Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul ...

Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters

There are 26306 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 26, 2010, titled Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Supporters of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul wrestled a woman to the ground and one stepped on her head after she tried to confront the candidate in Kentucky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Tax payer

Benton, KY

#32305 Mar 12, 2014
Ask yourself. Why does Walmart need to take over every business Why can't they pay a fair wage. How many billions do they need. Why don't they care about ther fellow Americans?when is enough enough. Do you like seeing empty buildings where family businesses used to be. Does that make ya feel good about America,,,,? It's a takeover of America. And you see no harm in that? Wow. When old man Walt was still alive he was proud of American made products. And his workers,,,,but now the greedy kids are running the show, and you support that ..? Are you happy watching America fall. In the name of capitalism, do you know what patriotism is? Do you care about your brothers and sisters,? I say again. Why does Walmart need to close every other business in the neighborhood,??????? Why???? Why won't they pay a fair wage.?
Well

Lexington, KY

#32306 Mar 12, 2014
Tax payer wrote:
No,,, people shop at Walmart because they don't have any money ,and Walmart undercuts the competition,which is ruining America. Monopoly is bad , what do you think America will look like in 10 years,,, when Walmart is the only place left to get anything, that's when they will make us pay. Whatever they want, And nobody will be able to afford food or clothing, because when there is no competition left. That is a dictatorship,,be carful what ya wish for. It might come true,,,use your head. What do ya think is gonna happen to us when Walmart is the only store left, So you are saying dictatorship is the American way???? Please define dictatorship ,,,,,it's sneaking in the back door desquised as capitalism., and you are to blind to see it. Choice is supposed to be democracy. Not. Monopoly
Aren't there also well off people who shop at Walmart because they too prefer lower prices generally to higher prices they might find elsewhere? How does Walmart pricing its products lower to gain customers bad for consumers? Let's say you are right and Walmart succeeds in driving its competition out of business. I will assume it would have done so because consumers preferred Walmart to other alternatives. What do you think will happen if Walmart then begins to behave like a monopolist by raising prices and generally providing poor customer satisfaction? The lure of profits would be an invitation for other competitors to enter the market. The moment Walmart even begins to behave as a monopolist would be a signal to other competitors. As long as there are not overly restrictive barriers to entry there is virtually no chance Walmart would be successful in harming consumers through monopoly power. The only way it could effectively exercise monopoly power would be if it somehow enlisted government to restrict its would be competitors. Your scenario cannot happen in a free society where other people are permitted to compete for consumers based on how well they please customers. Walmart has no power to coerce customers through its doors. People are free to choose other businesses for whatever reason they like. People democratically vote to voluntarily spend their money at Walmart obviously because they believe it is better than their next best alternative. we don't need to fear private entities like Walmart. We can fire them at a moments notice if they fail to please us as customers. That is no dictatorship. The dictatorship we should concern ourselves with is government. They are the only entity permitted to force us to do anything.
Well

Lexington, KY

#32307 Mar 12, 2014
Tax payer wrote:
Ask yourself. Why does Walmart need to take over every business Why can't they pay a fair wage. How many billions do they need. Why don't they care about ther fellow Americans?when is enough enough. Do you like seeing empty buildings where family businesses used to be. Does that make ya feel good about America,,,,? It's a takeover of America. And you see no harm in that? Wow. When old man Walt was still alive he was proud of American made products. And his workers,,,,but now the greedy kids are running the show, and you support that ..? Are you happy watching America fall. In the name of capitalism, do you know what patriotism is? Do you care about your brothers and sisters,? I say again. Why does Walmart need to close every other business in the neighborhood,??????? Why???? Why won't they pay a fair wage.?
What is fair is a subjective term. What may seem fair to you may not seem fair to me. The people who work at Walmart are exercising their best alternative. Walmart made these workers their best offer otherwise they would work somewhere else. How much sense does it make to criticize someone who gave you your best offer? The people who are working at Walmart view themselves as being better off versus their next best alternative. These people are free to work at Walmart or they can choose their next best choice. For many of these people having a job, even an entry level job at Walmart is a way to gain experience that can lead to a better paying job in the future. I don't find anything wrong with the way Walmart conducts its operations. No one is forced to work or shop there. These empty buildings will someday be used for other activities but once again its the consumers who shop at Walmart that enable Walmart to do what it does. So if there is a culprit it it the customer. So, what do you propose to do about the injustices you perceive at Walmart? Do you want to use the brute force of government to make Walmart behave as you see fit or defined by your idea of fairness?
Know

Greenville, KY

#32308 Mar 12, 2014
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>How did that little SOB Mitch get so rich in Public Office and accomplish absolutely nothing in 30 long years?
Must be. A Republican.
Reminds me of that pos Hal Rogers.
That's one of the problems, and there are many, with the way liberals think. Politicians in Washington constantly doing things is why we are in a declining economic state, why our liberty is being exchanged for perceived safety, why every bill is full of pork. I love it when the President is out playing golf or vacationing, he can't be in the office f'ing things up worse. He needs to take Congress golfing too.
Tax payer

Benton, KY

#32310 Mar 13, 2014
And George bush gave us the patriot act,,,that is why the constitution is toilet paper now,,,,thanks George We are happy to give up freedom for safety,,,, Republicans had no problem with that ,did they,,,,
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#32311 Mar 13, 2014
Tax payer wrote:
How is caring about my neighbors. Comunism? Wow. What happend to us? I think communism is the new capitalism.,,,some have everything ,while most have nothing. Isn't that how communist dictators live. You are a little mixed up in the head,HANGING. Power in the hands of a few Is communism. I think you don't know the meaning of that word, I bet if your parents had a paint store. And Walmart put them out of business. Ya might have a problem with that,,,do you live in a bubble?
Well, Obama is making sure that those that have everything only get richer while the others (middle class) pay for those who have nothing. In the last 5 years the rich/poor divide has only gotten wider with the middle getting poorer.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#32312 Mar 13, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Obama is making sure that those that have everything only get richer while the others (middle class) pay for those who have nothing. In the last 5 years the rich/poor divide has only gotten wider with the middle getting poorer.
You still get your Food Stamos boy.

Eat that Cheese and smile you loser.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#32313 Mar 13, 2014
<quoted text>You still get your Food Stamos boy.
Eat that Cheese and smile you loser.
Why would John Stamos be giving me cheese?
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#32314 Mar 13, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would John Stamos be giving me cheese?
So you do not starve you deadbeat pos Welfare boy.
whitehair

Louisville, KY

#32315 Mar 13, 2014
<quoted text>So you do not starve you deadbeat pos Welfare boy.
Naw, most Republicans work! Sorry you have to await your welfare check, but then, Obama says "you don`t have to work".
amj

Winchester, KY

#32319 Mar 13, 2014
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, most Republicans work! Sorry you have to await your welfare check, but then, Obama says "you don`t have to work".
yea they do don,t they.work on getting rich.an richer.
Well

Lexington, KY

#32320 Mar 13, 2014
Tax payer wrote:
And George bush gave us the patriot act,,,that is why the constitution is toilet paper now,,,,thanks George We are happy to give up freedom for safety,,,, Republicans had no problem with that ,did they,,,,
You have a point. The Congress and the President violate their oaths to defend the Constitution every day because most of what Congress and the President do are not authorized by the Constitution. Freedom within a civilized society is a state in which government sanctioned violence is only permitted in instances where one person violates the natural or God-given rights of another person. Our government would use violence against people for all manners of things that have nothing to do with protecting the rights of others. The primary reason we established a government was to defend our rights - not have government control our lives and economy. Most of our laws have nothing to do with punishing those who would violate our rights but have more to do with managing our lives.
Poorboy

Mount Vernon, KY

#32322 Mar 13, 2014
~Well~said its becoming a sad country that we co-habitat in, when we as people of this Nation , Notice i didn't say "Great nation" It once was, but when we have to spend more time trying to find a ways to uphold the Constitution as people , because The Congress has violate there oaths to defend it, or The President has manage to bring it down far enough that it is becoming a government controlled economy with a society full of over taxed ,under educated politicians left to control Our economy.
Poorboy

Mount Vernon, KY

#32323 Mar 13, 2014
Interesting, to say the least, looks like we have a Democrat Judge about the mist judging every post you don't agree with, so I take it you like paying extra taxes, having your economy controlled by the government and all the jobs sent overseas. So your family and ours will be out of jobs.. OH or let me guess you like drawing your Food stamps & check sitting on your ass all day.
You like to judge you just don't like to stand up and "Salute that Flag.?
whitehair

Louisville, KY

#32324 Mar 14, 2014
The sad part of this is that our Congress people and our POTUS are sworn in to office to up hold the Constitution. Obama has gone around it more time than could be counted .Congress does nothing. Only one has stood up and seems fired up enough to get something started, Mr.Trey Goudy. Not from our State.

Vote for more people from the Tea Party, term limits, and honest following of the Constitution !!
LiBerals

Saint Paul, MN

#32325 Mar 14, 2014
whitehair wrote:
The sad part of this is that our Congress people and our POTUS are sworn in to office to up hold the Constitution. Obama has gone around it more time than could be counted .Congress does nothing. Only one has stood up and seems fired up enough to get something started, Mr.Trey Goudy. Not from our State.
Vote for more people from the Tea Party, term limits, and honest following of the Constitution !!
Vote more people from the Tea Party out,they have done but destroyed our democracy and have sold out to the corporate lobbyist special interest pacts a.k.a Koch Bros. and Rove,this President is doing the right thing by using his executive powers over a non-functional congress,to insure the defense and common welfare of the people.

Were moving Forward for America.!
babbs

East Bank, WV

#32326 Mar 14, 2014
Twisted
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#32329 Mar 15, 2014
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not work you sorry deadbeat pos.

You live off of Government handouts.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#32330 Mar 15, 2014
whitehair wrote:
He has the fewest Executive Orders of any President in modern History.

Less than half as many as W.

But since you are an illiterate pos, you so not know that you Welfare bum.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#32331 Mar 15, 2014
Poorboy wrote:
~Well~said its becoming a sad country that we co-habitat in, when we as people of this Nation , Notice i didn't say "Great nation" It once was, but when we have to spend more time trying to find a ways to uphold the Constitution as people , because The Congress has violate there oaths to defend it, or The President has manage to bring it down far enough that it is becoming a government controlled economy with a society full of over taxed ,under educated politicians left to control Our economy.
Just leave you ignorant pos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The HEALING PLACE is GOOD because it also hleps... 18 hr dopehopimp 14
looking for one night stand (Aug '12) 23 hr Stevej71 17
Thugs get what dey get..even you Kelly! 23 hr Truth speaker 2
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) Sat _FLATLINE-------- 9,725
Louisville Tweakers Sat lol45 8
Louisville should be like cities and help home... Sat Johny rebel 6
Employers should not id the HOMELESS. Sat Johny rebel 11

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance