Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Judged:

I am complaining about not receiving a requested itemized bill for the services provided in the amount $500.00 by Jan R. Waddell Sr. ATTORNEY AT LAW that was paid in cash for legal services on the alleged charge of Parole Violation. That I have paid in cash upon receiving a written receipt showing the requested $500.00 in full payment.

Upon accepting Jan R. Waddell Sr.'s legal counsel, he promised that he would represent my husband before the Kentucky Parole Board in person in Frankfort, Ky. once his parole revocation hearing was schedule. Per phone conversation on today Monday January 25, 2010, Jan R. Waddell Sr. has stated to me that he would not being representing my husband as promised.

This letter is to advise others that I am very displeased with Jan R. Waddell Sr. business ethics and practices of legal counsel. Due to him lying on more then one occasion, hanging up on me on the phone without reason, not returning my call; due to me questioning the fact that he has stated on more then one occasion that he had received a response from the Kentucky Parole Board and advising me that he was invited to represent my husband before the board in person once his parole revocation hearing was scheduled. I have requested an immediate refund of the remaining balance of Jan R. Waddell Sr.'s services, in which he has refused and have failed to provide a itemized bill.

Now that my husband is scheduled to go before the board for his parole revocation hearing, Jan R. Waddell Sr. is stating that the Kentucky Parole Board did not grant him permission to represent him in person and would only receive a letter on his behalf, which I told Jan R. Waddell Sr., I read on the internet. So, why he would take my money and lie stating that he was granted to right, I don't understand.

I have requested a itemized bill over a month ago and it still has not been provided after numerous requests and the only charges communicated was for the two hours Jan R. Waddell Sr. advised it took in drafting and preparing the letter submitted to the Kentucky Parole Board on behalf of my husband that he had previously advised in phone conversation.

I have requested a copy of the letter he received in response from Kentucky Parole Board behalf of my husband denying Jan R. Waddell Sr. attendance.

Jan R. Waddell Sr. has visited my husband once, only after I have repeatedly requested Jan R. Waddell Sr. him to speak with my husband, while he was jail at the Louisville Metro Correctional Center to obtain more information to submit a written letter on my husbandís behalf, because my husband was not in violation of his parole and now paperwork has been found to proved that fact, that Jan R. Waddell Sr. would not research after I repeatedly requested for Jan R. Waddell Sr. to research and he took no interest in but only took my money and mailed a letter and surely this service alone has not itemized to $500.00. Thank you in advance for making others aware of my experience.
ashley moore

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

i know how jan wadell is also he is always getting people for they money he is very rude and disrespectful i think he should be fired as a lawyer
know it all

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

someone needs to report him to the Louisville Bar Assoc.
read this

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

KBA V. JAN R. WADDELL, SR.
ATTORNEY DISCIPLINE - Applicant restored to practice of law
2004-SC-000552-DG.pdf
PUBLISHED
this says it all. he mr. waddell at one time lost his license.
do not trust him, and file a KBA at the bar association if he has taken your money and not done what he says he will do for you...
for others

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

He was suspended from the practice of law on February 4, 2003, for failing to comply with the continuing legal education requirements pursuant to SCR 3.669 . At the time of his suspension, Petitioner had pending disciplinary complaints against him that prevented him from being eligible to apply for restoration until they were resolved . The complaints were ultimately resolved on June 17, 2004. At that time, this Court entered a Confidential Opinion and Order sustaining, without objection from Bar Counsel, Petitioner's Motion for Private Reprimand. Petitioner was reprimanded because he commingled personal funds with client funds in his escrow account in violation of SCR 3 .130-1 .15(a).

I would report him to the Bar, BBB and anyone else in a heartbeat if it were me.
just sayin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

son in jail? dont call waddell! just sayin! you need to all the louisville bar association and file a written formal complaint ASAP and get that looser dis barred again
cam

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Judged:

lets see what this guy does for me.let him take my money
concerned mother

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

I hired Mr.Waddell for my son who has been incarcerated for four mos.he keeps telling me he will take care of it but just keeps putting it off,even blamed it on someone else,he recieved a thousand dollars from me and wont even talk to my son or even give me any advice,what did I pay for?
GrenMtnBoyz

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

I have a "friend" that "serves" Waddell up (WEED!) he needs to be drug monitered , he's another "John Rankin" , remember him? Waddell 's own race don't even like him , to the lady who's money he took , submit a "Clients Security Fund" claim for the $500 and as far as the Louisville Bar , you've GOT TO HAVE malpractice insurance to be a member and I'd bet he doesn't he's a fraud ..
OMG PEOPLE

Burlington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

know it all wrote:
Please do a history check on this nut case! He just got his license back.
OMG PEOPLE

Burlington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

read this wrote:
KBA V. JAN R. WADDELL, SR.
ATTORNEY DISCIPLINE - Applicant restored to practice of law
2004-SC-000552-DG.pdf
PUBLISHED
this says it all. he mr. waddell at one time lost his license.
do not trust him, and file a KBA at the bar association if he has taken your money and not done what he says he will do for you...
Even the drug dealers don't like him. Sooner or later their will no one left.
OMG PEOPLE

Burlington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

GrenMtnBoyz wrote:
I have a "friend" that "serves" Waddell up (WEED!) he needs to be drug monitered , he's another "John Rankin" , remember him? Waddell 's own race don't even like him , to the lady who's money he took , submit a "Clients Security Fund" claim for the $500 and as far as the Louisville Bar , you've GOT TO HAVE malpractice insurance to be a member and I'd bet he doesn't he's a fraud ..
I guess he has replaced the weed for alcohol.
OMG PEOPLE

Burlington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

GrenMtnBoyz wrote:
Don't worry... your $500.00 may have paid off his in-ground pool.
He loves catching a golden shower ...I mean tan with his 25 yr. younger wife.
OMG PEOPLE

Burlington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

His office is in his laundry room, what kind of shit is that.
Another concern mother

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Judged:

concerned mother wrote:
I hired Mr.Waddell for my son who has been incarcerated for four mos.he keeps telling me he will take care of it but just keeps putting it off,even blamed it on someone else,he recieved a thousand dollars from me and wont even talk to my son or even give me any advice,what did I pay for?

I am 56 year old,mother of three sons. I have always kept my money in the west end to promote business growth before I give it to the east end. One of my son got in a fight with a nother man in shawnee park and jan couldn't defend him for a disorder charge. After seeing jan in action at the court house, i am sorry he is black. I've have seen more out of work blacks catching a bus have more respect than jan driving around in his mercedes.
$400 dollars for one phone call and one court date.
concerned mother

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

we should all meet at the courthouse to protest his actions and hold him accountable,he wont stop unless we,the paying clients stop him,who doesnt like a free ride.....pretty smart guy I would say
concerned mother

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

know it all wrote:
I just did and waiting for a complaint form,you have to contact KY.Barr association
Bicentenial baby

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Should you get a lawyer, to fill out a complaint? If so, What type of lawyer does that to another lawyer?
concerned mother

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Bicentenial baby wrote:
Should you get a lawyer, to fill out a complaint? If so, What type of lawyer does that to another lawyer?
No,just visit the KY Board online and print out a claim form,no law2yers needed
REAL196

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Judged:

His house is so nasty!!! That says alot about a person. I dont know who ever said he was a good attorney! He is pathetic!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Downtown Assaults By Group of Teens (3/22/14) 1 hr TAAM 472
Best place to park a truck and watch stars? Ple... 2 hr Death Rattle 6
why is it so hard for some people to tip their ... 3 hr another waitress 24
Are most cops good ? (Sep '13) 3 hr Copper 45
Suspects charged in shoplifting spree 5 hr White Man 1
Miles Parker 5 hr careful 5
Derek Burcham of Kentucky Indiana Area has a cr... 7 hr Anony-Miss 3
•••
•••