evolution is a theory
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Set me free

United States

#21 Oct 15, 2013
Jenn wrote:
If you think the bible is a fairy tale really read it and then explain to me how it was known that the earth was round even before us dumb humans knew it was. Jeremiah also talked about streams running into rivers and rivers running into oceans. How was all this explained so long ago before science evolved. Only evolution I believe in is science evolution. If we came from apes then why are there still apes, are the ones who are still apes the stupid ones who arent smart enough to be human. WTF!!!
you're referring to deep ocean springs, not streams down a mountain like the heathen piggy suggests

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#22 Oct 16, 2013
Set me free wrote:
<quoted text> the dumbest analogy I've ever read.
The analogy illustrates the logical flaw in the "why are there still apes" argument quie nicely. I am sure you understand the analogy, or you would not be trying to counter it like this.

Level 1

Location hidden

#23 Oct 16, 2013
Set me free wrote:
<quoted text> follow you're own advice and quit hiding behind liberal college walls.
Do tell me where I refer to stuff being taught in colleges. I have given only examples anyone can see with their own eyes.

Level 1

Location hidden

#24 Oct 16, 2013
Set me free wrote:
<quoted text> you're referring to deep ocean springs, not streams down a mountain like the heathen piggy suggests
Oh,I see, you mean the ocean springs from the book of Job. The same book that writes about the fire-breathing sea creature Leviathan. The book ob Job is hardly an example of scientific accuracy.

I assume you are a heathen too, if only in the eyes of muslims, buddhists, sikhs, hindus and others with holy books.
Politically Incorrect

United States

#25 Oct 16, 2013
reagun wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,I see, you mean the ocean springs from the book of Job. The same book that writes about the fire-breathing sea creature Leviathan. The book ob Job is hardly an example of scientific accuracy.
I assume you are a heathen too, if only in the eyes of muslims, buddhists, sikhs, hindus and others with holy books.
you're human gods are constantly finding new species as well as species that they never thought could exist. Fire breathing impossible? http://ncse.com/cej/2/1/bombardier-beetle-myt... now go grovel before science and see if its going to save you in the end
Bad Monkey

Louisville, KY

#26 Oct 16, 2013
If you wish to remain ignorant, hairless monkeys, that is your choice. Don't expect others to revel in your stupidity.

Level 1

Location hidden

#27 Oct 16, 2013
Politically Incorrect wrote:
<quoted text> you're human gods are constantly finding new species as well as species that they never thought could exist. Fire breathing impossible? http://ncse.com/cej/2/1/bombardier-beetle-myt... now go grovel before science and see if its going to save you in the end
The bombardier beetle is indeed a marvel. and I am glad you appreciate it too. It sprays a chemical, not fire. Unless you show me a dragon-like creature, I'll regard the book of Job as filled with "poetic freedoms".

There is no groveling before science, but I do enjoy nature. That is something we should be able to share.

You don't need threaten me with hell fire. Let's see if your faith saves you in the end from the wrath of Allah or one of the hundreds of other deities. What if you have picked the wrong one?
Politically Incorrect

United States

#28 Oct 16, 2013
reagun wrote:
<quoted text>
The bombardier beetle is indeed a marvel. and I am glad you appreciate it too. It sprays a chemical, not fire. Unless you show me a dragon-like creature, I'll regard the book of Job as filled with "poetic freedoms".
There is no groveling before science, but I do enjoy nature. That is something we should be able to share.
You don't need threaten me with hell fire. Let's see if your faith saves you in the end from the wrath of Allah or one of the hundreds of other deities. What if you have picked the wrong one?
you just don't get it do you? Good luck, you had better hope you're right. Islam is a whole other subject that I have debated with a Muslim and sent his behind packing. Atheists do not scare me, I am not you're typical "blind follower " of christ, I've read and compared and have listened to God with a humble and open heart. You with eyes who cannot see and ears who cant hear. Apostle Paul was a nobody and has had cathedrals built in his honor amongst other things, God has exalted him, but the emperor Nero who was vile and wicked is known only as such and is still to this day looked upon with contempt. So you tell me God doesn't make his mark and reward the faithful.
Politically Incorrect

United States

#29 Oct 16, 2013
Bad Monkey wrote:
If you wish to remain ignorant, hairless monkeys, that is your choice. Don't expect others to revel in your stupidity.
spoken like a true public schooled piggy. Now go lay down at you're God governments feet and collect you're mental disability check you flippin oinker.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#30 Oct 16, 2013
Evolution doesn't say we descended from monkeys religitard, tell us more about the science of a talking snake. Gravity is also a theory.
Do you really think we evolved from monkeys? If so you're a dumb azz. I'd be more inclined to believe genetic manipulation from an unknown higher form a species than we magically transformed from apes living in caves eating bananas to what we have now....gullible

Level 1

Location hidden

#31 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text> you just don't get it do you? Good luck, you had better hope you're right. Islam is a whole other subject that I have debated with a Muslim and sent his behind packing. Atheists do not scare me, I am not you're typical "blind follower " of christ, I've read and compared and have listened to God with a humble and open heart. You with eyes who cannot see and ears who cant hear. Apostle Paul was a nobody and has had cathedrals built in his honor amongst other things, God has exalted him, but the emperor Nero who was vile and wicked is known only as such and is still to this day looked upon with contempt. So you tell me God doesn't make his mark and reward the faithful.
I did not mean to scare you. I reflected your scare tactics to demonstrate you were using them.

I have read the bible too, multiple times actually, and as a kid I believed it. So as a child I had that open heart you refer to. Growing up I started to think for myself and discovered it is mostly the emperors new clothes: a lot of people shouting to themselves and others that they believe, while in fact the hear and see nothing of their god. As soon as you accept there may not be a god, a lot of the cognitive dissonance disappears.

Yes, man has built cathedrals, but also pyramids and the Taj Mahal. Go to Istanbul and you will see the Turks have built mosques over and around cathedrals. And evil men like Mao still get a lot of undeserved praise.

Peace.
Politically Incorrect

United States

#32 Oct 17, 2013
You're arrogance is proof of you're wickedness alone. You really think you scare me? You really think I haven't heard you're godless explanations elsewhere? Don't be so full of you're self, its very unbecoming. Time is running out.

Level 1

Location hidden

#33 Oct 18, 2013
You're arrogance is proof of you're wickedness alone. You really think you scare me? You really think I haven't heard you're godless explanations elsewhere? Don't be so full of you're self, its very unbecoming. Time is running out.
Like I said, I have no intention of scaring you. You saying "time is running out" is a scare tactic. You labeling my thinking for myself as arrogance is also a well-known religions conversation-killer.

It is kind of odd that you say you are familiar with the evidence for evolution, and that choose to close your mind. What is your explanation for neanderthal people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Dehut 50 min Kali 1
kimberly hurtt-caswell (Jul '10) 6 hr Ths_guy 5
It Was A first Time For Me 9 hr Willie2 16
Louisville residents, spend our money in Indiana 13 hr give them hell 3
Best bars in Louisville(not 4th St) (Oct '13) 13 hr Good ole boy 12
what are the areas to avoid? 19 hr realist 33
4th of July Song Dedication Sat ILoveToSing 1
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE