medical marijuana meeting in frankfor...

medical marijuana meeting in frankfort august 21 @ noon

Posted in the Louisville Forum

Medi-Jane

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 16, 2013
Be part of KY history. Kentucky government will be discussing medical marijuana during the August 21st Health and Welfare Committee meeting in Frankfort. It will be held at the Capitol Annex building in room 129.
Irvin Rosenfeld, a FEDERAL MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT, will be there to speak on our behalf. In the last poll taken, 78% of Kentuckians feel that medical marijuana should be legal! Please come help us persuade our legislators to allow patients safe access to medical marijuana for the citizens of Kentucky! Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently said he is in favor of medical marijuana and that it is hypocritical of our government to hold a patent on marijuana having medicinal properties while stating that it has no medicinal properties. You can see his statement on CNN.com .
The meeting will be starting at 12 pm(noon) EDT, but I would recommend trying to arrive at least 1 hour early due to the amount of people that will be in the building.
Following the formal meeting we will move the discussion to the capital steps and have a rally at the capital.
Please come out and show your support for medical marijuana.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Louisville, KY

#2 Aug 17, 2013
As a person who is in the medical field I have nothing against medicinal marijuana; however, it should only be prescribed for certain conditions. There should credible research supporting marijuana's effectiveness for the affliction. In California, one can get an rX far too easily.
The FDA would likely be the biggest hurdle for nationwide legalization of medicinal marijuana. The FDA approves PRODUCTS, not SUBSTANCES. Since there are so many types of pot with varying amounts of THC, cannabinoids,etc.., there would most likely have to be a change or exception made by the FDA's approval process.
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#3 Aug 17, 2013
Bullcrap they should legalize all drugs......

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Louisville, KY

#4 Aug 17, 2013
Scarecrow wrote:
Bullcrap they should legalize all drugs......
Switzerland had a massive rate of crimes that were being committed in order for addicts to procure heroin, as well as a soaring number of people transmitting diseases which are common with IV-drug users using tainted needles.
The Swiss government, looking to alleviate these issues, started allotting addicts a daily allowance of heroin. They would basically go to a clinic and be dosed with "safe" (free of other, more harmful chemicals used by dealers to cut the drug) heroin using clean needles. The result was a sharp drop in crime and less cases of disease transmission.
That being said, I hope that you are joking. If not, you either abuse some pretty hardcore substances, or you are na´ve and moronic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mother arrested on drug charges after falling a... (Aug '13) 40 min Say no to drugs 5
Need Dope 2 hr all that sparkles 12
News Martin Luther King Jr. monument brings rights a... (Oct '11) 3 hr rebel111 16
Confederate Monument - UofL (Apr '12) 3 hr rebel111 78
kentucky will take Louisville out to the barn a... 4 hr rebel111 1
thank you sons of confederate veterans for figh... 4 hr rebel111 14
News Hillview man arrested for shooting down drone; ... 6 hr tired of the sickos 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages