kentucky reduces marijuana possession...

kentucky reduces marijuana possession penalties

Posted in the Louisville Forum

“Kentucky Marijuana Party”

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Cave City Kentucky

#1 Mar 6, 2011
KENTUCKY REDUCES MARIJUANA POSSESSION PENALTIES

Kentucky (yes, that’s right, Kentucky) reduces marijuana penalties!

Dear Supporter:

After sailing through the House (97-2) and Senate (38-0), a sensible sentencing reform bill was signed into law by Gov. Steve Bashear (D) yesterday. H.B. 463 will reduce personal possession of less than eight ounces of marijuana from a Class A misdemeanor, with a penalty of up to a year in jail, to a Class B misdemeanor, with a maximum 45 day jail term. This change will go into effect on approximately June 24.

Additionally, it appears that individuals solely accused of marijuana possession will be cited — not arrested — under H.B. 463. If there are reasonable grounds to believe the individual will appear in court, H.B. 463 provides that police may not arrest people for misdemeanors. There are some exceptions. For example, an officer may (but is not required to) arrest in cases of a refusal to follow an officer’s reasonable instructions, and for offenses in which the defendant poses a risk of danger to himself or others.

During the floor debate, legislators discussed passing a “Phase 2” bill next year, and we can all work hard together to encourage lawmakers to reduce the penalty for marijuana possession to a non-criminal fine, as is the case in Mississippi and Ohio. Thank you to everyone who took action!

Sincerely,

Noah Mamber signature (master)
Envy And Fear UK Cats

Cecilia, KY

#2 Mar 6, 2011
This is great news!! Now I don't have to be so paranoid!!LMAO!! I always knew this marijuana heaven of a state would come through, eventually....!!!!
Captain Comeback

Cookeville, TN

#3 Mar 6, 2011
I wonder how many pot smokers will decide to move to KY now?

Bashear mush have got cought with a joint.

“Have a ”

Since: Jun 08

sunny day :)

#4 Mar 6, 2011
Captain Comeback wrote:
That was funny,but i dont see him needing to get high.

“Have a ”

#5 Mar 6, 2011
Captain Comeback wrote:
I started a comunity thread called "place for people to chat".Come and say hi sometime.
Captain Comeback

Cookeville, TN

#6 Mar 6, 2011
sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>That was funny,but i dont see him needing to get high.
You are probably right. LOL

“Have a ”

#7 Mar 6, 2011
Captain Comeback wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably right. LOL
Lol,i get "high" off being happy and being with my family,and bike riding etc.That might sound corny,but i dont need to smoke something to feel better :).
moi

Louisville, KY

#10 Mar 29, 2011
sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol,i get "high" off being happy and being with my family,and bike riding etc.That might sound corny,but i dont need to smoke something to feel better :).

Dork alert.

“Have a ”

#11 Mar 29, 2011
moi wrote:
<quoted text>
Dork alert.
Only dorks need to get high.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#12 Mar 29, 2011
Remember that even though you can posess it, you still can't USE it or have it in your system if you have a job in a drug free workplace. An employer still has the right to fire you if a ramdom test shows positive.Also people with posession charges will still have that on their records because a law change does not remove convictions that took place when MJ was illegal. Be careful with your future Peace!

“Kentucky Marijuana Party”

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Cave City Kentucky

#13 Jan 13, 2012
@ThomasA
You are absolutely right. HB463 was a "half-ass" decrim bill that was a joke in a lot of ways.
First of all for all the reasons that you stated above. Secondly, for years now - at least in louisville - officers have had the option to write a citation vs. arrest for small amounts of marijuana on their person. So in effect the "Bill" just put into writing what was already being done in the first place.
The workplace-insurance issue is a very valid issue. The government has effectively outsourced their criminal acts of imposing into our personal lives through the use of these entities.
Government by corporations has to come to an end or we will never be free again. That coupled with all the laws which have been passed to secure our safety,....well....What do we have left? Not much to fight with anymore. They have us surrounded on all sides and unless we all wake up and use the VOTE that the Constitution gives us and about the only right that we have left we will definitely loose. Even if you argue that the vote is fixed anyway, and it is, you have to use your right to vote in order to keep it.
Anyway, Im just ranting at this point but it really hurts to see our Country in the situation that it is in. I would suggest everyone research the history of our country and compare it to what we have now. It will astound you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zombie Walk??? 57 min doa 1
Ku Klux Klan rally nearing 1 hr doa 9
Harry deneree 9 hr Older 2
Bypine 9 hr Lol 2
St. James Court Art Show 11 hr wonderland1201 1
Uncle jeffy Sat Cousin Beffy 2
Cheating Bingo Halls (Nov '07) Fri lisa millet 293
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages