Louisville Teen Shot, Killed During F...

Louisville Teen Shot, Killed During Fight

There are 12 comments on the TheLouisVilleChannel.com story from May 6, 2010, titled Louisville Teen Shot, Killed During Fight. In it, TheLouisVilleChannel.com reports that:

Metro Police are looking for a suspect that killed a Louisville teen late Wednesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheLouisVilleChannel.com.

waymoresblues

Louisville, KY

#1 May 6, 2010
a 17 year old out at 1130 on a school night . that tells you all you need to know about his parents and how westend blacks in general take care of their kids . they dont care .just another argument that ends in OFCOURSE gunfire and death . now how much money can i get for this .

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Level 8

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

#2 May 6, 2010
A 50-year-old man was arrested just before midnight Wednesday in the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old boy in south Louisville, police said.

Robin Lee Moore was charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence, according to an arrest citation.

Police officers responded to reports of the shooting about 11:30 p.m. and found the teenager shot, said Dwight Mitchell, a Louisville Metro Police spokesman. He was found on the steps of a church in the 400 block of M Street, just blocks from Churchill Downs.

Charles Eldridge, of the 300 block of Iowa Street, was taken to University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead just before midnight, said Jack Arnold, a deputy Jefferson County coroner. He died of a single gunshot wound.

Police said a pickup truck left at the scene of the shooting was found to be registered to an address in the 700 block of Iowa Street. When police went there, they found Moore and arrested him, Mitchell said.

Homicide detectives are still trying to determine how the altercation between Moore and Eldridge began, but Mitchell said at some point both were in the pickup.

According to Moore’s arrest citation, he admitted that he was involved in the altercation when shots were fired. No weapons have been located, Mitchell said.

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Level 8

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

#3 May 6, 2010
This isn't Moore's first run-in with the law. The following information was provided by the Commonwealth Attorney's Office:

2002:
Moore was indicted for assault and theft of a controlled substance.

1985:
Moore was charged in two separate cases for assault. He was sentenced to 2 years supervised probation in one case and 12 months behind bars for the other.

1982:
Moore received five years supervised probation for assault.

1979:
Moore in court for burglary charges.

Moore is charged with tampering with physical evidence in Eldridge's murder because police have been unable to find the gun.

Why in the hell wasn't this guy under somebody's jail in the first place?
richard

Evansville, IN

#4 May 7, 2010
Phoenix97 wrote:
This isn't Moore's first run-in with the law. The following information was provided by the Commonwealth Attorney's Office:
2002:
Moore was indicted for assault and theft of a controlled substance.
1985:
Moore was charged in two separate cases for assault. He was sentenced to 2 years supervised probation in one case and 12 months behind bars for the other.
1982:
Moore received five years supervised probation for assault.
1979:
Moore in court for burglary charges.
Moore is charged with tampering with physical evidence in Eldridge's murder because police have been unable to find the gun.
Why in the hell wasn't this guy under somebody's jail in the first place?
because some people think everyone can be reabiliated(i know i butchered that word) the politicians think that people will love them for being compassionate, and the courts dont have the balls to stand up and say Mr and MRs America we will protect u from scum and vermin.
Chylloh

Clarksville, TN

#5 May 7, 2010
"He was very athletic. He had a little boy. His first son was a year old. He was trying to be a daddy, but the streets took him down," said Dana Sulzer, Eldridge's aunt.

The streets are unable to do anything, the choice was made by him. A 17 y/o but has a one y/o son.

Of course, this wasn't his fault either.Some young girl forced him to impregnate her.

This is exactly why I report things such as this and how they keep excusing the violence and not trying to curb it or deal with it.
waymoresblues

Louisville, KY

#6 May 9, 2010
isnt that absolutley amazing ' THE STREETS TOOK HIM DOWN 'ofcourse it wasnt his fault ,it was the streets fault . its these kinds of statements thats why i say blacks brains short circuit and were put in backwards .its just mind boggling how they go out of their way to take the blame off their self and blame it on evvvvvverything around them 'to me this is the same as condoning such behavior . THE STREETS TOOK HIM DOWN 'lol unbelievable .
waymoresblues

Louisville, KY

#7 May 9, 2010
just once JUST ONE TIME i would love to hear them say ' it was his fault 'he chose this path ' he chose this life of crime 'now he has to pay for it . but instead all you ever hear is one excuse after another . THE STREETS TOOK HIM DOWN ' classic
Chylloh

Clarksville, TN

#10 May 10, 2010
Its pitiful. Never will you hear them validate the truth-----their choice.

The story also stated, his mother had put him in the foster care and he was an only child but he will be sorely missed.

How do you missed a child you gave away? What responsibility did she contribute to molding this young man into a productive citizen instead of thug with a child on welfare?
Out of here

Scottsville, KY

#12 May 25, 2010
Just because you place a child in care of another does not mean you dont love them or even miss them it might just mean she felt she was unfit to be a parent and its great she found that out after one child instead of having three or four like too many low lifes do... Sometimes people can be victims of the street and most the time people chose their own path in life but I can be certain that half the people on here didnt know the child and what he wanted to do in life. What do you expect when you have noone to look up too growing up besides the ones around you who stay in trouble. Its not the kids fault that you pathetic idiots are not doing your jobs in teaching the youth how to become better people instead they learn habits from you and everyone on here that dont know shit.....
waymoresblues

Prospect, KY

#13 May 25, 2010
Out of here wrote:
Just because you place a child in care of another does not mean you dont love them or even miss them it might just mean she felt she was unfit to be a parent and its great she found that out after one child instead of having three or four like too many low lifes do... Sometimes people can be victims of the street and most the time people chose their own path in life but I can be certain that half the people on here didnt know the child and what he wanted to do in life. What do you expect when you have noone to look up too growing up besides the ones around you who stay in trouble. Its not the kids fault that you pathetic idiots are not doing your jobs in teaching the youth how to become better people instead they learn habits from you and everyone on here that dont know shit.....
sooooooooooo THE STREETS TOOK HIM AWAY right '
Out of here

Scottsville, KY

#14 May 25, 2010
Depends on what you mean by streets. If you mean strrets as in the people running them then yea beacause pretty sure someone made a decision to shoot him...am I right? but how about you prople such as yourself try this. For once quit blistering people on welfare because your probably one of the many on it as well get off your lazy ass earn a legit buck for once and become a true role model for young adults cause trust me a role model can be anyone not just your parents and if you dont have kids be a role model for somone else....
yadig

Louisville, KY

#15 May 27, 2010
he got what was coming to him. shouldnt of been out robbing old men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 3 hr TOMBAR 365
judge jerry bowles (Apr '12) 4 hr Reese 30
Any Prostitutes in Louisville (Dec '09) 5 hr Bigblackdick 18
Why are girls in south Louisville and Dixie hig... 9 hr Jake 29
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 14 hr _FLATLINE-------- 9,224
White police =Bad People 15 hr this guy 11
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) 19 hr Cousinfuker 92

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages