FBI investigating central figure in West Liberty rebuilding

There are 20 comments on the Aug 21, 2013, The Courier-Journal story titled FBI investigating central figure in West Liberty rebuilding. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

The FBI confirmed Wednesday that it is investigating Morgan County Judge Executive Tim Conley, a central figure in the area's recovery from a devastating 2012 tornado.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brenda Cox

West Liberty, KY

#1 Aug 21, 2013
I think it's a shame that people in west liberty are all talking about Tim Conley,you all don't know what is going on.So instead of talking about him pray for him and his family, this has to be hard on all of them.Remember we are not his judge. Most of you that is talking about him he has helped you.
Morgan

West Liberty, KY

#2 Aug 21, 2013
Brenda Cox wrote:
I think it's a shame that people in west liberty are all talking about Tim Conley,you all don't know what is going on.So instead of talking about him pray for him and his family, this has to be hard on all of them.Remember we are not his judge. Most of you that is talking about him he has helped you.
Brenda , it is shameful that you do not want the truth to come out. You sound as if you support him regardless of what he may or may not have done because he has helped you. You should be interested in Morgan County and its people not what YOU have gotten from him. Everyone should want the truth told . That would make Morgan County a better place to call home. Remember, you are not our judge either. The truth stands when all else fails.
Sad People

West Liberty, KY

#3 Aug 21, 2013
I hope WHEN Tim is CLEARED, of whatever, all you pathetic people are saying about him and the Fredericks,that the Commonwealth Attorney will charge each of you with slander!!!

max

Cresco, IA

#5 Aug 21, 2013
Sad People wrote:
I hope WHEN Tim is CLEARED, of whatever, all you pathetic people are saying about him and the Fredericks,that the Commonwealth Attorney will charge each of you with slander!!!
LMAO
max

Cresco, IA

#6 Aug 21, 2013
Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
Brenda , it is shameful that you do not want the truth to come out. You sound as if you support him regardless of what he may or may not have done because he has helped you. You should be interested in Morgan County and its people not what YOU have gotten from him. Everyone should want the truth told . That would make Morgan County a better place to call home. Remember, you are not our judge either. The truth stands when all else fails.
amen
max

Cresco, IA

#7 Aug 22, 2013
When a judge gets access to millions of dollars of federal relief money and purchases a property that has a small office building and a garage for almost $2,000,000.00 that is not worth 1/4 of that price it sends up a red flag especally when he worked for the seller. An F3 tornado wipes out the city of west liberty makeing hundreds homeless and that same judge bans them from moveing in a mobile home,,, yeah thats really helping those homeless,,, how many of those properties has now been purchased by straw purchasers for the fredricks? A 5 million wellness center complete with 4 bowling lanes and a rock climbing wall,,, wonder who got the contract to build that? All of them red flags pointing to crooks.
Vanilla Gorilla

West Liberty, KY

#8 Aug 22, 2013
Sad People wrote:
Yeah, that's not going to happen. He cannot hide behind his folksy facade any longer. The truth is coming, and you're not gonna like it :)

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Louisville, KY

#9 Aug 22, 2013
Sad People wrote:
Slander is not a criminal offense so the Commonwealth Attorney is irrelevant. Official misconduct, on the other hand, is so lets not break too many windows in that glass house you're living in!
DWGone

United States

#10 Aug 22, 2013
Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
Call home? Are you also another one that covers child molesters, like the judicial system& law enforcement? In exchange for narcing on people, sex offenders are allowed to roam free? You wouldn't call it home if someone close to you had been molested by adults permitted to live here in this safe haven. You idiots in this county need to get your priorities straight!
What

West Liberty, KY

#11 Aug 22, 2013
DWGone, I live in this county. What are you talking about you keep posting this over and over. What children are being hurt and this county is not doing anything about it? First of all, I have no clue what you are talking about, and I am certain there are others who don't know either. If our county officials know and have done nothing then we the people want to know. And furthermore if this situation is going on then not all of Morgan county know of it so don't be calling everyone idiots when we don't know. And the sad thing is if you DWGone know this is happening and cant do anything but sit on here and type about it then that shows your lack of character, for not caring more about innocent children. How dare you get on here and blame us who do not know for this, when you obviously do know and allow it to happen. That's sick.
DWGone

United States

#12 Aug 22, 2013
What wrote:
DWGone, I live in this county. What are you talking about you keep posting this over and over. What children are being hurt and this county is not doing anything about it? First of all, I have no clue what you are talking about, and I am certain there are others who don't know either. If our county officials know and have done nothing then we the people want to know. And furthermore if this situation is going on then not all of Morgan county know of it so don't be calling everyone idiots when we don't know. And the sad thing is if you DWGone know this is happening and cant do anything but sit on here and type about it then that shows your lack of character, for not caring more about innocent children. How dare you get on here and blame us who do not know for this, when you obviously do know and allow it to happen. That's sick.
state police, city police, sheriff, court system, schools, they all know about it. Lex18 knows about it. You don't know about it because the state has the others on there payroll. Story broke in 2010 on lex18. Check it out for yourself. Search for wheelrim. 3 remain free. You must be one of the very few that didn't know what's been going on, since we have been told it has been going on for 15 years. You are right, there will not be any more postings about this subject, because I have taken this fight outside the state. I have turned to the media, since this state has kept it hush. Some very interested people not in the Main Street media, that wants to learn more. I guess you will see many more cover ups in time.
pat

West Liberty, KY

#13 Aug 22, 2013
max wrote:
<quoted text>He has helped himself and the fredricks
aAMEN
You Know

West Liberty, KY

#14 Aug 23, 2013
What wrote:
http://www.lex18.com/news/two- men-arrested-charged-with-rape -of-child/ None of the rest was convicted
pat

West Liberty, KY

#15 Aug 23, 2013
DWGone wrote:
<quoted text>state police, city police, sheriff, court system, schools, they all know about it. Lex18 knows about it. You don't know about it because the state has the others on there payroll. Story broke in 2010 on lex18. Check it out for yourself. Search for wheelrim. 3 remain free. You must be one of the very few that didn't know what's been going on, since we have been told it has been going on for 15 years. You are right, there will not be any more postings about this subject, because I have taken this fight outside the state. I have turned to the media, since this state has kept it hush. Some very interested people not in the Main Street media, that wants to learn more. I guess you will see many more cover ups in time.
WTF does any of this have to do with Tim Conley?
Jimmy

United States

#16 Aug 23, 2013
I've heard it was 600,000 and it should be a public record for all to see as it was the community's money spent and as far as flat land in city limits and acreage it wasn't that far out of the ball park if you compare it too how much advanced auto, mountain telephone paid for there land as its location, location and location. As far as favoritism and politics goes.. It's been going on for a long time and I have no knowledge of the seller but I'm sure there was a friendly relationship for that purchase before looking at other locations in city limits.
Hardline

Winchester, KY

#19 Aug 24, 2013
max wrote:
When a judge gets access to millions of dollars of federal relief money and purchases a property that has a small office building and a garage for almost $2,000,000.00 that is not worth 1/4 of that price it sends up a red flag especally when he worked for the seller. An F3 tornado wipes out the city of west liberty makeing hundreds homeless and that same judge bans them from moveing in a mobile home,,, yeah thats really helping those homeless,,, how many of those properties has now been purchased by straw purchasers for the fredricks? A 5 million wellness center complete with 4 bowling lanes and a rock climbing wall,,, wonder who got the contract to build that? All of them red flags pointing to crooks.
Rising Sun owned by the Akers family got that contract. They have more connections than the Fredrick's will ever have.
Truth Teller

West Liberty, KY

#20 Aug 25, 2013
The only bad thing about all this is that if Conley is found to be corrupt, you can be sure that he isn't the only one that profited from all this money.

He would be more of a puppet on a string than a criminal mastermind. However, what will likely happen is that he will get charged and convicted. After that we will get a new judge.

Problem is the feds will cut the strings and put the puppet in a box, but the puppet masters will just have a new puppet and still be left pulling the strings.

If the money trail isn't followed all the way up, then you might as well leave Conley in place.
Never mind

West Liberty, KY

#21 Aug 25, 2013
Never mind that he has been pushing for a 3% payroll tax to cover all this spending and his bad decisions, so one way or another we will all pay for his actions. I think a few of his cheerleaders should remember this when they are having to pay this tax; that is if they even work at all.It's not right whether it's criminal actions or not. I'll bet the city will follow right behind him and raise their tax too. There is something here or the feds wouldn't be showing up. If he's guilty of wrongdoing then he and anyone involved needs to pay the price.
janis

West Liberty, KY

#22 Aug 26, 2013
If it was such a good guy then why did my husband have to plow a mile of county road ditches
with a turning plow and homemade grader and buy gravel for the road
Truth

United States

#24 Aug 29, 2013
Sad People wrote:
It's called freedom of speech, I pulled two tours in irag, I believe I have the right to say that much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hot blonde??? 7 hr kyfreak 1
Louisville the next Baltimore 8 hr truth 5
Ricky Ovington (Nov '13) 9 hr haha 5
Time Warner Cable 10 hr now you know 7
Candace Stevens Hall 11 hr EIIa 2
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 13 hr opie282 86
Court records: Man charged in fatal 'road rage'... 15 hr jury please convict 5
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE