Louisville newspaper endorses Obama f...

Louisville newspaper endorses Obama for 2nd term

There are 14 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Nov 4, 2012, titled Louisville newspaper endorses Obama for 2nd term. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

The newspaper's editorial board said in its endorsement published Sunday that Obama "has helped steer the nation from the brink of a major depression, extricated it from one unpopular war and imposed a deadline for another." The newspaper said the president's health care reforms were crucial and credited him with helping save the U.S. auto ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 4, 2012
You couldnt miss that big ad in the paper if you tried to.

“Im Right here”

Since: Jun 12

Cause You need the education.

#3 Nov 5, 2012
New York Daily News joins growing number of newspapers switching endorsement to Romney

Published November 04, 2012

FoxNews.com

Nov. 2, 2012: Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney at Wisconsin Products Pavilion at State Fair Park.(AP)

One of New York’s most influential and traditionally Democratic media organizations pulled a stunner Sunday when it reversed its 2008 endorsement of Barack Obama to join the New York Post in endorsing Mitt Romney.

“Four years ago, the Daily News endorsed Obama, seeing a historic figure whose intelligence, political skills and empathy with common folk positioned him to build on the small practical experience he would bring to the world’s toughest job,” the endorsement in part states.“We valued Obama’s pledge to govern with bold pragmatism and bipartisanship. The hopes of those days went unfulfilled.”

The endorsement also ticks off a list of reasons for why the daily tabloid is backing Romney in 2012 – including smaller paychecks, fewer jobs and higher subway fares and gasoline prices.

The 11 papers, according the study, that also switched to Romney are:

The New York Daily News

Long Island Newsday

Houston Chronicle

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Orlando Sentinel

Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel

Nashville Tennessean

Des Moines Register

Illinois Daily Herald

Los Angeles Daily News

Los Angeles Press-Telegram

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/04/ne ...

Check mate.

“Hello”

Location hidden

#5 Nov 5, 2012
PolitiCat wrote:
New York Daily News joins growing number of newspapers switching endorsement to Romney
Published November 04, 2012
FoxNews.com
Nov. 2, 2012: Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney at Wisconsin Products Pavilion at State Fair Park.(AP)
One of New York’s most influential and traditionally Democratic media organizations pulled a stunner Sunday when it reversed its 2008 endorsement of Barack Obama to join the New York Post in endorsing Mitt Romney.
“Four years ago, the Daily News endorsed Obama, seeing a historic figure whose intelligence, political skills and empathy with common folk positioned him to build on the small practical experience he would bring to the world’s toughest job,” the endorsement in part states.“We valued Obama’s pledge to govern with bold pragmatism and bipartisanship. The hopes of those days went unfulfilled.”
The endorsement also ticks off a list of reasons for why the daily tabloid is backing Romney in 2012 – including smaller paychecks, fewer jobs and higher subway fares and gasoline prices.
The 11 papers, according the study, that also switched to Romney are:
The New York Daily News
Long Island Newsday
Houston Chronicle
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Orlando Sentinel
Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel
Nashville Tennessean
Des Moines Register
Illinois Daily Herald
Los Angeles Daily News
Los Angeles Press-Telegram
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/04/ne ...
Check mate.
What does this got to do with what was said in the Courier Journal? Hell,your not even local.
Vote Obammie OUT

Radcliff, KY

#6 Nov 5, 2012
sandy63 wrote:
You couldnt miss that big ad in the paper if you tried to.
I did. Because I don't read the Courier-Urinal. Hopefully this little stunt puts the final nail in the C-J's coffin and that out-dated liberal rag finally goes under.

“Hello”

Location hidden

#7 Nov 5, 2012
Vote Obammie OUT wrote:
<quoted text>I did. Because I don't read the Courier-Urinal. Hopefully this little stunt puts the final nail in the C-J's coffin and that out-dated liberal rag finally goes under.
I do read the paper,but i didnt like them doing that,as not everyone is for Obama.
Vote Obammie OUT

Radcliff, KY

#8 Nov 5, 2012
sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>I do read the paper,but i didnt like them doing that,as not everyone is for Obama.
The only thing the Liberal-Journal is good for is lining the bird cage. And my bird died, so I have no use for it what so ever.
dougalicous

Clarksville, IN

#9 Nov 5, 2012
Vote Obammie OUT wrote:
<quoted text>I did. Because I don't read the Courier-Urinal. Hopefully this little stunt puts the final nail in the C-J's coffin and that out-dated liberal rag finally goes under.
what stunt did they pull? I'm lost.
Give up

United States

#10 Nov 5, 2012
No shock here. C-J endorsed that other liberal dog for years. Abramson.

“Hello”

Location hidden

#11 Nov 5, 2012
dougalicous wrote:
<quoted text>
what stunt did they pull? I'm lost.
They endorsed Obama in the opinion section of Sundays paper.
dougalicous

Clarksville, IN

#12 Nov 5, 2012
sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>They endorsed Obama in the opinion section of Sundays paper.
Ok I'm lost. How was that a stunt? They have always endorsed candidates for president. Most newspapers do. Are you that uninformed?
dougalicous

Clarksville, IN

#13 Nov 5, 2012
dougalicous wrote:
<quoted text>Ok I'm lost. How was that a stunt? They have always endorsed candidates for president. Most newspapers do. Are you that uninformed?
I bet you watch Fox News constantly.

“Hello”

Location hidden

#14 Nov 5, 2012
dougalicous wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I'm lost. How was that a stunt? They have always endorsed candidates for president. Most newspapers do. Are you that uninformed?
Where did i say it was a stunt? I was just answering a question.
dougalicous

Clarksville, IN

#15 Nov 5, 2012
sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>Where did i say it was a stunt? I was just answering a question.
Sandy dear, I stand corrected. Wrong person and I am sorry.

“Hello”

Location hidden

#16 Nov 5, 2012
dougalicous wrote:
<quoted text>
Sandy dear, I stand corrected. Wrong person and I am sorry.
No problem.Vote tomorrow doug.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I asked where you got your hat 7 min Ghostly Hollow 2
What gets you sexually charged? 1 hr Thats Weird 10
Trump for President, He will win. watch 2 hr Earl 543
rooming houses/boarding houses 7 hr cape cod 1
News Louisville drug kingpin cuts deal, gets more le... (Aug '13) 11 hr Boss 8
Cara Hamilton school teacher (Dec '14) 12 hr WOW 5
cts russell halfway house barbara strahm on com... (May '11) 15 hr Grad aug 16 159

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages