Ky. Baptist church ordains openly gay man

May 29, 2012 Full story: WAVE-TV Louisville 235

An eastern Louisville Baptist church has ordained an openly gay man as a minister with unanimous support from church members.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#23 May 29, 2012
Morton wrote:
<quoted text>Your ridiculous fiction has positively nothing to do with the Bible or anything Christian.
Have you ever even read the Bible?
No Christian discounts the Epistles of Paul, which most scholars consider to be closest to Jesus chronologically. They form a majority of the New Testament and are fully authorized by all Christians.
Mere chronological closeness is not a criterion for validity.

You are also conflating "christian" with "Saulian Nicene".

I don't dispute that Nicene followers of Saul are the most numerous and the dominant paradigm, often through the good offices of much mayhem and murder.

The observation that Saul plagiarized Plato and the Stoics (Philo of Alexandria, too) is not a matter of mere conjecture, much less a "fiction". The two groups of writings can be, and have been, placed side by side and compared. The thoughts are closely parallel in a great many particulars, and identical at some critical points. That these are incorporated seamlessly into his other propositions (without citation of their sources) attests to his deceptive practices.

Are we to assume that Plato, the Stoics and Philo of Alexandria were all prophets of the Father?

Here, AGAIN, is an easy-to-read comparison of the two collections of writings. There are more in-depth scholarly discussions available to anyone who wants to delve into the issue.

http://www.worldandi.com/newhome/public/2004/...

It is unremarkable that it was the gentile Nicene followers of Saul that collected a canon of writings that support their views ... then enforced those views with the sword of empire.

Not only was it unremarkable, it was predictable ... and was.
Revelations

United States

#24 May 29, 2012
Quit trying to change the subject, homosexuality is wrong it, it goes against natural order of the world, if it was ok then it wouldnt even be in question, you cannot be a preacher and be gay, quit ministering to what itching ears want to hear, you cannot teach the word of god all the while flaunting sin in everyones face because you are too proud and spoiled to admit its wrong. Period
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms

Souderton, PA

#25 May 29, 2012
Revelations wrote:
Quit trying to change the subject....it goes against natural order of the world....
No, you are mentally ill - a homophobe - and variations in sexual orientation are perfectly normal.

Except to mentally ill, sexually sick, outlier evilgelicals, of course.
Revelations

United States

#26 May 29, 2012
I teach what the bible clearly says, I am not a homophobe, dont judge lest ye be judged, and nor ammI mentally ill for standing up for,gods commands...you calling me mentally ill is delivering me to the afflicted like jesus said people would for his name. Get over it, homosexulity is a blatant rebellion against god, it says it as plain as murder, thievery, and adultry, quit trying to use scripture to attack scripture, and quit kidding yourself...ill bet your catholic? If not sure suprises me. Repent your feel good preaching, and tell the truth, god will judge you and me according to his word and part of that word is gay sex is a perversion...quit telling itching ears what they want to hear and quit delivering me to the afflicted for christs name sake, im warning you....its best you are cold than luke warm
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms

Souderton, PA

#27 May 29, 2012
Revelations wrote:
I teach what the bible clearly says, I am not a homophobe, dont judge lest ye be judged, and nor ammI mentally ill for standing up for,gods commands....
The Bible does not define what is mentally ill. Professional mental health workers do, and they have determined that homophobic bigotry is a mental illness and that variations in sexual orientation within a population are perfectly normal.

You do not "teach" what the buybull says equally. You don't, for example, spend your evenings on topix railing against those who take the Lord's name in vain. You fixate on five or sex alleged homosex scare passages in the buybull.

And the fact that you can't see or acknowledge or address this fact marks you as a cult minded moron.
Revelations

United States

#28 May 29, 2012
you dont know what i do. Nor what I preach against, ill tell you like i tell everyone else, if you wouldnt say something to me to my face, dont say it like a coward online, humans donot dictate jack nor do you, god does.
Revelations

United States

#29 May 29, 2012
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not define what is mentally ill. Professional mental health workers do, and they have determined that homophobic bigotry is a mental illness and that variations in sexual orientation within a population are perfectly normal.
You do not "teach" what the buybull says equally. You don't, for example, spend your evenings on topix railing against those who take the Lord's name in vain. You fixate on five or sex alleged homosex scare passages in the buybull.
And the fact that you can't see or acknowledge or address this fact marks you as a cult minded moron.
so many assumptions and so little time, quit listening to man and listen to your creator
Revelations

United States

#30 May 29, 2012
mormon, does your ignorance blind so much that you dont even know the meaning of phobia? So when you say im a homophobe, do you know what your even saying? Or do you throw that word around like an ignorant child? I definately am not a ''homophobe''

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#31 May 29, 2012
Rory wrote:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female;
Of course you can't. You have to flip him over. Thanks god.
Revelations

United States

#32 May 29, 2012
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are mentally ill - a homophobe - and variations in sexual orientation are perfectly normal.
Except to mentally ill, sexually sick, outlier evilgelicals, of course.
so i suppose sexual variations include..animals, kids and inanimate objects? Maybe this is all normal in your sick godless, moraless mind.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33 May 29, 2012
It is hopeful to see real Christians rather than phony Manito Trolls.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#34 May 29, 2012
Revelations wrote:
<quoted text> so i suppose sexual variations include..animals, kids and inanimate objects? Maybe this is all normal in your sick godless, moraless mind.
Your moral compass is broken.
Manito Abominator

Santa Cruz, CA

#35 May 29, 2012
Morton wrote:
<quoted text>My ridiculous fiction has positively nothing to do with the Bible or anything Christian.
I have never even read the Bible.
No Christian use the Epistles of Paul, which most scholars consider to be closest to Jesus chronologically, to abuse other people with.
Great post bro. Keep it up.
Manito Abominator

Santa Cruz, CA

#36 May 29, 2012
Revelations wrote:
I teach what the bible clearly says, I am not a homophobe, dont judge lest ye be judged, and nor ammI mentally ill for standing up for,gods commands...you calling me mentally ill is delivering me to the afflicted like jesus said people would for his name. Get over it, homosexulity is a blatant rebellion against god, it says it as plain as murder, thievery, and adultry, quit trying to use scripture to attack scripture, and quit kidding yourself...ill bet your catholic? If not sure suprises me. Repent your feel good preaching, and tell the truth, god will judge you and me according to his word and part of that word is gay sex is a perversion...quit telling itching ears what they want to hear and quit delivering me to the afflicted for christs name sake, im warning you....its best you are cold than luke warm
Go back to kindergarten and start over. You are NOT a man of God.
Manito Abominator

Santa Cruz, CA

#37 May 29, 2012
Revelations wrote:
Quit trying to change the subject, homosexuality is wrong it, it goes against natural order of the world, if it was ok then it wouldnt even be in question, you cannot be a preacher and be gay, quit ministering to what itching ears want to hear, you cannot teach the word of god all the while flaunting sin in everyones face because you are too proud and spoiled to admit its wrong. Period
STFU. You are making an ass of yourself.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#38 May 29, 2012
Manito Abominator wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU. You are making an ass of yourself.
Stay away from a fool, for you will not find knowledge on their lips.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#39 May 29, 2012
Manito Abominator wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making an ass of yourself.
OMG. Please don't lie with it.

Heads will explode, societies will fail and the cow will jump over the moon.
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms

Souderton, PA

#40 May 30, 2012
Revelations wrote:
<quoted text> so many assumptions and so little time, quit listening to man and listen to your creator
Hey lier fer jeebus, there's no assumption in stating you do not spend you're evenings railing on topix against those unrepentant sinners who take the lawd's name in vain.

Yet you do so spend your evenings railing against other unrepentant "sinners" - gay men.

This is not an assumption. This is fact. Okay, you dumb sht, talibangelical liar?

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#41 May 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. Please don't lie with it.
Heads will explode, societies will fail and the cow will jump over the moon.
Isn't the world coming to an end any day now?

ROTFLMAO When is the world going to wise up?

There is circumstantial evidence from numerous eye witnesses that three major technologies were discovered from aliens who crashed on our planet. Those were the transistor, fiberoptics, and titanium.
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms

Souderton, PA

#42 May 30, 2012
Revelations wrote:
<quoted text> so i suppose sexual variations include..animals, kids and inanimate objects? Maybe this is all normal in your sick godless, moraless mind.
Okay, let's leave your family tree out of this discussion.

However the same educated authorities who determine that homophobia is a mental disorder, and who say variations in sexual orientation are perfectly normal, would point out to you mountain folk that sex with your children and with your livestock is not normal.

As for inanimate objects, I'm quite sure the notion of a woman using a dil do holds no interest for you, since you're obviously fixated on men having sex with men, you having sex with children, you having sex with barnyard animals. Since that's all you post about.

Okay, you sick, buybull babbling moron?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman accused of hitting father of her children... 2 hr Sara Rose 4
Louisville woman charged with attempted murder 2 hr Sara Rose 5
Matthew Eckert v. Sandra McLaughlin for 30th Di... 3 hr Sara Rose 3
White women or White men... whose on top of Ame... 3 hr Sara Rose 1
The blonde that works at peddlers mall in Middl... 5 hr Trying to help 14
Will You Be Voting Republican? 7 hr Sam 35
Germantown Car Sleepers 8 hr Watchful Eye 1
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) Oct 13 Alexandria 254
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]