Parents appeal transgender policy at ...

Parents appeal transgender policy at high school

There are 15 comments on the WHAS11 story from Jul 3, 2014, titled Parents appeal transgender policy at high school. In it, WHAS11 reports that:

A group of parents have appealed a decision by a Louisville high school to allow transgender students to use the restrooms and locker rooms that correspond with their sexual identities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAS11.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Jul 3, 2014
Sigh!.........Again! This battle is being fought and lost all over the nation! First off, Are there any TGed kids in the school? Who will actually be affected? Or is it just a liberal policy being put forth by the board?
Yawn, Terri

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 3, 2014
TerryE wrote:
Sigh!.........Again! This battle is being fought and lost all over the nation! First off, Are there any TGed kids in the school? Who will actually be affected? Or is it just a liberal policy being put forth by the board?
Yawn, Terri
I don't think this is liberal policy I think it is a responsible respond by the school principle.
Also as the article states the change was made to accommodate a transgender student in the school.

Quote "The council voted last month to amend its policy after school Principal Thomas Aberli decided to allow a transgender student to use the girls' restroom and locker room. The student was born male but identifies as female." Unquote

I think these kind of policies are something that will help the next generation of gender variant americans grow up in a much more accepting world then what you or I grew up in and are more step closer to creating a more accepting world.
Kelly j ryan

United States

#5 Sep 5, 2015
Hello..
Why were restrooms segregated in the first place??
Exactly.
Why should we pander to one student?
Give him a gender neutral restroom to use.
These girls deserve their privacy.
He deserves his but he does not belong in a restroom with girls.
Kelly j ryan

United States

#6 Sep 5, 2015
Brandi P wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think this is liberal policy I think it is a responsible respond by the school principle.
Also as the article states the change was made to accommodate a transgender student in the school.
Quote "The council voted last month to amend its policy after school Principal Thomas Aberli decided to allow a transgender student to use the girls' restroom and locker room. The student was born male but identifies as female." Unquote
I think these kind of policies are something that will help the next generation of gender variant americans grow up in a much more accepting world then what you or I grew up in and are more step closer to creating a more accepting world.
It's irresponsible towards the girls to pander to one student just to be politically correct.
Why do you think bathrooms are segregated in the first place?
Cartoon watcher

Louisville, KY

#7 Sep 5, 2015
The freaks and their supporters have come to believe, through the actions and behaviors of the politically correct assholes, that they're somehow important. Entitled. They're not. They're circus animals. No more no less. They don't need their own bathroom, they don't need to share another bathroom. They need their own school. Period. They need to be segregated from the healthy and the normal. They won't fit in, because they don't fit in and they can't fit in, because they just don't fit. Kids are fuckedup enough without that twistedshit.
ewwwww

Ogdensburg, NY

#8 Sep 5, 2015
Kelly j ryan wrote:
Hello..
Why were restrooms segregated in the first place??
Exactly.
Why should we pander to one student?
These girls deserve their privacy.
He deserves his but he does not belong in a restroom with girls.
If you have a dick and a set of balls you should use the restroom for the men. Otherwise,you are being a weird creeper trying to pee with the girls.
Politically Incorrect

United States

#9 Sep 5, 2015
1000$ says its only the male to females that will want the benefit, female to male will stay in the female facilities. Bet my life on it
zyondra

Antioch, CA

#10 Sep 6, 2015
Politically Incorrect wrote:
1000$ says its only the male to females that will want the benefit, female to male will stay in the female facilities. Bet my life on it
That is the dumbest bet ever. You ever see adult FTMs?

Central NJ

#11 Sep 6, 2015
Obviously they have not! I considered replying and then decided not to. Replying to stupid remarks is how Pissing matches get started!
Regards, Terri
zyondra wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the dumbest bet ever. You ever see adult FTMs?

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#12 Sep 7, 2015
Kelly j ryan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's irresponsible towards the girls to pander to one student just to be politically correct.
Why do you think bathrooms are segregated in the first place?

Your misuse of correct pronouns concerning this individual tells me a conversation with you is pointless so I won't endeavor further in trying to explain GID to you. I will simple leave you the knowledge that in Europe they have had gender neutral restrooms for over 30 yrs without a problem.

Central NJ

#13 Sep 7, 2015
We are in a Post Caitlyn (Coming out) period of history now. It's a very small minority of people who don't know at least some of the horror of what we go through. Explanations aren't needed! What is needed is to open their minds. They'll act and speak as though they think we're getting away with something. Exactly what they haven't quite figured out yet, but surely, this can't be real! "How come we're just hearing about it now?" There are none so blind as those who won't see! Excellent Post!
Regards, Terri
Brandi P wrote:
<quoted text>
Your misuse of correct pronouns concerning this individual tells me a conversation with you is pointless so I won't endeavor further in trying to explain GID to you. I will simple leave you the knowledge that in Europe they have had gender neutral restrooms for over 30 yrs without a problem.
Shelby

Ogdensburg, NY

#14 Sep 8, 2015
School could rent some port a potty for the ones who do not know what they are,fighting their genitals and wanting to use opposite sex bathrooms
Jack Hoff

Louisville, KY

#15 Sep 11, 2015
The world has turned in to perverts and weirdos

Central NJ

#16 Sep 11, 2015
No it hasn'tWe're just trying secure some basic protections for people with this condition that's all. People with your views usually take the position transgendered people should be forced into positions where they don't fit and they should make the best of it. But they can't "Make the best of it" anymore than a fish out of water! Making the best of it forces us into very hostile territory. Recognition and accommodation are the answers, not the one size fits all solutions that you are married to.
Regards, Terri
Jack Hoff wrote:
The world has turned in to perverts and weirdos
Vigilante

United States

#17 Sep 11, 2015
TerryE wrote:
No it hasn'tWe're just trying secure some basic protections for people with this condition that's all. People with your views usually take the position transgendered people should be forced into positions where they don't fit and they should make the best of it. But they can't "Make the best of it" anymore than a fish out of water! Making the best of it forces us into very hostile territory. Recognition and accommodation are the answers, not the one size fits all solutions that you are married to.
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
we are all forced into situations that we must make the best of...youre a whiney little prick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah ANNANICE Reece 8 hr Mekalyn 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch 10 hr Scotty Steiner 1,917
Record Murder Rate 11 hr Politically Incor... 6
Slumlord of Lou,Ky (Jun '09) 18 hr John 60
Roofy on fourth street Mon Bud 7
anybody know AMANDA PERKINS (Sep '11) Mon Mandy5858 15
Sarah reece Mon Mekalyn 4

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance