDONALD is working out of state so they cant find out where he is working.half the time I think they dont want to help. they make the mother feel like she is the bad person.that is my opinion anyway.i I have raised my 2 children by myself from the time they were born.He was no help when he was at home till we split in 2000. I have a daughter that is 17.she is a smart,beautiful person.she is a senior in high school,runs track and cross country and is looking at a scholarship,she wants to be a physical therapist.my son is 14,he also is a great kid. all I can say is that WILL MCDONALD has missed out.they dont even refer to him as dad.Its just,Will.My husband is dad to them.he is a great person,I wished he was their real dad. PLEASE,IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE WILL MCDONALD IS WORKIN PLEASE POST IT.THANK YOU.
you are lucky that your kids have a step dad,if you live in bullitt co you won't get any help.
justsouknow

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

yes they are,he is a great dad.he has 2 boys of his own,16 and 10.we have just had a son together on sept.2 2008.and no,i dont live in bullitt co. I live in Knox co. in barbourville ky.that is where my ex is from until he moved to louisville and married again to a Tracy,she has 3 kids.I cant imagine why any one would marry him,he is a drunk and an abuser.His mom and sister even told her how he treated me but she didnt listen.
concerned mother

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Patrick Emil Sullivan, age 36, has been dodging child support for 15 years and was ordered to pay a small amount of $128 per MONTH and he is a union brick layer, making approximately $24 per hour and has not paid one red cent on this child of 15 - he has 2 children by 2 women and doesn't live with either woman, pays no child support on younger child either. He even signed court papers stating that he would pay child support, he receives notices every 3 years from Commonwealth of Ky Child Support Enforcement Division ordering him to pay support on the oldest child and he throws the notices in the trash. He is approximately $23,000 in back payments. The youngest child's mother won't even attempt to collect child support because she knows he is no good. He thinks he can bully and threaten the mother of the youngest child to stop any child support issues. She works 2 jobs every day to support her 9 year old child. He gets custody of the child every weekend, if she can contact him, so the mother can work all weekend to give the child the things she needs and wants. He does not take care of his daughter, his brother and sister-in-law and mother watch the child when he does get her. He lives with his brother and his wife. He has no expenses and does not save money and DOES NOT contribute to this childs needs or wants. He has not seen the oldest child since her FIRST Christmas, 15 years ago. He needs to be held accountable for his children. If you play you SHOULD pay! That's why they make condoms. He moves every 2 to 3 years if he isn't in jail for something else, so he can't be found. He has never been ordered to court nor has he spent 1 minute in jail over child support. Talk about DEAD BEAT DADS, he is definitely ONE!.
willie

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2008

sam bowles wrote:
i wish i knew how to get my ex on this list.
11,000 behind and in texas where i can't get him!!!! shawn spalding
Have you tried to file this in Texas ? They are usually good and will go after him.Keep trying in Texas .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE