Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13607 Dec 6, 2012
yeah yeah points

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#13608 Dec 6, 2012
Mouse Moment;

Sen. Jim Demint is leaving Congress in Jan to become President of the Heritage Foundation.

- Good Riddance!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

“Listen up !”

Level 3

Since: Oct 12

If you want the Real story.

#13609 Dec 6, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Mouse Moment;
Sen. Jim Demint is leaving Congress in Jan to become President of the Heritage Foundation.
- Good Riddance!
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
This just in..Obama does exactly what we predicted months ago..

Obama to GOP: Don’t You Dare Give Me What I Asked For

"That is a bad strategy for America, it's bad strategy for businesses. It's not a game I will play."

-- President Obama talking to the CEO members of The Business Roundtable about the possibility that Congress might not grant him an unconditional increase to the debt limit.

President Obama will be campaigning in Northern Virginia today, explaining to voters, er, constituents that it is essential that Republicans vote to extend current tax rates for middle-class families.

But what if they did?

House GOP members are warming up to the idea of what in military terms might be called “strategic withdrawal”– a retreat to more favorable terrain.

The president has Republicans pretty well pinned down on the issue of federal income tax rates. The GOP can’t get an across-the-board extension of current tax rates through the Democratic Senate, and even if they could, Obama has vowed to veto any plan that doesn’t include a rate hike on top earners.

And if Republicans block a proposal that would prevent the tax rate hike for the vast majority of taxpayers in the name of protecting rates for top earners, rates will go up for all of the 53.6 percent of American households that pay federal income taxes.

On the other side of that rate hike, Republicans will have to fight for every cent of tax reduction and Obama would be in the enviable position of being the grantor of lower rates rather than the extender of existing rates.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/06/ob...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cathouse Mouse

#13610 Dec 7, 2012
Mouse Moment;

"I decided to burn lots of calories today so I set a fat kid on fire."

hahaha

Happy Friday!!!

“Its Eaiser to fool people than”

Since: Sep 11

convince them they are a fool

#13611 Dec 7, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Mouse Moment;
"I decided to burn lots of calories today so I set a fat kid on fire."
hahaha
Happy Friday!!!
Shouldn't treat your kids like that ..HAPPY FRIDAY..LOL

Jobless rate dips to 7.7 percent, but economy shows vulnerability in face of fiscal crisis

The unemployment rate ticked down to 7.7 percent in November, but the economy continued to showed vulnerability in the face of sweeping tax hikes and spending cuts hitting as early as next month.

The Labor Department's latest monthly report, the first since the presidential election, underscored how ill-equipped the economy is to withstand the looming fiscal crisis -- which economists warn could send the country plunging back into recession unless lawmakers avert it.

The report showed the economy added a modest 146,000 jobs in November. On the positive side, the government said Superstorm Sandy had only a minimal effect on the figures.

But while the jobless rate fell from 7.9 percent to 7.7 percent, the lowest since December 2008, the dip was in large part due to people giving up the job hunt. The government also said employers added 49,000 fewer jobs in October and September than initially estimated.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/07/us...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cathouse Mouse

#13612 Dec 7, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>Shouldn't treat your kids like that ..HAPPY FRIDAY..LOL
Jobless rate dips to 7.7 percent, but economy shows vulnerability in face of fiscal crisis
The unemployment rate ticked down to 7.7 percent in November, but the economy continued to showed vulnerability in the face of sweeping tax hikes and spending cuts hitting as early as next month.
The Labor Department's latest monthly report, the first since the presidential election, underscored how ill-equipped the economy is to withstand the looming fiscal crisis -- which economists warn could send the country plunging back into recession unless lawmakers avert it.
The report showed the economy added a modest 146,000 jobs in November. On the positive side, the government said Superstorm Sandy had only a minimal effect on the figures.
But while the jobless rate fell from 7.9 percent to 7.7 percent, the lowest since December 2008, the dip was in large part due to people giving up the job hunt. The government also said employers added 49,000 fewer jobs in October and September than initially estimated.
Compare that to what the actual report says;

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.ht...

"In November, 2.5 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force, essentially
unchanged from a year earlier."

"Among the marginally attached, there were 979,000 discouraged workers in November, little
changed from a year earlier."

-----

Your source bites the big one.

“Merry”

Since: Jun 08

Christmas

#13613 Dec 7, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
"In November, 2.5 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force, essentially
"Among the marginally attached, there were 979,000 discouraged workers in November, little
-----
Havent said hello in awhile,and hope your doing well.Have a good weekend.

Cathouse Mouse

#13614 Dec 7, 2012
Hi ya Sandy!

Things are still going, just at a snail pace if you get my drift.

Have a great weekend.

#13615 Dec 7, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
Not so mousetardio..

Republicans Caught in Austerity Trap

By Chris Stirewalt

Power Play

Published December 07, 2012

FoxNews.com

“The European community is now concerned with their amount of austerity.”

-- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid talking to reporters, warning of the effect of spending cuts proposed by Republicans.

Democrats are cheered today because the unemployment rate fell again to 7.7 percent, reinforcing their argument that government spending will eventually lead America out of its economic wilderness.

While the Obama administration promised that the 2009 stimulus package would have long ago banished such high unemployment numbers, the gradual ebbing of the unemployment rate still serves to bolster the Blue Team’s argument that now is the time to juice the economy with additional spending,

While Republicans are fairly well consigned to a terrible six months as they battle Obama on taxes and spending, the party has to figure out a way to stop being the Grinch party and start being the growth party.

-

Republicans, meanwhile, are calling for cuts, cuts, cuts. The party, forced into an ongoing fiscal fight by the defeat of their presidential nominee, is becoming the American version of the British Tories: The austerity party.

While Democrats are cheering the unemployment-rate drop, the truth is revealed in the underlying numbers. While the economy added 146,00 jobs, 542,000 Americans fell out of the labor market. If another 542,000 people had given up looking for work we might have gotten the top-line rate down to a flat 7 percent.

And whatever Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Jay Carney say today about the jobs numbers, Americans still understand that the economy is, at best, weak. The new normal still seems abnormal.

But in this environment, Republicans feel duty bound to hold the line on spending. They are making a generational argument, explaining that the deficit spending of today is not only immoral but is dooming our grandchildren to poverty.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/07/re...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cathouse Mouse

#13616 Dec 7, 2012
FOX says Ying

The US Bureau of Labor Statistics says Yang

... I'll go with Yang.

Cathouse Mouse

#13617 Dec 10, 2012
Mouse Moment;

"Our stupidity was not rewarded in the last election."

- Joe Scarborough

#13618 Dec 10, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Mouse Moment;
"Our stupidity was not rewarded in the last election."
- Joe Scarborough
Nope..Still gots ya an obama..So did you look for a job today mouse ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#13619 Dec 10, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
-----
Ur kind of an idiot arent you.I got the stats from the BLS..Its in the article but you didnt read that far did you ,before shooting off your uneducated mouse.

( CNSNews.com )– Excluding January 2009, the month when Barack Obama was inaugurated, unemployment has stayed above 8 percent, which is longer than under any other administration since the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) started measuring the monthly jobless rate: Over 8 percent for 43 months during Obama compared to a total of 39 months above 8 percent between 1948 and 2008.

Over the course of 50 years, the unemployment rate in the United States was above 8 percent for a total of 3 years and 3 months; under Obama alone, the rate has been above 8 percent for 3 years and 7 months.

Also, no other president presided over three consecutive years of average annual unemployment of more than 8 percent before Obama, according to the BLS data.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/bls-obama-une ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Merry”

Christmas

#13620 Dec 10, 2012
Keeping my fingers crossed that the fiscal cliff is resolved for everyone.Speaking for me and my husband,we cant afford a big rise in taxes.This will have major repercussions...

Dec 10 (Reuters)- Some money managers can't leave 2012 behind - even if they want to.

That's because President Barack Obama and Congressional Republicans remain locked in negotiations over avoiding the "fiscal cliff" - a package of nearly $600 billion in tax increases and spending cuts that, should they take effect as scheduled in 2013, could send the U.S. economy into a recession.

Not looking forward to 2013 if something isnt done...

Cathouse Mouse

#13621 Dec 11, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>Ur kind of an idiot arent you.I got the stats from the BLS..Its in the article but you didnt read that far did you ,before shooting off your uneducated mouse.
( CNSNews.com )– Excluding January 2009, the month when Barack Obama was inaugurated, unemployment has stayed above 8 percent, which is longer than under any other administration since the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) started measuring the monthly jobless rate: Over 8 percent for 43 months during Obama compared to a total of 39 months above 8 percent between 1948 and 2008.
Over the course of 50 years, the unemployment rate in the United States was above 8 percent for a total of 3 years and 3 months; under Obama alone, the rate has been above 8 percent for 3 years and 7 months.
Also, no other president presided over three consecutive years of average annual unemployment of more than 8 percent before Obama, according to the BLS data.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/bls-obama-une ...
No President has ever had to clean up after Dubbaya before.

You have nothing to crow about.

Cathouse Mouse

#13622 Dec 11, 2012
sandy63 wrote:
Keeping my fingers crossed that the fiscal cliff is resolved for everyone.Speaking for me and my husband,we cant afford a big rise in taxes.This will have major repercussions...
Dec 10 (Reuters)- Some money managers can't leave 2012 behind - even if they want to.
That's because President Barack Obama and Congressional Republicans remain locked in negotiations over avoiding the "fiscal cliff" - a package of nearly $600 billion in tax increases and spending cuts that, should they take effect as scheduled in 2013, could send the U.S. economy into a recession.
Not looking forward to 2013 if something isnt done...
Both sides agree that taxes on the middle class should not go up.

Both sides agree that the top 2% should pay more.

Both sides agree that there should be some (more) spending cuts.

The only thing both sides don't agree on is screwing around with medicare and defense spending cuts.

The President shouldn't back up an inch. 4 years of eating crap from these republicans who have used every dirty name and dirty tactic against his administration has finally cornered themselves. And it was indeed themselves who did it.

The President has no fingerprints on the sequester package. That was all Congress's doings. The President wasn't in the negotiations, nor did he sign anything.

Boehner will cave.

“Merry”

Christmas

#13623 Dec 11, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides agree that taxes on the middle class should not go up.
Both sides agree that the top 2% should pay more.
Both sides agree that there should be some (more) spending cuts.
The only thing both sides don't agree on is screwing around with medicare and defense spending cuts.
The President shouldn't back up an inch. 4 years of eating crap from these republicans who have used every dirty name and dirty tactic against his administration has finally cornered themselves. And it was indeed themselves who did it.
The President has no fingerprints on the sequester package. That was all Congress's doings. The President wasn't in the negotiations, nor did he sign anything.
Boehner will cave.
I know what your saying,but we cant afford more taxes,and here in kentucky,we pay a lot already.Good afternoon to you.

Cathouse Mouse

#13624 Dec 12, 2012
Mouse Moment;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/11/ashl...

Happy Hump Day!

Cathouse Mouse

#13625 Dec 12, 2012
Mouse Moment;

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."

- Thomas Jefferson

Cathouse Mouse

#13626 Dec 13, 2012
Mouse Moment;

In 1977, a 22 year old Bill Gates was arrested for reckless driving. Here's his official mug shot;

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/si...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 6 hr Oh No He Did Not 2
Police arrest seven people on drug charges at F... 6 hr bill 2
Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants drive... (Nov '07) 7 hr Sniper II 22
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 8 hr FARTIN LOUD WMY F... 143
brad jones fairdale 9 hr sandwich 9
places that hire felons.help! Fri constanceswan 1
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) Fri kctopps 61
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]